Odd random stuff | Page 9 | Vital Football

Odd random stuff

Just in case anyone missed it in PK's 12th Man article ........ and especially for Hampton (who I know loves my work ;)).

NB: Also, this is the uncensored version ........ not that there was anything particularly offensive in it (but I suppose PK knows his libel law better than me).

Didn’t we have a lovely time
Didn’t we have a lovely time, the day we went to Bowton

A wonderful day, some pints on the way,

And then some more in the ground, you know

With 4 thousand or more, we went on to score,

Then again and again and a fourth time.

Singing a few of our favourite songs

As their wheels came off.

Best team in the league? I’m not sure we agree, but hey, their manager’s puddled

He comes out with stuff, that’s generally guff

It makes him sound doolally, you know

But the Tics didn’t care, that he’s full of hot air

As they gave him a footballing lesson.

It finished just four, but it could have been more, as we absolutely thumped ‘em

All their fans knew, and the ref knew it too,

They couldn’t take any more, you know

So the ref, he was kind, he blew early for time,

To save ‘em conceding another

So yes, we had a lovely time, the day we went to Bowton

Our Jimmy Mc, had a bit o’ the craic,

As he chatted to their fans, you know

It isn’t a dream that this new Latics team

Can go on and do even better

Ey up, he’s not done, Evatt’s started again, he now reckons Plymouth are t’ best team

It favvers to me that he just cannot see

The Tics are t’ best in the land, (we know)

Even though we got beat this last Tuesday neet,

Them men got stuffed down at Plymouth.

So we’ll keep on singing our favourite songs,

As our wheels come off. (Bloody rubbish Wiggin !)

Good stuff. I suspect he censored it not due to any libel issue, but because Marc Iles got over sensitive following the last 12th man in the league cup. Think Evatt got called a pound shop Steve Evans and he took umbrage with it and couldn’t differentiate between a light hearted supporter piece and that from a journalist. I don’t think he’s got over it given his digs at Kendrick making the most of Evatts ‘best team in the league’ comments last week.

Puddled and doolally got changed, that's all.

With their skipper jumping ship, Evatt must be concerned re how much the rest of the team are behind him.

Evatt saying he will strengthen in January now who would sign for a manager like him!
This guy is out his depth and has clearly lost it both with players and fans.

Puddled and doolally got changed, that's all.

With their skipper jumping ship, Evatt must be concerned re how much the rest of the team are behind him.
If they want to start challenging for promotion, it's players like Sarcevic and Doyle they need to offload. I suspect Evatt has told them a few home truths after Saturday, that they aren't good enough for a promotion chasing side and neither liked it.

If they want to start challenging for promotion, it's players like Sarcevic and Doyle they need to offload. I suspect Evatt has told them a few home truths after Saturday, that they aren't good enough for a promotion chasing side and neither liked it.

Rather than telling them they're the best in the league then.

Just in case anyone missed it in PK's 12th Man article ........ and especially for Hampton (who I know loves my work ;)).

NB: Also, this is the uncensored version ........ not that there was anything particularly offensive in it (but I suppose PK knows his libel law better than me).

Didn’t we have a lovely time
Didn’t we have a lovely time, the day we went to Bowton

A wonderful day, some pints on the way,

And then some more in the ground, you know

With 4 thousand or more, we went on to score,

Then again and again and a fourth time.

Best team in the league? I’m not sure we agree, but hey, their manager’s puddled

He comes out with stuff, that’s generally guff

It makes him sound doolally, you know

But the Tics didn’t care, that he’s full of hot air

As they gave him a footballing lesson.

It finished just four, but it could have been more, as we absolutely thumped ‘em

All their fans knew, and the ref knew it too,

They couldn’t take any more, you know

So the ref, he was kind, he blew early for time,

To save ‘em conceding another

So yes, we had a lovely time, the day we went to Bowton

Our Jimmy Mc, had a bit o’ the craic,

As he chatted to their fans, you know

It isn’t a dream that this new Latics team

Can go on and do even better

Ey up, he’s not done, Evatt’s started again, he now reckons Plymouth are t’ best team

It favvers to me that he just cannot see

The Tics are t’ best in the land, (we know)

Even though we got beat this last Tuesday neet,

Them men got stuffed down at Plymouth.

So we’ll keep on singing our favourite songs,

As our wheels come off. (Bloody rubbish Wiggin !)
I had seen it 😁
Proper scraping the barrell here (supported yet again by your mate Kendrick) not just awful prowse but "sampling" a truly awful song 😂
Comes to something when what Statto says is more entertaining 😉😂

Last edited:
I had seen it 😁
Proper scraping the barrell here (supported yet again by your mate Kendrick) not just awful prowse but "sampling" a truly awful song 😂
Comes to something when what Statto says is more entertaining 😉😂

Tha's just a cultural wasteland lad. 😉

Tha's just a cultural wasteland lad. 😉
That charge has been levelled at me before tbh 😂
Am dusting my own quill off and if you would be kind enough to share where you submit 12th Man subs too will have a go for next week 😉 - no influencing on the Ed mind 😁

That charge has been levelled at me before tbh 😂
Am dusting my own quill off and if you would be kind enough to share where you submit 12th Man subs too will have a go for next week 😉 - no influencing on the Ed mind 😁
Paul.kendrick@lep.co.uk

He pings out a note to previous contributors on Wednesday, wanting inputs by Thursday lunch.

Pm me your email address and I'll forward it to you ..... Otherwise, just ping it to him "unofficially" so to speak.

👍

Paul.kendrick@lep.co.uk

He pings out a note to previous contributors on Wednesday, wanting inputs by Thursday lunch.

Pm me your email address and I'll forward it to you ..... Otherwise, just ping it to him "unofficially" so to speak.

👍
Tks Pal will submit directly - as you may track me down if I send you my mail address- also potential to tamper with my pulitzer standard submission 😂😂😂

We have clashed loads me and you. But still good banter. let them have there say. It’s fun Like my wife says I spend to much time on here. We’re as my mate hindley mon gone.
Hindley signed off from here because of the McLean signing, as I understand his post.
Only 2 us from Hindley on here now?

Hindley signed off from here because of the McLean signing, as I understand his post.
Only 2 us from Hindley on here now?

I wonder if he's had a change of mind. The lad (and his family) obviously loves being here, and he's never given less than 100%.

I get that Hindley didn't like McLean's attitude in some "political" aspects, but the lad has barely put a foot wrong whilst he's been here.

I've no doubt that he'll refuse to wear a poppy next month, but that's his decision. Isn't it only in dictatorships that folk are mandated (with no dissent allowed) to do stuff?