The Keinan Davis Thread | Page 41 | Vital Football

The Keinan Davis Thread

Heskey had a long and successful career. 22 years, retiring when he was 38. Top pro. His worst years by far were with us; wrong player.

Strikes me Keinan's reactions are too slow for the PL; a poacher he is not. When he's got the ball he usually does something with it. Except score.

The comment is my opinion based on things I've seen.
He attracts the ball and nine out of ten times it sticks, which admittedly he is unable to take advantage of in the box but, especially playing DM he would have a lot more time to disperse the ball accurately.
Playing centre back he probably wouldn't have the same amount of time but, then being a centre back calls for a whole different set tactics.
What I find frustrating is the number of people who will not open their closed minds and even think of such possibilities.
I cannot understand the willingness of supposed fans who rush to hate a player wearing the claret 'n' blue.

So if the years of experience and knowledge that Smith has doesn’t lead him to play Donkey Davis at CB he has a closed mind then.

What is your qualification to state you are right in your analysis and everyone at AVFC since 2016 or in the England u20 set up that has coached or managed Davis as a forward are wrong and they should be converting him to CB.

As one of Davis' biggest advocates its over for him. The best we can hope for is 5MM from a Championship side. I'd like him to go off and do well. I personally think he had a huge hand in us staying up. We brought him on at the end of games to help the ball stick up front and he did just that.

Football is a rough oul game and there is no room for sentiment he has no place at the club now. With Watkins and Ings and a group of young CFs coming through its over for him.

I think Smith also see's a player who could be useful at times but if he is going to continue with injuries we just have to cut him loose. There is no place in a squad for a player who can't stay fit if they dont offer magic and starpower (even though I believe our medical and physio staff have to share some blame).

I definitely think its time for him to move on. More for himself than anything else. Smith obviously sees something in him and likes having a big, bustling striker to come off the bench. But for the man himself he's not doing himself any good. I think he's definitely good enough to be a number 1 striker at a decent level but probably not the level we're at currently.