Official and Unofficial January 2023 Transfer Window | Page 83 | Vital Football

Official and Unofficial January 2023 Transfer Window

In my opinion, it will be borderline miraculous for any of Taylor, Swann or Osong to make it at Forest.

Look at the midfield v Bournemouth, once it was re-jigged and Danilo made his debut.
Suddenly, there was defensive cover AND forward passing.
I think the team have missed that pivot for a good 3/4 years.

This is the kind of quality that a 21 yo should be demonstrating.
Maybe Osong has a chance, but, his development and ability need to skyrocket now.

Take Calvert-Lewin's example, made his debut at 19 and looked the part immediately.
Swann's 22 and scrapping for Mansfield: Taylor 20 and will play 3rd div hoofball for the rest of the season.
If both go on to score 15/20 goals for their new clubs, great, but, will it be viewed similarly to Tyler Walker and his spells in the lower leagues?

Brennan Johnson's time at Lincoln is an obvious exception, but, once he played his games Hughton brought him straight back into the side - wasn't he very close to actually returning mid-season? - and took off immeadiately.

Obviously, i hope all of the young lads make the grade at Forest; unfortunately it does look very unlikely that any will...sadly.

I don't think our youth system is anywhere near as good as people think it is.

Maybe this will improve over time if we consolidate in the PL.

But all you do is deliver fcuking letters. Never late, I'll grant you that, but still.
Never late? Have you ever had to watch Postman Pat? The incompetent jackass has access to 3 vans, a plane, helicopter, boat, motorcycle, quad bike and high tech radar tracking facilities. He delivers one parcel a day to his local village, and manages to balls it up every time, usually having opened and used it.

In my opinion, it will be borderline miraculous for any of Taylor, Swann or Osong to make it at Forest.

Look at the midfield v Bournemouth, once it was re-jigged and Danilo made his debut.
Suddenly, there was defensive cover AND forward passing.
I think the team have missed that pivot for a good 3/4 years.

This is the kind of quality that a 21 yo should be demonstrating.
Maybe Osong has a chance, but, his development and ability need to skyrocket now.

Take Calvert-Lewin's example, made his debut at 19 and looked the part immediately.
Swann's 22 and scrapping for Mansfield: Taylor 20 and will play 3rd div hoofball for the rest of the season.
If both go on to score 15/20 goals for their new clubs, great, but, will it be viewed similarly to Tyler Walker and his spells in the lower leagues?

Brennan Johnson's time at Lincoln is an obvious exception, but, once he played his games Hughton brought him straight back into the side - wasn't he very close to actually returning mid-season? - and took off immeadiately.

Obviously, i hope all of the young lads make the grade at Forest; unfortunately it does look very unlikely that any will...sadly.

I think Swann has very little chance of making it; I'm surprised we have kept him on given his age.

Taylor, who only turned 19 in December, is in a totally different class to Swann - he is much closer to BJ in terms of development.

Having watched both at similar stages of their development, I see similarities between Dale and Brennan, they both had the ability to make things look very easy, something not that common in youngsters.

That is probably where the similarities end; BJ has blistering pace, Taylor looks like a clever player who can drop off and make things happen, as well as being a prolific goal scorer.

Osong could be anything.

He is fucking huge and must frighten the lives out of opposition defenders, its a case of will he be able to do that with the grown ups.

Swann won't make it, Osong might make it, Taylor is nailed on.

Breel Embolo or Jonathan David? Neither will go to the top 6/7 clubs, priced around the £30m mark?

6.5 year deal, we’re mid table, worth a punt?

Breel Embolo or Jonathan David? Neither will go to the top 6/7 clubs, priced around the £30m mark?

Didn't Embolo only just sign for Monaco last year?

Also, David is known to be more of a withdrawn striker, plus not the tallest, so doesn't solve the focal point issue.

I think Swann has very little chance of making it; I'm surprised we have kept him on given his age.

Taylor, who only turned 19 in December, is in a totally different class to Swann - he is much closer to BJ in terms of development.

Having watched both at similar stages of their development, I see similarities between Dale and Brennan, they both had the ability to make things look very easy, something not that common in youngsters.

That is probably where the similarities end; BJ has blistering pace, Taylor looks like a clever player who can drop off and make things happen, as well as being a prolific goal scorer.

Osong could be anything.

He is fucking huge and must frighten the lives out of opposition defenders, its a case of will he be able to do that with the grown ups.

Swann won't make it, Osong might make it, Taylor is nailed on.

When will Taylor make it, and at what level, you think? Prem/Championship?

Realise the bigger picture is the pathway for young players (and the hope they make a living as a professional footballer),just curious where/when Taylor emerges?

Didn't Embolo only just sign for Monaco last year?

Also, David is known to be more of a withdrawn striker, plus not the tallest, so doesn't solve the focal point issue.
I think he did Zed, just thinking of where our next level of striker could be from those who wouldn’t get a top 6 move. If we stay up, we’d be in the same bracket as the rest of the Prem and likely the similar positioned clubs in Germany, Spain for these types of players

When will Taylor make it, and at what level, you think? Prem/Championship?

Realise the bigger picture is the pathway for young players (and the hope they make a living as a professional footballer),just curious where/when Taylor emerges?

It has to be sooner rather than later.

A mate of mine worked at the Academy up until recently and he did not think he was far away.

Unfortunately, for me, not him, he has moved on to bigger and better things, so I no longer get updates, and I don't get to see the Academy teams as I am stuck down South working.

I know other PL clubs and some foreign clubs have him on their radar; it is to be hoped he makes it with us because if he does not, he certainly will somewhere else.

Donelly is another one not far away, he too has just gone out on loan

Josh Bowler not getting game time at Oly under new manager (may feature in Europa Cup tonight) - almost certain to return to UK.

He can only play for Forest or Blackpool (loan back to them - seems most likely) this season and obviously, we have to offload players from 25 man squad for him to fit in here.

Excluding loanees, we have players out of contract this summer - so that may open the door for some to leave - which has to be the primary target.

Isn't he back at Blackpool?

He went there the same weekend we played them in the cup

According to The Guardian, Lampard's sacking means that Danjuma (who had not signed) has been instead invited to a medical at Tottenham Hotspur- which, assuming he has a full complement of brain cells and prefers to retain ownership of his belongings- he is going to do.

not if were hoping to be 6th or 7th next year haha Think I predicted 8th and got carried away a bit. stil think we can finish higher than we are tho

According to The Guardian, Lampard's sacking means that Danjuma (who had not signed) has been instead invited to a medical at Tottenham Hotspur- which, assuming he has a full complement of brain cells and prefers to retain ownership of his belongings- he is going to do.
looks like its good we avoided him as his conviction is hardly shining through lol

Isn't he back at Blackpool?

He went there the same weekend we played them in the cup

Yes (posted that ages ago) - that was the only place Bowler could go back to, as he had played for them & Oly this season (unless, he went to a team in USA/Asia etc).... similar situation for Dennis, who's played for us & Waford and Mighten (us & Wednesday).

not if were hoping to be 6th or 7th next year haha Think I predicted 8th and got carried away a bit. stil think we can finish higher than we are tho
"Supercomputer" has Forest in 15th at the end (Bournemouth bottom, Everton and Wolves to go down as well)

supercomputer gives u less points second time around than the first. how can anyone see the logic in that?