Season Memberships | Page 10 | Vital Football

Season Memberships

Having had three phones stolen in three years, I'm done with mobiles. It's difficult to appreciate how this makes life problematic at times. Likewise with bank/credit cards. It's only when they are stolen that you see the wisdom of cash.

What if someone steals your cash?

It was only a problem with physical cards if you changed your type of season ticket . As I have said before mine was a gold+concession65+ my new membership is a gold concession65+. Same seat but apparently that is why it wasn't accepted at turnstile. I am going into ticket office tomorrow to get a new card.

If your previous ticket was;
Gold concession 65+
and your new ticket is;
Gold concession 65+
Is there a difference in that?

My details remained exactly the same but my card didn't work.

Gold concession 65+
and your new ticket is;
Gold concession 65+

Regardless of what your previous card was why can't they just issue another sodding card for each season? Is it really that costly? Couldn't a sponsor put there name & logo on the card to recoup some of the cost?

Gold concession 65+
and your new ticket is;
Gold concession 65+

If you read my comment it was gold+concession65 now gold concession65 no plus after the gold. A small difference but apparently enough to cause a problem

Regardless of what your previous card was why can't they just issue another sodding card for each season? Is it really that costly? Couldn't a sponsor put there name & logo on the card to recoup some of the cost?

I don't disagree with reusing the old cards. Our bank cards are for several years and on the green side it saves more plastic being used (however small the amount.)

However it shouldn't be difficult (even with changes) to re-allocate a card to a new seat / ticket option, after all if you don't pay your membership renewal at Gwynnes your key stops working at the door, when you pay it it works again and that is much simpler tech with a much smaller operation.

Even if QR codes are programmed to mean an exact thing (person+seat+ticket option) it should be able to be re-assignedd like you can reassign any barcode to anything pretty simply. If it can't be reassigned that way like barcodes then its another case of new tech "being beat" by old tech (IMO.)

@StrangelyBrown The betamax option above is nonsensical. You could use that as in choosing not to have a video player or not. I don't choose to have a dumbphone over a smartphone. I would choose not to have a mobile at all but the wife insists it is necessary "for emergencies."

Betamax vs VHS is like saying Netflix vs Sky vs Prime vs Now or even all of them and I choose none of them. Or choosing dial up vs 10mb BB vs 300mb BB and I choose the 300mb. I could equally choose none of them. Those are choices.

The road to the smartphone being your only access to everything (which is quite possible looking at how things are going) removes that choice and forces people to spend their own money whether they like it or not to access things. Ther will be no choice.

No problem with using the same card as previous season(s) so I can understand not getting a new one, I don't think we need a new card every year just for the sake of it.

Maybe the change in membership issue was one the Club weren't aware of and assumed the cards would still work (I'd have thought the same tbh). Can't imagine there are too many who changed the type of membership?

No problem with using the same card as previous season(s) so I can understand not getting a new one, I don't think we need a new card every year just for the sake of it.

Maybe the change in membership issue was one the Club weren't aware of and assumed the cards would still work (I'd have thought the same tbh). Can't imagine there are too many who changed the type of membership?
I don’t know imagine there are a few who dropped the +
Also relevant if you moved seat.
But like someone reminds us we’re only a tiny proportion of Imps fans so the younger generation (not generally represented on here ) I’m sure didn’t have a problem.

I don't disagree with reusing the old cards. Our bank cards are for several years and on the green side it saves more plastic being used (however small the amount.)

However it shouldn't be difficult (even with changes) to re-allocate a card to a new seat / ticket option, after all if you don't pay your membership renewal at Gwynnes your key stops working at the door, when you pay it it works again and that is much simpler tech with a much smaller operation.

Even if QR codes are programmed to mean an exact thing (person+seat+ticket option) it should be able to be re-assignedd like you can reassign any barcode to anything pretty simply. If it can't be reassigned that way like barcodes then its another case of new tech "being beat" by old tech (IMO.)

@StrangelyBrown The betamax option above is nonsensical. You could use that as in choosing not to have a video player or not. I don't choose to have a dumbphone over a smartphone. I would choose not to have a mobile at all but the wife insists it is necessary "for emergencies."

Betamax vs VHS is like saying Netflix vs Sky vs Prime vs Now or even all of them and I choose none of them. Or choosing dial up vs 10mb BB vs 300mb BB and I choose the 300mb. I could equally choose none of them. Those are choices.

The road to the smartphone being your only access to everything (which is quite possible looking at how things are going) removes that choice and forces people to spend their own money whether they like it or not to access things. Ther will be no choice.

*Conspiracy theory alert.

I would not be surprised if (I categorically do not include the club in this) businesses in the wider sense, and government in particular are very keen to move towards a cash less system for purposes of customer service provision, savings, time efficiency, advertising, data collection algorithms, marketing, money laundering/taxation control etc.

From a business perspective companies have to make the decision whether it is financially viable or desirable to withdraw a service or choice of services from fans and make that call accordingly.

