Odd random stuff | Vital Football

Odd random stuff

Could easily have been us - not the hooligan bit, the Phoenix club bit.

Fair play to Robbie Savage for getting involved with rebuilding Macc.

"Before the game, I had been sweeping the pitch, vacuuming rubber particles from the white lines, digging out the holes for the corner flags, and cleaning glasses in the bar.
That may not sound like a director of football’s normal beat, but that is what we do at a non-League club.
There is no room for egos, airs and graces – you get on with the day-to-day tasks that probably get taken for granted higher up the pyramid.
But I never expected to finish the day by wading into a sell-out crowd to separate grown men behaving like idiots."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/i-waded-sell-out-crowd-24907100

Today I'm pleased to share my Birthday with Callum Lang he's 23:toot:
1f60a.svg
I'm 71 :rolleyes:
1f644.svg
1f973.svg
1f973.svg
1f973.svg

Retro Football:
Playing in the Snow, Orange Balls, Wooden Football Rattles.

snow.jpg11.jpg

Leeds at White Hart Lane on 14 February 1970.

Last edited:
Happy birthday zakky fitting for you to be mentioned on this thread
Sorry i read the thread name wrong i thought it said old random stuff

WE HAVE SOME VERY CLEVER POSTERS ON HERE
THIS SHOULD TEST YOUR ABILITIES.
I'D WANT FREE ST FOR LIFE FOR DOING THIS

2 hours ago Vacancy | Head of Commercial

By @LaticsOfficial

Wigan Athletic Football Club is looking to recruit a Head of Commercial to increase company revenue by creating progressive commercial strategies for sponsorships, hospitality, and non-match day events. Initiate new business opportunities ensuring that the company maximises revenue from new and existing sources and helps to develop effective marketing strategies to create demand and reach new markets, including
You will:
  • Manage, lead, and inspire a commercial department to formulate and develop its sales and marketing strategy and objectives to deliver significant commercial revenue growth.
  • Analyse, review and be accountable for a suite of KPIs across company revenue metrics, amending strategy to maximise performance.
  • Identify opportunities to improve efficiency, customer advocacy and revenue generation and see these through to effective implementation.
  • Work alongside the operations team to develop a cohesive strategy to enhance experiences provided to both match day and non-match customers.
  • Work closely with on-site agencies such as catering companies to always ensure clear and concise communication.
  • Develop and lead the commercial team in sourcing, managing, and implementing new business opportunities.
  • Oversee the marketing, promotion, delivery, and quality of business development services.
  • Drive the effective performance of the department by providing leadership which sets high expectations of all staff, addresses development needs and tackles any poor performance effectively.
  • In consultation with HR, implement effective succession planning, people management, development, recruitment, and retention strategies for the department.
  • Act as a key contact for sponsors and large customer accounts.
  • Form strategic partnerships with other companies to leverage their existing networks.
  • Promote a selling environment throughout the company through effective internal relationship management and engagement in organisation and departmental initiatives.
  • Proactively review relevant competitor information and market developments to initiate and drive business evolution.
  • Present a yearly budget for board approval and prudently manage resources within
  • those budgetary guidelines according to company policy and within ethical corporate governance guidelines.
  • Provide monthly target and revenue updates to the executive board members.
  • Ensure that all stakeholders, such as administration, operations, and finance understand and adhere to all contractual obligations.
The successful candidate will have:
  • A Degree or recognised professional qualification e.g., CIM Diploma or equivalent relevant and substantial experience
  • A proven and successful track record of accomplishment in sales and business development ideally within a fast-paced customer focused setting
  • Demonstrable experience of successfully building, growing, and servicing a business
  • Demonstrable experience of leading a successful team, supporting their development, and managing their performance
  • Proven track record of identification and implementation of digital marketing and sales strategies
  • Substantial experience of delivering a quality service to customers and continuously seeking to improve upon this to win new business and retain customers
  • Demonstrable experience of working effectively to increase sales
  • Experience of change management
  • Ability to effectively manage resources against budget and business plans
  • Proven written and oral communication skills and the ability to articulate information and influence others
  • Ability to think creatively and generate new ideas, in order to grow business and enhance revenue and profitability for the group
  • Ability to build effective working relationships and influence across the organisation and with external partners to improve practices
  • IT literate, with the ability to use the full suite of Microsoft Office package
  • Ability to adapt and take on new initiatives
  • Excellent project management skills
  • Commercially astute and customer focused
  • Disciplined completer
  • Self-motivated with a passion to succeed
  • Ability to work as part of team and work well under pressure.
  • Willingness to learn and continuously develop
  • Be flexible to meet the requirements of the needs of the business
  • The ability to travel between different sites