Aston Villa vs Manchester United - Sunday 11 Feb 16:30 | Page 31 | Vital Football

Aston Villa vs Manchester United - Sunday 11 Feb 16:30

Just to say to all those with post-match blues syndrome, we've come a very long way in a very short time. We all knew deep in our hearts that the road was rocky and results like this could happen.

We have a very methodical game plan and, if the first eleven is available and on form, we can beat the majority of teams. In reality, we are at least one or two players short and top 4 was and will continue to be, a huge ask.

But we're now coming to the business end of the season and this league will continue to throw up a few more surprising results. There's still a lot to play for and we have the points on the board and are still ahead of the likes of Manure and Saudi Utd. I still think we're ahead of schedule and if we can get back to winning ways over the next few games, the impossible dream may still be achievable. We may have lost this battle, but the war ain't over 'til the fat lady sings.

Don’t think I’ve seen it mentioned but the round of boos that happened after Southgate appeared on the big screen was perfect.

Another thing was the anti abuse/racism/homophobia messages that appeared on the big screen when the rat went to take a corner, how are we supposed to make Villa park intimidating if the club are pretty much telling us to stop? I didn’t hear anything racist, homophobic round by me anyway so I’m guessing one or two elsewhere went a bit too far. Calling him an w⚓️ and a rat, yes it’s abuse but footballers are surely used to this and should have a thicker skin, id lap it up personally and use to it to push me on. He does himself no favours with his behaviour.

Don’t think I’ve seen it mentioned but the round of boos that happened after Southgate appeared on the big screen was perfect.

Another thing was the anti abuse/racism/homophobia messages that appeared on the big screen when the rat went to take a corner, how are we supposed to make Villa park intimidating if the club are pretty much telling us to stop? I didn’t hear anything racist, homophobic round by me anyway so I’m guessing one or two elsewhere went a bit too far. Calling him an w⚓️ and a rat, yes it’s abuse but footballers are surely used to this and should have a thicker skin, id lap it up personally and use to it to push me on. He does himself no favours with his behaviour.
Nice to see that we're trying to stamp out ratism

Yes,Wicked Messenger, big picture time. ASTONVILLA are on the up. We ha e endured the old pre Ellis Dinosaurs, Ellis, Randy, Tony. New stadium or tart up Villa Park?
Are we on the up though ? I'd say we've hit a ceiling - we've maxed out what can be squeezed from this group of players ....not sure the finance is there to add any more proven quality -:without selling some of our assets.

No complaints it is what it is - but I'm struggling to see how we move higher up the pecking order than we are now.

I thought they were just random announcements - didn't think they were in response to anything.

i guess i'll be a "none regular" next season when the ST isnt renewed and i probably pick 3 or 4 games that i can actually attend and just go to those. I wont ever buy a half n half scarf though
I'm guessing if you have got a half and half scarf and doing selfies on the stairs so you can see the pitch as well, it's your first time? That's what I meant by none regular

For the avoidance of doubt anyone is entitled to buy a ticket. Not sure how you would get one for Man U though.

I'm guessing if you have got a half and half scarf and doing selfies on the stairs so you can see the pitch as well, it's your first time? That's what I meant by none regular

For the avoidance of doubt anyone is entitled to buy a ticket. Not sure how you would get one for Man U though.
through Villa now they have teamed up with a travel company so you buy tickets and hotel as a package, literally aimed at tourists

Missed the game but it sounds like we played well, on the whole.
I see that Maguire described us as "relentless" and Villa Park as "rocking" - this is good.

Frustrating to come away with nothing again, especially to that lot but I'm glad to hear we put in a good performance and created a lot of chances.

On to the next one. UTV!

Missed the game but it sounds like we played well, on the whole.
I see that Maguire described us as "relentless" and Villa Park as "rocking" - this is good.

Frustrating to come away with nothing again, especially to that lot but I'm glad to hear we put in a good performance and created a lot of chances.

On to the next one. UTV!
Probably the best we have played since before Christmas.

In the cold light of day I'm feeling a lot more optimistic for the rest of the season. The defeat hurts but the performance was reassuring.

We do need to go on a run now.

Looking at Utd's fixtures we really could have done with not losing yesterday . Not much wriggle room now for more slip ups.

Probably the best we have played since before Christmas.

In the cold light of day I'm feeling a lot more optimistic for the rest of the season. The defeat hurts but the performance was reassuring.

We do need to go on a run now.
Yeah I think so. Yesterday was a sickener not just because of how we lost but the fact that it was United again. Our record against them is ridiculous at this stage.

But the performance was really good for the most part and hopefully we are able to use it as a bit of a platform for a good run.

Yeah I think so. Yesterday was a sickener not just because of how we lost but the fact that it was United again. Our record against them is ridiculous at this stage.

But the performance was really good for the most part and hopefully we are able to use it as a bit of a platform for a good run.
On any other day we win that game, even if its against United and if we can play like that in our next 3 fixtures you'd have to expect 9 pts. That would set up a nice showdown with Spurs and a chance at redemption.

I think we're missing our injured defenders, Torres and Konsa. The difference was how soft their goals were. Cash, Lenglet and Carlos just aren't as good.
Yup. We need Konsa back to give a bit more solidity and reliability and Torres to get attacks going with those long, defence splitting passes.

I think we're missing our injured defenders, Torres and Konsa. The difference was how soft their goals were. Cash, Lenglet and Carlos just aren't as good.
Just as Yanited and Spuds struggled without their first choice defence earlier in the season.