Lockdown 4 - Potential effect on Latics | Page 11 | Vital Football

Lockdown 4 - Potential effect on Latics

• Thread starter removed at members request
  • Start date
By the way, for those labouring under the (Johnson instigated) incorrect assumption that the UK is leading the way in the EU in terms of % of population who are fully vaxed, here's a 3rd source showing that to be poppycock.

Happy to see a source that backs up the PM's position though.

View attachment 54329

I understand the point you are making with the chart you are showing but once again it is skewed due to population density.

Portugal for instance has a population of around 10 million, 1 million of which have not been vaccinated. Far less people to get jabbed compared to the 65 million in the UK and NI. The population density of Portugal is only 110 people per sq. kilometre as opposed to the UK at 280. It would be fairer to compare Germany, who have a slightly less population density, but higher overall population to the UK at 240/sq.km. and show a similar percentage vaccinated.

In my opinion we are comparable to any country in the world with a similar sized population and population density and the comparisons being made are unfairly biased by not making direct comparisons to similar sized and populated countries.

I think by comparing a country with a population of 10 million to a country of 65 million the country with the smaller population will always have the edge.

I also think the figures you are using are incorrect as the official UK figures show that 89.6% have received their first dose, 81.9% have been double dosed and 52% have received their booster a total of 128.5 million doses administered.

Portugal by comparison have administered 18.8 million doses. ( COVID-19 Vaccination Tracker: Daily Rates, Statistics & Updates (pharmaceutical-technology.com)

If you use the official figures against the chart you have posted the UK is significantly higher.

For the benefit of balance and to back up your poppycock claim, please also include a graph for fully vaccinated with booster.

Sid, mate, please feel free to go and search out the exact spec of graph you're after. I simply searched "fully vaxed". I have to admit that I didn't seek out whether or not there are separate charts to indicate booster shots, but be my guest.

I understand the point you are making with the chart you are showing but once again it is skewed due to population density.

Portugal for instance has a population of around 10 million, 1 million of which have not been vaccinated. Far less people to get jabbed compared to the 65 million in the UK and NI. The population density of Portugal is only 110 people per sq. kilometre as opposed to the UK at 280. It would be fairer to compare Germany, who have a slightly less population density, but higher overall population to the UK at 240/sq.km. and show a similar percentage vaccinated.

In my opinion we are comparable to any country in the world with a similar sized population and population density and the comparisons being made are unfairly biased by not making direct comparisons to similar sized and populated countries.

I think by comparing a country with a population of 10 million to a country of 65 million the country with the smaller population will always have the edge.

I also think the figures you are using are incorrect as the official UK figures show that 89.6% have received their first dose, 81.9% have been double dosed and 52% have received their booster a total of 128.5 million doses administered.

Portugal by comparison have administered 18.8 million doses. ( COVID-19 Vaccination Tracker: Daily Rates, Statistics & Updates (pharmaceutical-technology.com)

If you use the official figures against the chart you have posted the UK is significantly higher.

As I said before TB, I do take your point re population density ........ though I can't find anything which offers that distinction.

However, neither the PM nor any of his cabinet ever mentions density in any statement they come out with.

Also, you rightly and fairly use the word "comparable" ...... the PM insists we're leading the world (or at least, Europe).

I haven't sought to compare us with any other specific country, but simply put into context the claims of the PM. We're doing OK, but nowhere near as good as he would have us believe.

As for the figures in the links I've offered, as I said to Sid, I'm not sure if they're including the booster in the definition of "fully vaxed" or not, which may explain any discrepancy to the figure you quote ........ but mine have hardly been from dodgy sources, .....a) used by the Beeb, b) the WHO, and c) Our World in Data, used by organisations all over the world.

By the way Sid, given the PM's claims, it might be helpful if the Gov website also showed the data to justify them ......... but as far as I can see, they only show UK nos.

As I said before TB, I do take your point re population density ........ though I can't find anything which offers that distinction.

However, neither the PM nor any of his cabinet ever mentions density in any statement they come out with.

Also, you rightly and fairly use the word "comparable" ...... the PM insists we're leading the world (or at least, Europe).

I haven't sought to compare us with any other specific country, but simply put into context the claims of the PM. We're doing OK, but nowhere near as good as he would have us believe.

As for the figures in the links I've offered, as I said to Sid, I'm not sure if they're including the booster in the definition of "fully vaxed" or not, which may explain any discrepancy to the figure you quote ........ but mine have hardly been from dodgy sources, .....a) used by the Beeb, b) the WHO, and c) Our World in Data, used by organisations all over the world.

TBH mate I have never heard him claim that we have the highest percentage rate, only that we have vaccinated more people than other European countries, which from the information I have seen on the website I quoted is not far from the truth. I think only China and the USA have given many more jabs than we have and I believe we have given the highest number of jabs in Europe.

