Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Delaney

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Low

Votes: 11 15.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure Keinan will be praying by his bedside tonight for Dyche ,tailor made for him. Mind you we could announce it alongside our new sponsorship deal with Sterpsils.

I suspect that with the great importance that has been put on developing the youth and U23 team, the owners will be looking towards someone who has a proven coaching pedigree and a modern approach to the game, young and up' coming who can grow with the team. Allardyce, Pulis, Warnock, need not apply.

One things for sure... Us fans, as a collective really haven't got a clue.

A lot of us wanted Lambert.

We've all clamoured for exotic names in the past too. Rijkaard, Laudrup, De Boer, Koeman etc... Where are they all now?

Choosing a manager is 95% pot luck I reckon, and as previously said a lot of the time it's not always about a manager being good or bad, just whether they fit the club.

I won't get too happy or too angry either way. Gotta trust the guys paid to make the desicion...... So long as its not Scott Smarmy Parker then I'm off! 😂

If the best we can aspire to is Steve Gerrard or Frank Lampard then why sack Dean Smith? All the names mentioned so far are an upgrade unless it is Low, DenTag or Rungdick and they won't come. I sincerely hope that the owners and CEO have this sorted or it could turn quite toxic quickly if the new guy doesn't get results quickly.

Well with Deano and Shaky gone there must be someone lined up as there is no one at all in charge now.

Got to be a done deal with someone.

That's what I said yesterday. If not then there must have been a hell of an argument with Shakey as surely he would have been in charge for now.

If the best we can aspire to is Steve Gerrard or Frank Lampard then why sack Dean Smith? All the names mentioned so far are an upgrade unless it is Low, DenTag or Rungdick and they won't come. I sincerely hope that the owners and CEO have this sorted or it could turn quite toxic quickly if the new guy doesn't get results quickly.

Agree with you. The next man in the door is going to be brought in to achieve what they thought Deano couldn't. Has to be a rising star from a top league.

I don't think we can read too much into anything about Shakespeare going. Norwich got rid of their entire staff and clearly they are starting the process now to bring in someone new.

I assume Danks, and MacPhee aren't out because they have just signed deals in the summer and presumably they have to agree compensation as it's more tricky. The fact that Cutler hasn't gone is interesting and I think they'll try and keep him, seems to be a popular figure.

Sack Dean Smith because his record in 2021 was atrocious - of course the owners have a new manager lined up - it was turning toxic a while back with Smith - his time was up - long live the king

Quick ITK for you all (yeah I know :slap:) A certain Burnley manager (who shall remain nameless) was touting himself (or herself) heavily to the club over the summer. Think he (or she) signed a new contract with them so we are safe.....for now. The sums mentioned were eye-watering. If they ever end up at Villa, I'm giving up following football :shake:.

He wouldn't come to us when tapped during the Lerner debacle so he can do one this time around IMO, same as Martinez.

One things for sure... Us fans, as a collective really haven't got a clue.

A lot of us wanted Lambert.

We've all clamoured for exotic names in the past too. Rijkaard, Laudrup, De Boer, Koeman etc... Where are they all now?
Not me. I didn't want Lambert. I did want Rijkaard or Laudrup when we got McLeish. We could have got them, managers who knew how to build a team. Could well have worked. In the event, they seem to have given up on management, and retired.

With Purslow's apparent friendship with Gerrard I would be shocked if he hasn't already asked him if he's interested.

Assuming of course that we have any interest in Gerrard at all. I would hope not. But looking at the crappy “shortlist” I’m hoping for someone not on that to appear from nowhere, completely under the radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.