The Summer Transfer Thread 2022 | Page 74 | Vital Football

The Summer Transfer Thread 2022

Article from John Percy on our likely targets this summer.

Phillips sounds like first choice for DM, 30m if leeds go down but double that if they stay up. Bissouma and Kamara are also options.

At CB Gerrard wants Joe Gomez but it looks like he's going to be signing a new deal with Liverpool. Caleta-Car of Marseille and Tarkowski seem like the next most likely targets in that position. Apparently we're interested in this Bassey lad from Rangers as back up to Digne as well.

Apparently a striker is wanted as well but no names mentioned.

As for outgoings Trez, AEG, Traore. Sanson and Hause will be made available this summer. Any talk of Mcginn or Watkins going is dismissed (from our side at least) as Gerrard sees them as key parts of the squad.

The only doubt we apparently have is over Chukwuemeka who still hasn't signed a new deal.

The original article is behind a pay wall I think but this lads summarised it on this thread on twitter for those who have it.

Can't say I've ever even seen him play as I don't watch French football.

Is he better than Jean Makoun?

Hard to say as whenever I saw Makoun he looked good before he joined us, this would have been champions league games with Lyon as well.

Marseille are, for various reasons, probably the closest thing I have to a second team so I've seen this lad a few times as I try to catch their games whenever they're on BT or wherever. He's always impressed me. Been in and around the first team since he was 17 and a first choice for the last 4 seasons. Started as a CB but AVB moved him into midfield a couple of years ago. I read an article on him around that time that I'll link if I find it where they were saying AVB thought he was defensively fine but his passing and quality on the ball needed improvement so he pushed him forward to force him to get better before eventually moving him back. AVB got ghe boot before he could move him back and Kamara did so well as a DM that he stayed there. Though he did apparently play as a CB in a back 3 for Marseille last night.

If this is true its a genuine coup for ghe club as there were some very big clubs after this lad.

Hard to say as whenever I saw Makoun he looked good before he joined us, this would have been champions league games with Lyon as well.

Marseille are, for various reasons, probably the closest thing I have to a second team so I've seen this lad a few times as I try to catch their games whenever they're on BT or wherever. He's always impressed me. Been in and around the first team since he was 17 and a first choice for the last 4 seasons. Started as a CB but AVB moved him into midfield a couple of years ago. I read an article on him around that time that I'll link if I find it where they were saying AVB thought he was defensively fine but his passing and quality on the ball needed improvement so he pushed him forward to force him to get better before eventually moving him back. AVB got ghe boot before he could move him back and Kamara did so well as a DM that he stayed there. Though he did apparently play as a CB in a back 3 for Marseille last night.

If this is true its a genuine coup for ghe club as there were some very big clubs after this lad.
Deschamps thinks highly of him too, he’s in the recently announced French squad. Hardly surprising, he’s been outstanding all season and one of the main reasons Marseille finished 2nd in Ligue 1 and achieved CL qualification.
I watched him play CB last night and he looked completely at home and as outstanding as ever.
I so hope this report is true.