Season Memberships | Page 9 | Vital Football

Season Memberships

Same here. I didn't realise that my membership had changed. But was a gold+ co ncession65 but now just gold concession65. The lad on the turnstile was brilliant realising that I had renewed my ticket once he saw email on my phone and let me in.
I emailed ticket office and they explained that I could call, in and get a new ticket for 3 quid. I will collect a ticket because I am struggling to download digital ticket. Plus don't always bring my mobile never get any signal in and around ground.
It was badly publicised by the club to be fair and needs sorting before next home match.
I will pay my 3 quid it is next to nothing really and I presume covers club expenses.
But Iam a bit miffed on principle that having renewed my season ticket in good faith and to be told I can continue using the old ticket I have to pay extra.
As other have said i won't hassle the ticket office staff it is not their fault.

Another thing that pisses me off not just on this ticket issue but in society in general is the assumption that everybody as state of the art mobiles and that they all know how to use them. It makes no allowances for the elderly who struggle with this or people with cheap mobiles. I know this only affects a small amount of people but it is almost like they don't count or matter.
I am not elderly but I dont want an effing smart phone !

Lol, I'm only pleased my card DID work on Saturday as reading this thread today is the first knowledge I had of it not potentially working when I rocked up at five minutes to three.

Smart phones, no thanks I have kids for all my technology needs - I've got to get some return on all my investment I've put into them for the past decades :LOL:

I am, call me a tight git but my ST cost me enough already, the card came with it last season. Doesn't effect me though because I use my phone so I'll not moan.

EDIT: hang on I just have moaned :loser:
It was extra charge last season as well

Lol, I'm only pleased my card DID work on Saturday as reading this thread today is the first knowledge I had of it not potentially working when I rocked up at five minutes to three.

Smart phones, no thanks I have kids for all my technology needs - I've got to get some return on all my investment I've put into them for the past decades :LOL:
Exactly !!

Society in general is being marginalised.
It's now finding it's way into football and I for one do not like an element of people young or old feeling like they cant move with the times.
I know we are probably talking about the minority of people, but in my experience it's still a large amount of people who struggle to keep up with the changing times.

I absolutely hate all this constant change and people ( usually the older ones me included) struggling to adapt and be expected to keep up even if the dont have the right equipment or knowledge to do so.

Now let me get back in my cave and return to my friends in the dark ages.

P s
There is a serious message in there
Not everybody can keep up

It's now finding it's way into football and I for one do not like an element of people young or old feeling like they cant move with the times.
I know we are probably talking about the minority of people, but in my experience it's still a large amount of people who struggle to keep up with the changing times.

I absolutely hate all this constant change and people ( usually the older ones me included) struggling to adapt and be expected to keep up even if the dont have the right equipment or knowledge to do so.

P s
Society want's everyone to feel included, but the advance of technology is leaving those who either are not able to keep up due to age, lack of money etc to feel like 2nd class citizens. I appreciate that technology is driving change at an alarming rate, but companies need to recognise that not everyone is able to keep up

P s

I think "struggling to adapt" or as above "not able to keep up" is not right. Reading he above posters, they (like me) choose not to have a smartphone. I can use one, have no trouble with using the stuff on them but I don;t want nor need one, NOR should be forced to own or use one.

It isn't about people refusing to "get with the times." It is a choice. Why should I pay a mobile bill for a smartphone? The sim only deal on my old dumbphone (ring and text only) is more than I need already. A phone I normally forget to take with me to the game anyway. I only have a phone because the wife insists. It rings a few times a month!!

People need to stop thinking this is a struggle for "older people" or technophobes and understand that not everbody needs their whole life to be controlled by tech. That does not mean they can't use it. I have written several websites, have built databases in access and VB in the past (20 years ago now) and have mesh wi-fi in the home because I do a lot online, but that is the the point. I do it at home.

Club should have thought abought this and a physical card should either work from the get go or a new one issued before the start of the season unless opted out. I'm not on twitter, hardly open facebook. Club needs to wake up (as does most of the world) that not everybody wants or needs a smartphone.

P s

Here you go, just for you...

I don’t know why they don’t issue a paper booklet for those people who don’t want to carry a card in their wallet

I think "struggling to adapt" or as above "not able to keep up" is not right. Reading he above posters, they (like me) choose not to have a smartphone. I can use one, have no trouble with using the stuff on them but I don;t want nor need one, NOR should be forced to own or use one.

It isn't about people refusing to "get with the times." It is a choice. Why should I pay a mobile bill for a smartphone? The sim only deal on my old dumbphone (ring and text only) is more than I need already. A phone I normally forget to take with me to the game anyway. I only have a phone because the wife insists. It rings a few times a month!!

People need to stop thinking this is a struggle for "older people" or technophobes and understand that not everbody needs their whole life to be controlled by tech. That does not mean they can't use it. I have written several websites, have built databases in access and VB in the past (20 years ago now) and have mesh wi-fi in the home because I do a lot online, but that is the the point. I do it at home.

Club should have thought abought this and a physical card should either work from the get go or a new one issued before the start of the season unless opted out. I'm not on twitter, hardly open facebook. Club needs to wake up (as does most of the world) that not everybody wants or needs a smartphone.
Having had three phones stolen in three years, I'm done with mobiles. It's difficult to appreciate how this makes life problematic at times. Likewise with bank/credit cards. It's only when they are stolen that you see the wisdom of cash.

I'd suggest you have the unequivocal right not to have a smartphone but that decision carries a consequence. Just like sticking with Betamax in the 80s

Physical cards do work- I've got one and use it. (I've got the e version as well if i ever need it).

Sorry if I've missed this but what's the craic with the physical cards.

Do we need to take them in to the office for reprogramming or do they do it remotely?

Whether you have a smartphone or not, whether you want to engage with tech or not the problem existed with the physical cards. If there was no smartphone app and no "tech" backing it up then the physical card would still have presented a problem for those people unable to get into the ground. The only reason some people were able to get into the ground was because they had the smartphone app. In this case tech actually helped those who had it but it in no way contributed to the problem and is not "the cause" of the problem (it was, for some people, the solution though)

You know considering we pay over £350 for a season ticket, you'd think they'd give us a plastic entry card ffs, it's not costing the king's ransom, we could collect it from the ticket office on or before the first game, just like we have for years. Is it because they've been used fraudulently? Feel free to jump on my back everyone I'm used to it, skin like a rhino these days.

It was only a problem with physical cards if you changed your type of season ticket . As I have said before mine was a gold+concession65+ my new membership is a gold concession65+. Same seat but apparently that is why it wasn't accepted at turnstile. I am going into ticket office tomorrow to get a new card.