Official and Unofficial January 2023 Transfer Window | Page 85 | Vital Football

Official and Unofficial January 2023 Transfer Window

supercomputer gives u less points second time around than the first. how can anyone see the logic in that?

I was reading that 35 points have been enough in 7 out of the last 10 years and 37 points good enough in 9 out of the last 10.

The article also stated that the total points of the teams at the bottom was the largest for some while.

Now, I would have thought that would push the points needed up, but they think it could be as low as 30

Seems like overloading TBH.
No such thing at this level.

Peter Taylor once told the players that they were all there because they were the best he could get, and that as soon as he could find a better player in their position he would replace them without hesitation, because he wouldn't be doing his job properly if he didn't

MGW is the only player in the squad that I am convinced we won't be able to find a better replacement for

Peter Taylor once told the players that they were all there because they were the best he could get, and that as soon as he could find a better player in their position he would replace them without hesitation, because he wouldn't be doing his job properly if he didn't

MGW is the only player in the squad that I am convinced we won't be able to find a better replacement for

Guess Pete wasn't working against all-powerful agents, tiktok, FUT, 25 player squads and footballers happy to sit on 40k-a-week contracts for doing jack shit.

Aurier? Scarpa? Danilo?

Even Johnson if he keeps developing.

Yep.

They were far better than us at the CG, are clearly a class above the other battling teams. But they just don't score and their defence isn't that great either

and that is what makes footy the best game, a team can be a "class above" yet shit at scoring and shit in defence.

I agree btw, just saying, crazy game sometimes

Too early to say that about any of them yet, a lot of settling in and developing to do.

Aurier is very close to the best we are going to get for RB at this level, I agree
Aurier is superb. When he concentrates. Assuming we stay up it will be interesting to see what happens with him.

Forests improvement has coincided with the arrival of Aurier. A full back rather than wingback. He does however go missing. Things like Radford shaking him off easily for opening goal, Barnes two glaring misses v Leics and his nightmare at B’muff. When he is on it he is excellent but needs to concentrate and hold position for full match.

I was reading that 35 points have been enough in 7 out of the last 10 years and 37 points good enough in 9 out of the last 10.

The article also stated that the total points of the teams at the bottom was the largest for some while.

Now, I would have thought that would push the points needed up, but they think it could be as low as 30
I would have thought the same as you. I suppose it gets lower the more lowish teams take points off each other, as there are more zero sum games.

I would have thought the same as you. I suppose it gets lower the more lowish teams take points off each other, as there are more zero sum games.
The fact we now have more points than games played is a massive positive. Keep that up and we should easily be safe.

It will be interesting how many points are needed though - just need to keep pace point wise with 3rd bottom.

From the beginning of the season I have felt 35 points will be enough. I now feel 34 but am sceptical of escaping on 30. Southampton look as if they are playing with heart even if not picking up points. B’muff have 17 and could double that easily. Everton are struggling in all areas but feel Leics, Wolves and Leeds are playing well at times and should have enough. Likewise Wet Spam have the players and must start firing soon.

A note of caution -

These are the games we have left and where.

Screenshot_20230125_084322_Twitter.jpg
9 home games left, but four are against the top four.

Assuming we take a baseline of needing 5 more wins, we have zero margin for error; with four of those home games being against the top four we have to win all of the other 5 home games, including against Brighton; every one of those home games we fail to win is an away game we have to win, or a top four team we need to beat.

Only if
A note of caution -

These are the games we have left and where.

View attachment 63063
9 home games left, but four are against the top four.

Assuming we take a baseline of needing 5 more wins, we have zero margin for error; with four of those home games being against the top four we have to win all of the other 5 home games, including against Brighton; every one of those home games we fail to win is an away game we have to win, or a top four team we need to beat.
Only if Forest don't get any draws....