Aston Villa v Leicester City - Match Thread - Sunday 5th December | Page 33 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Leicester City - Match Thread - Sunday 5th December

I've watched the whole match back just and one thing the TV doesn't show is Konsa and Douglas Luiz almost coming to blows first half over the Leicester chance that Konsa blocked. They were really going at each other, they'd sorted it out by the time Konsa got his second.

I LOVED that response from Gerrard today when asked "Liverpool up next, any sentimental thoughts in your head? " ..... "no, none at all"

I never really 'got' the club hype for Gerrard and Terry when they were at pool and Chelsea, sure i thought they were great players but they were theirs.... but they won me over when they had the villa Crest on their chest.

I LOVED that response from Gerrard today when asked "Liverpool up next, any sentimental thoughts in your head? " ..... "no, none at all"

I never really 'got' the club hype for Gerrard and Terry when they were at pool and Chelsea, sure i thought they were great players but they were theirs.... but they won me over when they had the villa Crest on their chest.
He will do everything to beat his beloved Liverpool, he was a winner as a player and i dont think anything has changed since he's been a manager.

I thought Chucky did well when he came on, lovely moment where he glided past that prick Maddison who had to hack him down and won us some precious seconds

He needs a rocket up his arse to get moving though. Not sure I’ve seen a lazier youngster, usually at that age they’re raring to go and want to chase everything down. Maybe it shows he’s more composed but he has a long way to go before he’s good enough to get away with that style

Loved the comments on Match of the Day re the disallowed goal “we’ve asked the premier league and PGMOL and they haven’t been able to explain it” - good on them for calling out their nonsense

Think the rules are ambiguous:
A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball with the hand(s) when:

the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface
(e.g. ground, own body) or by touching it with any part of the hands
or arms, except if the ball rebounds from the goalkeeper or the goalkeeper
has made a save

What does the last bit mean?

Think the rules are ambiguous:
A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball with the hand(s) when:

the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface
(e.g. ground, own body) or by touching it with any part of the hands
or arms, except if the ball rebounds from the goalkeeper or the goalkeeper
has made a save

What does the last bit mean?

It means if a keeper makes a one handed save he's in control. It doesn't mean if a keeper spills a ball on a rebound and then has one hand on it, he's in control.

He needs a rocket up his arse to get moving though. Not sure I’ve seen a lazier youngster, usually at that age they’re raring to go and want to chase everything down. Maybe it shows he’s more composed but he has a long way to go before he’s good enough to get away with that style
Some of it is just his style , he has a slightly strange gait

Let’s face it, the rules were changed last year with Man City’s offside goal after our game, they are most likely to be changing this too as that wording is clearly written by someone who has no clue how the game works.

Interesting comments from Gerrard after the game about some players either not buying into it or not up to it yet. He’s clearly demanding and has high standards. And Ramsay saying the training is more intense and the standard higher. WTF were they doing before!??
Yep I thought those comments were interesting. His way or the highway. I expect a few out the door in Jan.

Aside from Emi1 and probably Konsa. Emi2 has the highest ceiling for ability and improvement. His close control in tight spaces surrounded by 2 or 3 players is as good as YKW. His vision for passes and work rate is also sky high.

He just needs some time and his teammates do too.