The Christmas 2021 Thread | Vital Football

The Christmas 2021 Thread

It's not even November yet!
200w.gif

When I was a young lad, there was this thing called Halloween that came along before Christmas.

Now it's Spring, Summer, Christmas.
When I was a kid we did celebrate Halloween but it was a family and friends thing. We used to play games and do duck apples. Halloween as it is in this country only arrived from the USA after the film ET and should be made illegal.

When I was a kid we did celebrate Halloween but it was a family and friends thing. We used to play games and do duck apples. Halloween as it is in this country only arrived from the USA after the film ET and should be made illegal.

I've had no interest in Halloween since I was a kid either, but what I still like about it is that it should be a half way holiday between the end of summer and Christmas.

But these days the tinsel and selection boxes come out in September, it's ridiculous.

My birthday is the day before Halloween so as a kid I had a lot of Halloween parties!

I'm 42 this year so all this talk of Halloween being a relatively new thing in this country doesn't ring true with me as I was celebrating it properly 35 years ago.

As for Xmas I bloody love it!!!

Taking Buddy to Lapland UK this year.... Not the real thing obviously but friends have been before and said its amazing!

Not the first time I've said it, but we have a simple understanding on this road.

Outside light on, decorations - knock freely.

No lights or decorations - don't disturb.

Works well.

It's imported nonsense, some years we involve ourselves, others we don't but it's a neighbourly thing here. Oldest is way to old now so has supervised youngest in more recent years. This year they both want to entertain others rather than door knock themselves.

Just started my Xmas shopping. Had a 20% off code that runs out in 2 days so thought why not. Bought Buddy a tonne of Minecraft stuff as he's really into it. Duvet set, night light, pj's lego etc..

Not the first time I've said it, but we have a simple understanding on this road.

Outside light on, decorations - knock freely.

No lights or decorations - don't disturb.

Works well.

It's imported nonsense, some years we involve ourselves, others we don't but it's a neighbourly thing here. Oldest is way to old now so has supervised youngest in more recent years. This year they both want to entertain others rather than door knock themselves.

Aren't those the same rules as dogging?

My birthday is the day before Halloween so as a kid I had a lot of Halloween parties!

I'm 42 this year so all this talk of Halloween being a relatively new thing in this country doesn't ring true with me as I was celebrating it properly 35 years ago.
Its not Halloween thats new its the trick or treat thing that started in this country after the ET film was released nearly 40 years ago.
I believe Halloween has been around for hundreds of years and was called All Souls Day when people remembered the dead. They would also have a large feast. November the1st is All Saint day a religious thing. Its a bit like Xmas Eve and Xmas day.
Trick or Treat originated in Ireland and was taken to America by the Irish migrants and was then embraced by the Americans who have turned it into a multi million $/£ business.
Fine enjoy Halloween just dont disturb people who are not interested.

Its not Halloween thats new its the trick or treat thing that started in this country after the ET film was released nearly 40 years ago.
I believe Halloween has been around for hundreds of years and was called All Souls Day when people remembered the dead. They would also have a large feast. November the1st is All Saint day a religious thing. Its a bit like Xmas Eve and Xmas day.
Trick or Treat originated in Ireland and was taken to America by the Irish migrants and was then embraced by the Americans who have turned it into a multi million $/£ business.
Fine enjoy Halloween just dont disturb people who are not interested.

So, just to confirm, if I knock on yours, an I getting a minced pie or not?

Fair enough, trick or treat has always been around as far as I can remember, and as 51% of the population are under 40, its always been a thing for the majority of us.....

So will you old feckers please shut up and let us enjoy ourselves? :nerner:

Reactions: BBJ