Aston Villa vs Manchester United - Sunday 11 Feb 16:30 | Page 26 | Vital Football

Aston Villa vs Manchester United - Sunday 11 Feb 16:30

Willie Anderson (historically), and Paul McGrath (obviously) - two nice gifts from Man Utd in times gone by.

Nowadays it would be nice to be gifted some wins for a change, instead of again and again having them stolen from us.

Reactions: BBJ
Absolutely gutted.

I think that was the best we have played in a while. Created chance after chance and on another day we win that comfortably.

I've got to say this with a heavy heart because by and large us Villa fans stick together but I was very disappointed with the reaction when they scored. Couldn't believe how many left despite there been 10 mins left and when the team needed one last effort and the crowd behind them the atmosphere died.

Fair enough if we are 6 down , but at 2-1 no , very poor.

Were all saying rotate, rotate, -but the harsh reality of that is Zaniolio and Tielemans getting pitch time.

That's the difference

Absolutely gutted.

I think that was the best we have played in a while. Created chance after chance and on another day we win that comfortably.

I've got to say this with a heavy heart because by and large us Villa fans stick together but I was very disappointed with the reaction when they scored. Couldn't believe how many left despite there been 10 mins left and when the team needed one last effort and the crowd behind them the atmosphere died.

Fair enough if we are 6 down , but at 2-1 no , very poor.

it feels like united nicked it, which makes it worst, one of them days,

Have to agree with that. My thoughts exactly. Bailey was the best Villa player on the park

He was causing them problems down that side in the 2nd half and you could see them panicking when Diaby came on down the same side. We were creating plenty of chances so it was the strangest decision ever to take Bailey off. We didn't look the same after that.

He was causing them problems down that side in the 2nd half and you could see them panicking when Diaby came on down the same side. We were creating plenty of chances so it was the strangest decision ever to take Bailey off. We didn't look the same after that.
I'd wait on Bailey. Must have had a knock or something because if I was him I would have been fuming to be subbed , but he seemed ok with it.

At least there were positives out there today which I couldn't say about Newcastle and Chelsea.
1. Ramsey getting back to the player we know he can be. Just needs a bit more sharpness but that will come.
2. Bailey ran their defence ragged today. Really is a player on form.
3. Generally speaking we created a lot of decent chances and kept United pegged back for large chunks of the game.

Next 3 are huge and should be winnable on paper but this is Villa and confidence will have taken a huge hit after today. I'll feel a whole lot better when Pau is starting games and Konsa is back from injury. If the results in the next couple of weeks aren't what we expect then I really think this season will flicker out into a real anticlimax.

Yep - a team assembled on shoestring - narrowly beaten by a team with pretty much unlimited resources.

I Get the disappointment -but do people really feel this is top 4 squad of players ????
No absolutely . We overachieved massively in the 1st half the season , i think the players did choke a bit when the summit came into view and that's understandable as they hadn't been there before. I think our natural position is 6/7th and we may settle into that place . I do think we can put another run together now looking at the fixtures and with players coming back - Torres / Digne / Ramsey . The Kamara injury is a worry though looks like his knee went.
Fulham Away is a big one and that hasn't been a happy hunting ground down the years

I don’t think there is any result except losses and draws to United that ruin my weekend. Losing to Luton? I’d get over it in an hour. Lose to Hnited? I’ll ruminate all day and tomorrow too.