Aston Villa vs Manchester United - Sunday 11 Feb 16:30 | Page 27 | Vital Football

Aston Villa vs Manchester United - Sunday 11 Feb 16:30

No absolutely . We overachieved massively in the 1st half the season , i think the players did choke a bit when the summit came into view and that's understandable as they hadn't been there before. I think our natural position is 6/7th and we may settle into that place . I do think we can put another run together now looking at the fixtures and with players coming back - Torres / Digne / Ramsey . The Kamara injury is a worry though looks like his knee went.
Fulham Away is a big one and that hasn't been a happy hunting ground down the years
Ain’t that the sad truth. Just overachieved and reverting back to the mean now.

Manure fans saying they couldn't believe it when Unai took Bailey off.

Seen plenty of posts too from Villa fans who were at the game saying the same.

We played ok but losing a 6-pointer at home is a rotten result no matter which way you look at it. Man U are a poor side for their historic standards and we’ve dropped 6 points against them this season - they’d be in 9th place without the points we’ve given them.

I thought bringing Diaby to play alongside Bailey really changed the game, it gave us so much more impetus and overloaded their full backs… but as soon as we scored Emery took Bailey off and changed the system back - that was when the game was lost, a self inflicted move to kill off all our momentum. Unai has been amazing for us but you have to say that was crap reading of the game and a crap decision.

Ain’t that the sad truth. Just overachieved and reverting back to the mean now.
It's a slam-dunk! In any case, as someone whose first visit to Villa Park was in 1963, I am not unfamiliar with disappointments, Tomy.
Any highs BBJ? League Cup wins,FA Cup Finals, League Champions some class players oh, l nearly forgot, European Cup Final wins against nobodies such as Barcelona and Bayern Munich.

We played ok but losing a 6-pointer at home is a rotten result no matter which way you look at it. Man U are a poor side for their historic standards and we’ve dropped 6 points against them this season - they’d be in 9th place without the points we’ve given them.

I thought bringing Diaby to play alongside Bailey really changed the game, it gave us so much more impetus and overloaded their full backs… but as soon as we scored Emery took Bailey off and changed the system back - that was when the game was lost, a self inflicted move to kill off all our momentum. Unai has been amazing for us but you have to say that was crap reading of the game and a crap decision.

A perfect last sentence. Yes he’s been amazing since he came in but yes he can also get it wrong and there’s nothing wrong with highlighting that.

I suppose the only positive I am hearing is if we play like that but improve finishing and defending. Then we should win our next 3 setting up another showdown at home vs Spurs.

I just couldn’t stomach watching that game after seeing that goal go in. I am so fucking bored seeing us lose to them. I’ve had enough of it but I’ll accept it this season if we finish above them.

Gonna take me a while to get over this one. And I ain't normally like that nowadays. Mrs M is in hysterics as I gave it a full on rant about the years this has been going on. Was pretty funny to be fair once I'd shut up.

Need a win at Fulham.

To play like that and lose is devastating.

I literally cannot fathom this thing we have with Manure . It's absolutely barmy. The fact that it felt inevitable given the chances we missed doesn't make it any easier. Infact this thing with them is getting worse. Its at the point where I ain't gonna go to the games .

ARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHH.

Absolutely gutted by that today. Thought we deserved a point at the very least but if you don’t take your chances you always run the risk of losing all three I guess especially against this lot who always seem to come up smelling of fucking roses year after year against us even when they’re second best. Performance as a whole was so much better than what we’ve seen recently (bar at Sheffield last week) Unlike Wednesday, everyone put in a shift and other than not defending corners/set plays particularly well again,I thought we were pretty comfortable. They hardly created anything from open playwhereas we created plenty. It really was one of those games and yet again it was against the opposition you just know will get the rub. Two quick words to finish with for Robert Jones…incompetent ******!

Absolutely gutted by that today. Thought we deserved a point at the very least but if you don’t take your chances you always run the risk of losing all three I guess especially against this lot who always seem to come up smelling of fucking roses year after year against us even when they’re second best. Performance as a whole was so much better than what we’ve seen recently (bar at Sheffield last week) Unlike Wednesday, everyone put in a shift and other than not defending corners/set plays particularly well again,I thought we were pretty comfortable. They hardly created anything from open playwhereas we created plenty. It really was one of those games and yet again it was against the opposition you just know will get the rub. Two quick words to finish with for Robert Jones…incompetent ******!
100%

It wasn’t far off a thoroughly enjoyable evening. Under the lights with a cracking atmosphere, a United team there for the taking, attacking line-up and we started well, but we just couldn’t take our bloody chances.

Ollie and Jacob must’ve had a handful between them, with Bailey and Moreno having good half chances too.

On another day, we could’ve won that game 5-2 with the chances we had. I’m not too disheartened as that can happen, wherever United might be in their life cycle (pretty shit in relative terms), it does seem have an effect when you’re the opposition with the pressure that puts on.

Shout out to the ref too. Diabolical. It’s a lame excuse to call the ref out, but at the top of the professional game, those marginal decisions make a difference. Absolutely bottled it whenever it came to disciplining the United players, yet we weren’t being given blatant free kicks and picking up yellows for just being present. Absolute joke of a ref, should be relegated to league 2.

It wasn’t far off a thoroughly enjoyable evening. Under the lights with a cracking atmosphere, a United team there for the taking, attacking line-up and we started well, but we just couldn’t take our bloody chances.

Ollie and Jacob must’ve had a handful between them, with Bailey and Moreno having good half chances too.

On another day, we could’ve won that game 5-2 with the chances we had. I’m not too disheartened as that can happen, wherever United might be in their life cycle (pretty shit in relative terms), it does seem have an effect when you’re the opposition with the pressure that puts on.

Shout out to the ref too. Diabolical. It’s a lame excuse to call the ref out, but at the top of the professional game, those marginal decisions make a difference. Absolutely bottled it whenever it came to disciplining the United players, yet we weren’t being given blatant free kicks and picking up yellows for just being present. Absolute joke of a ref, should be relegated to league 2.
Three or four times we've had Rob Jones this season and each time he has been dreadful. How he gets PL games I do not know.

Manure fans saying they couldn't believe it when Unai took Bailey off.

Seen plenty of posts too from Villa fans who were at the game saying the same.

I was a bit surprised as I thought he was the one who could unlock United’s tight defence late on, but when he came near me I thought his legs had gone. Shame, because Diaby just isn’t that level when the defence is that tight and deep, he seems to get his feet all wrong compared to the reincarnated Bailey.

the worst misses were the Luiz chance and that one Diaby had when clean through. Overall our play in and around the box was just not quite there , Onana made 2 good saves from Watkins.
This bloody gypsy curse they have over us even extends over Emery now. Thats P5 L4 W1 against them in little over a year. Very frustrating