City Ground | Page 40 | Vital Football

City Ground

Randall is a QPR fan. But I suppose he has now become paid Forest fan, although not really a fan, but the mouthpiece of the owner.

Megson ball was worse. Definitely the worst we have played. Hughton ball is close, but Megson ball wins it for me.

Hughton ball is luxury compared to the likes of Matt Gillies and Allan Brown; Megson was bad, but people only had to endure him for a mere 13 months, Gillies was there for close on 4 fucking years.

At least during the Gillies era there was plenty of entertainment off the pitch; you certainly did not find the loyal supporters bleating like a set of big girls; no, they took their frustration out on the opposition supporters.

Not that I advocate that kind of carry on.

Inspired management.

Selling Peter Cormack the following season was the final nail in the coffin.
Yes and to the fucking scousers. The 70s were a bad time, the great 67 side was badly managed as far as replacements were concerned culminating in the financial disaster that was Jim Baxter

Doris? my memory has deserted me there
Sorry if I'm wrong, but I thought it was a name given to Alan Hinton by Forest fans. We got him from Wolves in a swap deal with Le Flem going to them. Dick Le Flem was the first Forest player to grab my attention when first watching football.
It might have actually been Gladys that the fans called Hinton, who was a good footballer but lacked a bit of bottle.

Hughton ball is luxury compared to the likes of Matt Gillies and Allan Brown; Megson was bad, but people only had to endure him for a mere 13 months, Gillies was there for close on 4 fucking years.

At least during the Gillies era there was plenty of entertainment off the pitch; you certainly did not find the loyal supporters bleating like a set of big girls; no, they took their frustration out on the opposition supporters.

Not that I advocate that kind of carry on.
Spot on with that. Some of the away trips were interesting. Coming back with no windows in the bus was expected so always dressed accordingly.

Sorry if I'm wrong, but I thought it was a name given to Alan Hinton by Forest fans. We got him from Wolves in a swap deal with Le Flem going to them. Dick Le Flem was the first Forest player to grab my attention when first watching football.
It might have actually been Gladys that the fans called Hinton, who was a good footballer but lacked a bit of bottle.

It was Gladys Hinton; not sure but I think that was due to his shock of blonde hair and the white boots

Alan Hinton yes that's right always had a bit of respect for him after he got me and my mate tickets for FA cup match at Crystal Palace in 1965. The team came to Skegness for a bit of R & R before the game, and being footballers spent most of the time in the Bookies. My dad happened to work at that Bookies at the time, got chatting to Alan Hinton telling him I was a mad Forest fan so he said he would get us a couple of tickets and was as good as his word, We went down to London on the train on our own (only 15 at the time) The only thing was we put up a dismal performance and lost 3-1 to Palace who were in 3rd Division then. I think Wignall scored our goal. A good day out though

Alan Hinton yes that's right always had a bit of respect for him after he got me and my mate tickets for FA cup match at Crystal Palace in 1965. The team came to Skegness for a bit of R & R before the game, and being footballers spent most of the time in the Bookies. My dad happened to work at that Bookies at the time, got chatting to Alan Hinton telling him I was a mad Forest fan so he said he would get us a couple of tickets and was as good as his word, We went down to London on the train on our own (only 15 at the time) The only thing was we put up a dismal performance and lost 3-1 to Palace who were in 3rd Division then. I think Wignall scored our goal. A good day out though
I was at that match as well. If i remember right the kop was just a bank of earth with no barriers of any kind. You are right we got stuffed. I can also remember the trent end having a whip round to buy him a wedding present that got presented to him at Sheffield United i think.

I was at that match as well. If i remember right the kop was just a bank of earth with no barriers of any kind. You are right we got stuffed. I can also remember the trent end having a whip round to buy him a wedding present that got presented to him at Sheffield United i think.
Yes you're right at one end & one side the top half of the terracing was just a grassy / muddy bank with the odd crush barrier. Health & Safety ah

The last we were told was that "transportation" issues were the remaining details to sort out. I took that to mean all other issues had been resolved. So assuming that to be the case just what could these be? Large scale residental development seems to be springing up all around the city area presumably to meet a need, isnt there a need in Rushcliffe? or do they alone want to be permanently stuck in 2021.