The Keinan Davis Thread | Page 43 | Vital Football

The Keinan Davis Thread

He's made 87 appearance ls for us and scored 7 goals. Of course probably half og those appearances were 10 minutes or less from the bench but still bad from a striker. He'll never be a premier league player but a good loan spell in the championship and I'd bet we'd get at least 5m or more for him in the summer.

23 starts in 6 years including 5 starts in the PL in 3 seasons 87 appearances is a bit very misleading. Never fit is he so may as well go on loan and try and stay fit .
It's worked for Mings who was another sick note until he joined us

23 starts in 6 years including 5 starts in the PL in 3 seasons 87 appearances is a bit very misleading. Never fit is he so may as well go on loan and try and stay fit .
It's worked for Mings who was another sick note until he joined us

Didn't Mings just have 1 really bad injury that kept him out for ages though. Davis just seems to pick up a series of minor knocks that keep him out consistently.

I'd honestly love for him to stay fit and do well even if its not for us. The lad deserves some luck.

Didn't Mings just have 1 really bad injury that kept him out for ages though. Davis just seems to pick up a series of minor knocks that keep him out consistently.

I'd honestly love for him to stay fit and do well even if its not for us. The lad deserves some luck.

Mings had knee problems, 17 appearances in 4 years at Bournemouth then we signed him on loan to much moaning at the time by all of us

Thank fcuk for that. Getting embarrassing for him. He just isn’t good enough and was never going to make it with us.

I fully expect that is him done with us now. Thanks for the ..errr.. memory?.
Oh yes thats it - Barnsley away.

1- As said he isn’t good enough for us.
2- Doesn‘t matter what league he is in he will still get injured and not get his mythical run of games to turn him into Lukaku as some seem to think.
3- Doesn’t matter what league he is in the goals are the same dimensions and he just isn’t a goal scorer.

Well this is a massively overdue loan move it has to be said. He's 24 in Feb for FFS.

Regardless of what he does I firmly believe the ship has sailed on his top flight career. This player IMO has been mismanaged.

The cynic in me thinks though that it’s been a smart move for him financially signing that big contract, after he signed from non league footy scoring barely a handful of goals (I can only remember PNE away) whilst spending more time on the physio table than even the bench.

Obviously I don’t know how much money he is on but google reckons around £2m per year. If that does happen to be his wage, I think he’d do very well to get a long contract again on £30-40k per week even in the championship with his injury record. He’s one of the most injury prone players I’ve ever seen, it’s could be something genetically that just won’t heal for the poor lad.

The cynic in me thinks though that it’s been a smart move for him financially signing that big contract, after he signed from non league footy scoring barely a handful of goals (I can only remember PNE away) whilst spending more time on the physio table than even the bench.

Obviously I don’t know how much money he is on but google reckons around £2m per year. If that does happen to be his wage, I think he’d do very well to get a long contract again on £30-40k per week even in the championship with his injury record. He’s one of the most injury prone players I’ve ever seen, it’s could be something genetically that just won’t heal for the poor lad.

Barnsley away, Burton away in the championship. Wycombe away in the FA cup. Crewe away and Burton away in the league cup. West Brom at home in the Premier league, poor sods only goal at Villa Park came in an empty stadium. He's apparently scored in EFL trophy as well this season so he's on a good run of scoring form, for him anyway.

Good luck to him. He has some good attributes, his strength, power, decent pace, decent with the ball, but in the PL you need a killer goalscoring instinct and I don't think he has that in him. I think he could be a decent championship centre forward, if he stays fit that is.

As ridiculous as that idea sounds, Joelinton has been transformed from the Brazilian Keinan Davis into a half decent box to box midfielder. I definitely never saw that one happening o_O

Joelinton had never been used as a centre forward before anyway. He was always a wide forward or played behind the main striker. I think be basically turned up, Brucey saw he was a big bloke and decided to play to him as if he was Shearer.

Joelinton had never been used as a centre forward before anyway. He was always a wide forward or played behind the main striker. I think be basically turned up, Brucey saw he was a big bloke and decided to play to him as if he was Shearer.

That would probably explain why he had a poor scoring record in Germany as well then

Yep, proof if there ever was that he just threw a team together and hoped for the best. He was brilliant against United.

Keinan defnitely is nowhere near old Joe but he has ability on the ball he just cant score.