Official and Unofficial January 2023 Transfer Window | Page 82 | Vital Football

Official and Unofficial January 2023 Transfer Window

It was Boost bars when he was playing for Leicester.

They were doing a promo and giving them out free before the game and the steward that looked like Darryl Powell was catching them and eating them PMSL as the other stewards formed a wall in between Rogers and the boosts.

As Forest came back from 2-0 down after 90 minutes to draw 2-2, the NEP headline (before it became an absolute shitrag) was "ROGERS RETURN GIVES FOREST A BOOST."

Class.
My God, there's many things I miss about the UK, and boost bars, Minstrels, and Revels are right near the very top

They were doing a promo and giving them out free before the game and the steward that looked like Darryl Powell was catching them and eating them PMSL as the other stewards formed a wall in between Rogers and the boosts.

As Forest came back from 2-0 down after 90 minutes to draw 2-2, the NEP headline (before it became an absolute shitrag) was "ROGERS RETURN GIVES FOREST A BOOST."

Class.

Didn't know this, it was a bit before my time. The one I remember was after Rogers left Forest following his 2nd stint. Googling I think it must have been 06/07 he came on as a sub for Bradford.
It probably was a boost he was offered given this story. He declined the choccy bar, and the guy left it on the concrete barrier next to the pitch in case he got hungry later.

Didn't know this, it was a bit before my time. The one I remember was after Rogers left Forest following his 2nd stint. Googling I think it must have been 06/07 he came on as a sub for Bradford.
It probably was a boost he was offered given this story. He declined the choccy bar, and the guy left it on the concrete barrier next to the pitch in case he got hungry later.

Ah yes, I also remember that Bradford game.

The Leicester game I was referring to must have been around 2001/02.

It was 02/03, we equalised with the last kick of the game.

A Block that day was wild.

I brought a German mate from Uni who was from Munich, but had lived in Barcelona, so was only used to watching plastic bandwagon teams and he loved it.

Still mentions it to this day on the rare occasion that I speak with him.

Class.

took some mates to that game, we were all sat in A block, they couldn't believe what they were seeing was brilliant, Roger's took it well

Over last four years and eight windows Forest have been looking for a striker. We can’t find one of the correct quality at the price we can afford. We went for TA this summer, more out of hope and with some work required. Showing some improvement and is willing. Also Surridge. Neither near finished article. We have been linked with various names that we didn’t sign but we hardly missed out as none have gone on to set the headlines ablaze.

Headlines today is full of Everton demise. Their story has similar elements. They have spent millions across the club but particularly looking for a striker. They developed their own but injury robbed them of his services at key moments. When they do find someone he is bought by others financially better placed.

Strikers are rare beasts. If you can find one, wrap them in cotton wool and on long contracts. Increasingly clubs are gambling big money on younger developing talent rather than waiting till fully developed as the price can be breath taking. Liverpool in summer went for Nunez and Newcastle Izack. Man City could afford established Harland.

Feel Forest will need to gamble on a developing 20 year old and nurture. It will not be this window as we have decided on a stop gap in Wood. Are TA and Surridge able to step up. Can Taylor show his promos at Burton, Swann at Mansfield or Onsong at U 21’s. Stay up, with a squad that is twice as strong as promoted squad and we become a promising team for a young developing striker to join. Feelers need to go out and layers identified so we can seriously remit this summer. Big money, big gamble but strikers make or break seasons.

Over last four years and eight windows Forest have been looking for a striker. We can’t find one of the correct quality at the price we can afford. We went for TA this summer, more out of hope and with some work required. Showing some improvement and is willing. Also Surridge. Neither near finished article. We have been linked with various names that we didn’t sign but we hardly missed out as none have gone on to set the headlines ablaze.

Headlines today is full of Everton demise. Their story has similar elements. They have spent millions across the club but particularly looking for a striker. They developed their own but injury robbed them of his services at key moments. When they do find someone he is bought by others financially better placed.

Strikers are rare beasts. If you can find one, wrap them in cotton wool and on long contracts. Increasingly clubs are gambling big money on younger developing talent rather than waiting till fully developed as the price can be breath taking. Liverpool in summer went for Nunez and Newcastle Izack. Man City could afford established Harland.

Feel Forest will need to gamble on a developing 20 year old and nurture. It will not be this window as we have decided on a stop gap in Wood. Are TA and Surridge able to step up. Can Taylor show his promos at Burton, Swann at Mansfield or Onsong at U 21’s. Stay up, with a squad that is twice as strong as promoted squad and we become a promising team for a young developing striker to join. Feelers need to go out and layers identified so we can seriously remit this summer. Big money, big gamble but strikers make or break seasons.

In my opinion, it will be borderline miraculous for any of Taylor, Swann or Osong to make it at Forest.

Look at the midfield v Bournemouth, once it was re-jigged and Danilo made his debut.
Suddenly, there was defensive cover AND forward passing.
I think the team have missed that pivot for a good 3/4 years.

This is the kind of quality that a 21 yo should be demonstrating.
Maybe Osong has a chance, but, his development and ability need to skyrocket now.

Take Calvert-Lewin's example, made his debut at 19 and looked the part immediately.
Swann's 22 and scrapping for Mansfield: Taylor 20 and will play 3rd div hoofball for the rest of the season.
If both go on to score 15/20 goals for their new clubs, great, but, will it be viewed similarly to Tyler Walker and his spells in the lower leagues?

Brennan Johnson's time at Lincoln is an obvious exception, but, once he played his games Hughton brought him straight back into the side - wasn't he very close to actually returning mid-season? - and took off immeadiately.

Obviously, i hope all of the young lads make the grade at Forest; unfortunately it does look very unlikely that any will...sadly.