Samba | Page 2 | Vital Football

Samba

This is just the start of living in the Premier league. Samba is ( not yet but will be) a player in the top league in the world and wants more money. He obviously thinks that his perceived popularity with the fans will get it for him.

If it’s true that we were in for pope ( he wouldn’t be coming to sit on the bench ) plus the fact samba hasn’t been offered a deal he thinks reflects his worth, then obviously he’s going to be pissed off.

if it wasn’t for Samba we would be looking forward to playing Luton again next season. He saved THREE penalties in the shootout, when is the last time anyone did that ? He got us to that final, I can’t believe Cooper is looking to replace him. Gutting if this is true.

I’d rather have Kelleher than Pope. That young lad is top drawer and only going to get better and better

if it wasn’t for Samba we would be looking forward to playing Luton again next season. He saved THREE penalties in the shootout, when is the last time anyone did that ? He got us to that final, I can’t believe Cooper is looking to replace him. Gutting if this is true.

Saving the 3 pens has obviously had a massive impact on us getting to where we are but his overall game isn't great at times and moments of madness cost dearly in the Prem.

Saving the 3 pens has obviously had a massive impact on us getting to where we are but his overall game isn't great at times and moments of madness cost dearly in the Prem.

He’s had two moments of stupidity since he got here .
how many great saves has he made ? The impact he’s had on the team in general? The three pens ? Far outweighs any of the bad stuff IMO.

Pretty thin skinned if so. It’s only really paper talk and clubs buy players all the time. Did he pitch a fit when Horvath signed?
Most likely it’s an agent trick to provoke the fans into backing him as a negotiating technique though? I personally see Pope as a sideways step so I can understand if Samba wants some reassurance over top dog billing before signing a new contract.

Most likely it’s an agent trick to provoke the fans into backing him as a negotiating technique though? I personally see Pope as a sideways step so I can understand if Samba wants some reassurance over top dog billing before signing a new contract.

Pretty sure his brother is his agent

Samba DESERVES respect and a proper improved deal. No samba, no promotion. It’s that simple. Integral doesn’t even begin to describe the part he played for us.

towards the end of the season teams just ensured crosses, free kicks and corners
Went in to the 6 yard box knowing Samba would misjudge a third leading to a chance. He relied heavily on our three central defenders or Yates getting a head on it and also Surrige, z Davis or Spence off the line. Teams had sorted him out. Rain crosses on his head and at some stage he becomes a cropper. Forest are obviously making enquiries thus the Pope rumour but we have to do something as premiership teams will play on defensive weaknesses. We need a new keeper.

This is just the start of living in the Premier league. Samba is ( not yet but will be) a player in the top league in the world and wants more money. He obviously thinks that his perceived popularity with the fans will get it for him.
There is precedent from Forest goalkeepers doing this, and trying to involve the fans. I was at QPR away when Mark Crossley wore a T- shirt in the warm- up all about his new contract. It did not work.......