Odd random stuff | Page 8 | Vital Football

Odd random stuff

https://wiganathletic.com/news/2021/october/Ticket-News-Fleetwood-Town-v-Latics/

I think someone's been on the sherry, can't they get anything right ffs?

TICKETS ON SALE TO 2021/22 SEASON CARD HOLDERS FROM 9AM ON FRIDAY 22 OCTOBER FOR LATICS’ TRIP TO FLEETWOOD TOWN ON MONDAY 2 NOVEMBER

Ticket sales for this one will be interesting, I'm usually not bad at gauging likely ticket demand for away games but this season is a real guessing game. Will we sell just (say) 300 for a mid week away at a venue with a crappy public transport service when you can legally watch if tor a tenner at home or will we sell out yet another away game ?
With only 700 standing tickets I'm already sat at my laptop primed for the 9 am ticket purchase just in case.

On a related note, I had a phone call from someone at the club this week, "just ringing for a chat", and when asked if there was anything that could be improved I said having the ability to block buy tickets for friends and family season ticket holders online. He said I'm not the first to mention it.

Will we sell just (say) 300 for a mid week away at a venue with a crappy public transport service when you can legally watch if tor a tenner at home.

I reckon more of our fans are doing that even for home games when they cant be bothered to get down to the stadium.

Thats the point i was making to yon mon on the Renaming the stands thread, do you get it now?

I reckon more of our fans are doing that even for home games when they cant be bothered to get down to the stadium.

Thats the point i was making to yon mon on the Renaming the stands thread, do you get it now?

I known exactly the point you were making T&C and I don't disagree, but it appears (to me) that you mis-interpreted WalgarthJohns comment about the stadium looking half empty when watching on TV (presumably he was referring to highlights etc) to mean you thought WJ watches live home games on TV.
WJ has now confirmed that he has missed 1 (one - yes one - legend) home league game in the last 50 years, so surely you'll be offering a "soz mate, misunderstood your comment, I retract my accusation, apologise wholeheartedly and salute your dedication my friend". Come on T&C I have faith in you, don't let me down.

On the subject of random stuff, Talal appears to have leaked the design of the 3rd kit. It's only a sketch at the moment, but it looks pretty nice.

On the subject of random stuff, Talal appears to have leaked the design of the 3rd kit. It's only a sketch at the moment, but it looks pretty nice.

I actually think the design was leaked by a fan on twitter having found it in FM22, quite funny really. Talal was responding to that I think.

That's one match. And he says he's missed one match in 50 odd years. Voila!!

Duh! Read it again, read this quote slowly then repeat until the penny drops, i know its difficult for you but do try.

"Not missed many in 55 years but this is one I'm staying away from"

Duh! Read it again, read this quote slowly then repeat until the penny drops, i know its difficult for you but do try.

"Not missed many in 55 years but this is one I'm staying away from"

One isn't many. I think all bar one person reading this thread knows who has it wrong. Hence Arthur suggesting you might owe someone an apology. But it's not first time somebody has suggested that. Arthur put it in more polite terms but I think this is the latest in a long line of wind ups. Time for another name change soon I suggest.

But maybe you are still frustrated that you only managed to celebrate 2 goals last weekend, when the rest of us celebrated 4.

Nope. I don't get it T&C.

If fans don't go to home games - for whatever reason - then that's their choice. However, they don't have an option to pay and watch it on TV.

Unless I've missed summat, games aren't streamed (in UK) for home games.

Also, in your effort to have a pop at WJ, you completely mixed up two separate points made by WJ:
1. He's missed one home game in 50 years
2. He doesn't get to many away games these days.

In your haste, you somehow managed to mix these up in your following post:

If you dont go to many away games these days, how have you only missed one in 50 years?

Sometimes mate it's better to just hold up your hands and say sorry, rather than keeping on digging and making yersel look like an even bigger t0$$er. (NB: Not saying that you are one ...... just that you;re making yersel look like one. ;))

Nope. I don't get it T&C.

If fans don't go to home games - for whatever reason - then that's their choice. However, they don't have an option to pay and watch it on TV.

Unless I've missed summat, games aren't streamed (in UK) for home games.

Also, in your effort to have a pop at WJ, you completely mixed up two separate points made by WJ:
1. He's missed one home game in 50 years
2. He doesn't get to many away games these days.

In your haste, you somehow managed to mix these up in your following post:

Sometimes mate it's better to just hold up your hands and say sorry, rather than keeping on digging and making yersel look like an even bigger t0$$er. (NB: Not saying that you are one ...... just that you;re making yersel look like one. ;))

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/efl-cup-v-bolton-at-dw.117487/

Post 80 please, bloody hard work on here today!

Right, lets draw a line under the T&C / WJ posts.

Back to Fleetwood away, which sparked some of this, I've got mine and my lads standing tickets sorted. Happy days.

Mate. The following two statements aren't incompatible:

1. After the last match it’s a stay at home for me. Not missed many in 55 years. But. This is one I’m staying away from.

2: I have missed one home league game in the last 50 years.

Put that bloody shovel down.

Seems like you only use semantics when it suits your agenda.
Anyroad ive made my point.

Seems like you only use semantics when it suits your agenda.
Anyroad ive made my point.
Sorry mate, but "semantics" comes nowhere near this.

I get you like the occasional wind up, but I thought you were a better mon than to die in a ditch on summat when you know you've dropped a bollock.

WJ's comments on away games, home games, and home league games were fairly clear for any reasonable person. Furthermore, any reasonable person would have held their hand up when realising they'd got their knickers in a twist.

Fair enough though if you're not that person.

Last edited:
Unless I've missed summat, games aren't streamed (in UK) for home games

The midweek ones are. Paid a tenner for the sheff wed one the other week when I couldn’t go as was isolating. Effectively I paid twice as I’ve a season ticket so happy days for the club (not that I begrudged paying it) but it must be affecting midweek attendances at all clubs as it’s clearly cheaper than buying a match ticket and attending in person.