I have tried to post a link to the site I sourced this info from but have been unsuccessful however you can google it from here:

COVID-19 Vaccination Tracker: Daily Rates, Statistics & Updates (pharmaceutical-technology.com)

You’re posting unsubstantiated shit in the midst of a pandemic where wearing a mask is such a simple and easy thing to do to limit the spread of it. How someone can get so triggered by the request to wear one I’ve no idea. There are stories daily of unvaccinated people dying in hospital who are unvaccinated because of what they saw on social media. We even have selfish morons now booking vaccination appointments to prevent those who actually want them being able to get them. You need to consider careful what crap you are posting and basically stop because it is not reflecting well on you at all.
I am posting what I believe if you don't like it or it doesn't fit your own view tough shit.
It's not me being triggered btw - you need to reign in your outrage and personal insults - It's not reflecting well on you 😁

You’re posting unsubstantiated shit in the midst of a pandemic where wearing a mask is such a simple and easy thing to do to limit the spread of it. How someone can get so triggered by the request to wear one I’ve no idea. There are stories daily of unvaccinated people dying in hospital who are unvaccinated because of what they saw on social media. We even have selfish morons now booking vaccination appointments to prevent those who actually want them being able to get them. You need to consider careful what crap you are posting and basically stop because it is not reflecting well on you at all.
Also where exactly have I stated I don't wear a mask, have not been vaccinated ?
My argument in all of this was I respect the rights of those who choose not to.
If you'd bother to digest content rather than angrily knee jerk you would maybe have picked that up ? 😁

There are stories daily of unvaccinated people dying in hospital who are unvaccinated because of what they saw on social media.
There are also stories of fully vaccinated people dying in hospital who are vaccinated but to no benefit - go figure 🤔

I bet Hampton views it as libertarianism

Libertarianism. A word used to make selfishness sound philosophical
Hampton views it as freedom to choose and will stand by that principle.
sure you will applaud the set up of internment camps similar to Australia when they get round to it ?
Slippery slope and the I'm alright Jack it doesn't affect me approach is employed (until of course the time when you find yourself on the wrong side of the next imposition) that for me is the selfish position.

Last edited:
Just read the article.....absolute arseholes.

Hampton...was wondering if your condoning this action???..
Of course not - why would I ?
Again, for all the angry ones - Freedom to choose for the individual is my position.
This is the other side of the mandatory vaccinations/covid passports coin.
I condem both - some it would seem only condem one of these actions - so on that basis the advocates of mandatory vaccination are as bad as the jab slot blockers IMO

Mrs DATM and I are disgusted with their hostile environment policy as regards immigration.
The policy that allows them to illegally come to our country and stay pretty much indefinitely- that policy ?
The policy that prioritises the welfare of illegals over homeless UK citizens and traumatised ex servicemen / women - that policy ?

TBH mate I have never heard him claim that we have the highest percentage rate, only that we have vaccinated more people than other European countries, which from the information I have seen on the website I quoted is not far from the truth. I think only China and the USA have given many more jabs than we have and I believe we have given the highest number of jabs in Europe.

I have tried to post a link to the site I sourced this info from but have been unsuccessful however you can google it from here:

COVID-19 Vaccination Tracker: Daily Rates, Statistics & Updates (pharmaceutical-technology.com)

His claim is wrong ........ look at the WHO data on one of the previous links I posted. I presume that all countries feed their own data into the WHO, so that would presumably be the best source for comparisons.

They also show the data table ....... so I downloaded it, hid a few columns etc, and came up with this easy comparison just for major EU countries.

Germany have more vaccinations than us (understandable given their population).

As I say, we're doing well, but not the leader in anything.

(Definitions are also on the link)

1640191341477.png

There are also stories of fully vaccinated people dying in hospital who are vaccinated but to no benefit - go figure 🤔
Come on mate. You know the real situation .... a vax doesn't prevent serious illness or death, but it does massively reduce the likelihood.

The rate of people currently dying is far far higher amongst the unvaxed than the fully vaxed.

By the way, for those labouring under the (Johnson instigated) incorrect assumption that the UK is leading the way in the EU in terms of % of population who are fully vaxed, here's a 3rd source showing that to be poppycock.

Happy to see a source that backs up the PM's position though.

View attachment 54329
Lies, damm lies and statistics.
This table includes jabs in countries where babies in arms and infants are also being jabbed whereas in UK they're not (yet) and take up of jabs for 12-17 have been much lower than expected.
A more useful measure would be as % of adult population

Lies, damm lies and statistics.
This table includes jabs in countries where babies in arms and infants are also being jabbed whereas in UK they're not (yet) and take up of jabs for 12-17 have been much lower than expected.
A more useful measure would be as % of adult population

Mate, I've shown the WHO stats elsewhere ...... that was just a simple, easy to understand chart that was in line with those stats. .

Again, I was doing it for a purpose ......... but if the WHO numbers aren't right, then no-one's are.