The club currently provide options for those wishing to utilise cards, cardless or a combination of both and hiccough aside this year still apparently see the benefits of maintaining duality.

I am sure they have an idea of how many people always use the physical card and that will provide them a reasonable insight into what the impact of removing that service would be.

Of course there is the human individual factor. Many years ago Yorkshire Bank withdrew the option of sending me a printed weekly bank statement; their choice. I still wanted one so I simply shut my bank account and moved it elsewhere, my choice.

I suspect if the option of a physical card for the Imps was withdrawn I would be more motivated to look into the smart phone option. Some others may be less motivated due to principle, costs involved of purchasing a phone/service or in some cases overwhelmed by the prospect of the technology.

Club Statement Today:

Following some supporters experiencing difficulties in gaining entry to LNER Stadium at the first home game of the season, please note the following reminder.

All digital season tickets were sent via email which is standard issue and should be added to each supporters’ phone wallet.

2021/22 physical season cards that were purchased by supporters before last season will still work providing:
- The supporter has renewed in the same seat
- The supporter has renewed in the same price category
- The supporter has renewed in the same membership category (i.e Gold+/Gold)

Supporters do not need a physical card to gain entry and may use the digital version where possible. If supporters would prefer a new physical season card, please contact the ticket office. These cards are available at a cost of £3 per card.

Please note, these will not be printed in the final 90 minutes before kick-off on matchdays. Imps fans can contact the ticket office in advance via the contact details below to help save time.

If a supporter had issues gaining entry at the Exeter fixture or they are unsure if any of the above applies to them, please contact the ticket office at your earliest convenience.

Thanks for your continued support. #ImpsAsOne

Email: tickets@theredimps.com
Telephone: 01522 458884
In person: Open Monday to Friday from 10am – 5pm

I would suggest they cost £3 as that is what is being charged! 6000 x £3 =18,000.

I would suggest they cost £3 as that is what is being charged! 6000 x £3 =18,000.

I very much doubt it, you very rarely sell anything at cost. What's more if you had to do 6000 I dare say the cost would drop, also they're meant to be providing a service which is suitable for all users.

I very much doubt it, you very rarely sell anything at cost. What's more if you had to do 6000 I dare say the cost would drop, also they're meant to be providing a service which is suitable for all users.
I ordered a replacement card.

I was asking the club to provide a service which is not necessary to used my season ticket. I could use my phone.

The cost of a piece of plastic I have no idea of - I am sure the company supplying them to Lincoln, does it for nothing and gets a sponsor to cover their costs!

However, I had an email answered, a phone call to organise payment and a card sent to my address. The card appeared in less than 24 hours.

If the ticket office staff spent 10 minutes doing that and they are paid £12 an hour that is £2 in wage costs. Without taking into account the costs of the card and other incidentals.

Having said all that - if it were done by volunteers and cost the club nothing. I would still be happy to pay £3 for the excellent service I received.

I've been away so couldn't get to the office this week.

I'll give my card a go again because non of my details have changed from last season (to my knowledge).

If it doesn't work I'll try another turnstile, if that doesn't work I'll use my phone.

If that doesn't work I'm afraid I'll have to kick off.😀

I ordered a replacement card.

I was asking the club to provide a service which is not necessary to used my season ticket. I could use my phone.

The cost of a piece of plastic I have no idea of - I am sure the company supplying them to Lincoln, does it for nothing and gets a sponsor to cover their costs!

However, I had an email answered, a phone call to organise payment and a card sent to my address. The card appeared in less than 24 hours.

If the ticket office staff spent 10 minutes doing that and they are paid £12 an hour that is £2 in wage costs. Without taking into account the costs of the card and other incidentals.

Having said all that - if it were done by volunteers and cost the club nothing. I would still be happy to pay £3 for the excellent service I received.

I would of thought all the office staffs wages are factored into the seaon membership and paid for long before you ask for a card. If 6000 were to be mass produced I'm sure it would not take anything like the same admin time anyway. I use my phone and did last season even though I was sent a card. Thing is not everyone has a phone and should be catered for at no extra cost.

For the record I have no problem whatsoever with any of the service I've been given by Lincoln City FC, in fact like you I'm delighted with it.

I would of thought all the office staffs wages are factored into the seaon membership and paid for long before you ask for a card. If 6000 were to be mass produced I'm sure it would not take anything like the same admin time anyway. I use my phone and did last season even though I was sent a card. Thing is not everyone has a phone and should be catered for at no extra cost.

For the record I have no problem whatsoever with any of the service I've been given by Lincoln City FC, in fact like you I'm delighted with it.
Why would you expect the cost of a card to be factored into the season membership?

That would mean people who don't want one would be paying for your card.

But then essentially that is what you want. A free lunch or in this case plastic season ticket.

Agree about the service.

Why would you expect the cost of a card to be factored into the season membership?

That would mean people who don't want one would be paying for your card.

But then essentially that is what you want. A free lunch or in this case plastic season ticket.

Agree about the service.

The cost of a ST card is part of the cost build up and so price.