The Christmas 2021 Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

The Christmas 2021 Thread

I used to love Christmas as a kid. As a teenager and young adult, I felt like a hostage to my mother's Christmas traditions. It was all very boring and lots of playing along for the sake of it.

Even when I moved away and it was just me and the mrs, Christmas didn't seem to have much point.

Once we had kids, everything changed, including Christmas. I enjoy it now. The mrs always puts on a big show and the kids get super excited for it.

I guess that's the point really, isn't it? It's a holiday for kids.

Tree went up yesterday. Didn't have time to decorate it or put up any other decorations so that'll be tonight's job.

Apparently I have to get the tree and all the other decorations out of the loft tonight as Miss SD is staying over tomorrow and is helping her Mom put it all up !!!

I will be out tomorrow evening.

The tree went to the council tip years ago. I do put the xmas cards up, people have spent good money on them and then took the time to send them.

We don't have a full blown tree anymore. We have a small ready decorated table top one that sits on the side of the side table where I sit in the lounge.

We decorate the fire place in snow scenes and Christmas ornament for the Christmas feel and attach lights to it

Apparently I have to get the tree and all the other decorations out of the loft tonight as Miss SD is staying over tomorrow and is helping her Mom put it all up !!!

I will be out tomorrow evening.
Getting the tree out of the loft and decorating it is always my job.
However I have just been informed that as the new puppy will almost certainly swing on it and pull it over the tree is cancelled. Whooopppeee.