Aston Villa vs Manchester United - Sunday 11 Feb 16:30 | Page 28 | Vital Football

Aston Villa vs Manchester United - Sunday 11 Feb 16:30

the worst misses were the Luiz chance and that one Diaby had when clean through. Overall our play in and around the box was just not quite there , Onana made 2 good saves from Watkins.
This bloody gypsy curse they have over us even extends over Emery now. Thats P5 L4 W1 against them in little over a year. Very frustrating
Ollies early on in the second half was the worst. 6 yards out and straight at the keeper. He's got to score that.

The BITB - when you think you have seen the pits, along comes another one who reaches unseen depths. Villa deserved to win that game by a mile. F**k *** yanited

the worst misses were the Luiz chance and that one Diaby had when clean through. Overall our play in and around the box was just not quite there , Onana made 2 good saves from Watkins.
This bloody gypsy curse they have over us even extends over Emery now. Thats P5 L4 W1 against them in little over a year. Very frustrating

I couldn’t remember who missed the best chances as there were so bloody many of them! I could’ve called out half the team.

Can someone who watched it on TV, tell me why the first United goal didn’t have a VAR check? I’ve just watched it back and it looks very tight. I accept it as a goal if it’s onside, but it didn’t feel like it was even checked. If that is the new speed of VAR checks then that’s a good thing, the cynic in me thinks it wasn’t checked because it was United.

I literally cannot fathom this thing we have with Manure . It's absolutely barmy. The fact that it felt inevitable given the chances we missed doesn't make it any easier. Infact this thing with them is getting worse. Its at the point where I ain't gonna go to the games .
The all time statistics look made up.

I couldn’t remember who missed the best chances as there were so bloody many of them! I could’ve called out half the team.

Can someone who watched it on TV, tell me why the first United goal didn’t have a VAR check? I’ve just watched it back and it looks very tight. I accept it as a goal if it’s onside, but it didn’t feel like it was even checked. If that is the new speed of VAR checks then that’s a good thing, the cynic in me thinks it wasn’t checked because it was United.
the goal itself is ok. The free kick leading to the corner that lead to the goal is a clear offside

Ollies early on in the second half was the worst. 6 yards out and straight at the keeper. He's got to score that.

Slightly disappointing for Ollie today with Big Nose watching. His passing felt a bit forced today and he got the weight wrong on a couple, and those misses will be what Southgate remembers. Although he probably only came to watch Macguire.

I did enjoy booing Southgate when he came on screen. Childish I know but made me feel good for a few seconds.

Slightly disappointing for Ollie today with Big Nose watching. His passing felt a bit forced today and he got the weight wrong on a couple, and those misses will be what Southgate remembers. Although he probably only came to watch Macguire.

I didn’t enjoy booing Southgate when he came on screen. Childish I know but made me feel good for a few seconds.
Says a lot when the last captain to lift a trophy for us gets booed.

I didn’t enjoy booing Southgate when he came on screen. Childish I know but made me feel good for a few seconds.
I would boo boring beaky all day long. I do wish we would stop playing balls up to Ollie with his back the goal and a thug right behind him. Varane should have been booked in the first half for instance.

I didn't think it was a corner either. Looked to come off a Man Utd player and Emi seemed to have kept in in anyway.

Those will be brushed aside though.
They showed the offside on Sky drew the lines etc., Cassemiro clearly off.
Roy Keane said he didn't think it was a foul for the free kick.,
I don't think they covered whether Martinez kept it in or not , do they get hawkeye bleep for that (in the officials ears) ?

They showed the offside on Sky drew the lines etc., Cassemiro clearly off.
Roy Keane said he didn't think it was a foul for the free kick.,
I don't think they covered whether Martinez kept it in or not , do they get hawkeye bleep for that (in the officials ears) ?
No , but the lino was about 5 yards behind the play so was nowhere near in line.

Any highs BBJ? League Cup wins,FA Cup Finals, League Champions some class players oh, l nearly forgot, European Cup Final wins against nobodies such as Barcelona and Bayern Munich.

Oh, just one or two, JP!
But apart from all that, one of the games I remember with most fondness was the first time I took two of my sons and a long-lost brother (over 30 years!) to Villa Park.
It was in the 1992/1993 season against Manchester City and, after going 1-0 down to a Niall Quinn goal in the first half, we could feel the vibrations of Big Ron's interval tongue lashing beneath our feet.
It was 3-1 to the good guys in the end and we returned to Dublin the following day in good spirits.

(Incidentally, I thought Ray Houghton took the penalty that day, not Garry Parker?)

Pissed off at that one. Feels too much like far too many other games against that lot where we are the better side but shoot ourselves in the foot with the final ball/finish.

One difference is that this time I feel we're genuinely the better team and squad. I wouldn't take any of their first 11 or manager. They know they got lucky and it's why they celebrated like they'd won the league.

Cant be arsed to dissect the performance right now. Still too raw. All I'll say is it's hard against 12 men in this league. That ref gave them every single decision he could without resorting to obvious and outright corruption. A disgraceful show and one I expected.

Thought SJM spoke really well after the game. Really positive, also mentions the injuries which does not get talked about really, and we know it isn’t an excuse but it is a factor, it just is.

First real dip under this manager (because before this I don’t think we’ve really had one, we lost the two at home Arsenal and Leicester but it was more a blip than a prolonged dip, and it was very early days)… so many more games to go, I believe in them.

Can't believe we have found another way to lose to them.
2 nil up lose 3-2 , players never to be seen again hitting a last min winner etc, etc , etc.

Latest is batter them , come back to draw, batter them some more , lose.

FUCK OFF.

Last edited:
It's frustrating cos an 11 point gap could have opened up now its 5.
As McGinn says we just have to get going again now. Go win at Fulham and build again from there