Samba | Page 3 | Vital Football

Samba

Remember when Pearce wanted a new contract.
We got relegated and archie gemmill said to clough "there Is one man that left you down " nodding at psycho

all we actually know, perhaps we dont even know, is that he turned down the initial contract offer. I think conjecture is just conjecture as to why, despite certain quotes.

Personally I dont really care either way, so long as we have a solid keeper then im pretty content, in fact I wouldnt be dismayed if horvath was the number one.
Bit ott from some suggesting we wouldnt have been promoted without him, he was/is just a cog in the wheel at the end of the day.
At the same time i dont have an issue with the keeper being paid the same as the striker. Pay them all the same in my book with clean sheet n goal bonuses etc

Sam Johnstone is available on a free from WBA also
I pressed "like" on this, although looking at his history, despite breaking into the England team, he has played most of his career in the Championship, having been loaned out by Manchester United to various Championship teams before signing for WBA, eventually playing in their promotion winning team before they were then relegated.
So Pope would be a better bet, but not at £40M or whatever has been quoted. And Butland is apparently likely to leave Crystal Palace, where he is, apparently, a good character in the dressing- room.

If it’s true that we were in for pope ( he wouldn’t be coming to sit on the bench ) plus the fact samba hasn’t been offered a deal he thinks reflects his worth, then obviously he’s going to be pissed off.

if it wasn’t for Samba we would be looking forward to playing Luton again next season. He saved THREE penalties in the shootout, when is the last time anyone did that ? He got us to that final, I can’t believe Cooper is looking to replace him. Gutting if this is true.

You could say he also cost us autos

towards the end of the season teams just ensured crosses, free kicks and corners
Went in to the 6 yard box knowing Samba would misjudge a third leading to a chance. He relied heavily on our three central defenders or Yates getting a head on it and also Surrige, z Davis or Spence off the line. Teams had sorted him out. Rain crosses on his head and at some stage he becomes a cropper. Forest are obviously making enquiries thus the Pope rumour but we have to do something as premiership teams will play on defensive weaknesses. We need a new keeper.

THIS +1

If he wasn't on his way already I reckon he will be now, yes he made some important saves, others made some important blocks and tackles, while others scored important goals.

Coopers talked about behaviours a number of times this season, is this a good behaviour? Does this show respect to the team, to what we're trying to achieve?

I'm thankful for what he's helped us achieve but in any work place this behaviour never ends with positive results, we need people fighting for the team, not themselves.

You could say he also cost us autos

You mean when our defence stood by and watched Moore tap in from the free kick at Bournemouth? Or when he got sent off against Stoke? We drew that game - we drew plenty of other games with 11 men on the pitch too !
Huddersfield at home , and Luton home and away prob cost us the autos.

There was alot of ifs and buts throughout this season.
We got there in the end, for which I am ever grateful
As Marinakis said, now is the time to write some new history.
If a player isn't happy and wants to rock the boat, I don't want them here spoiling it.
We've had it too many times in the past.

towards the end of the season teams just ensured crosses, free kicks and corners
Went in to the 6 yard box knowing Samba would misjudge a third leading to a chance. He relied heavily on our three central defenders or Yates getting a head on it and also Surrige, z Davis or Spence off the line. Teams had sorted him out. Rain crosses on his head and at some stage he becomes a cropper. Forest are obviously making enquiries thus the Pope rumour but we have to do something as premiership teams will play on defensive weaknesses. We need a new keeper.

Brutal but yea, its a risk imo. He does deserve respect tho. I would like to see him stay and fight for his place.