City Ground | Page 39 | Vital Football

City Ground

Isn't the Environment Agency a Government Agency?

Be interesting to see what happens with their objection
Their objections were to the original submission which may have been resolved. I said at the time that they looked to have been raised by a young jobsworth. My mention of all the lights being on yesterday in the building housing " the environment agency" was meant to be ironic given the need to reduce energy use in order to save the planet. Tossers.

So our chairman has been lead to believe that planning for our development should be granted " at the end of the summer". I am currently sitting with the fucking heating on so RBC where is it?

So our chairman has been lead to believe that planning for our development should be granted " at the end of the summer". I am currently sitting with the fucking heating on so RBC where is it?

so. It is your fault. Get your budgie smugglers and flip flops on.

I'm certainly not putting him in that bracket just yet.

Marthur was serious about promotion ( and getting Wolf to finish his garage)

“We still live under the regime of FFP which means that the levels of investment an owner can make are in proportion to the income generated by the club and, as you know, we do not have the advantage of significant parachute payments.

“As you are also aware we are striving to achieve promotion in the next few weeks but it is crucial that we maintain the club’s upwards trajectory even if we fall short this season. We need to keep our momentum and to maintain our club on its upward path"

That was when we were asked not to request refunds, which like a twat, I swallowed and let them keep my cash.

Then...
“We are well within the FFP limits, in particular because we took the tough decision in relation to Matty (Cash) to sell - and Ioannis (Vrentzos, CEO) got an absolutely fantastic deal on that, one of the rare occasions in football where you can generally say all parties had a great deal.

“The reality is, because of that sale and, bizarrely, when you look at the impact covid has had, actually the losses are much lower for the next set of accounts than they were for the accounts which are now public.

“Because FFP is done over a three-year rolling period, we are not at the limits. We are comfortably under them and we have some headroom.”

“The manager will have resources in terms of the funding and will have resources in terms of the back-up".

That's just a quick search on my phone. I've not even looked at the ground statements. He clearly sets out expectations. If he said " there's nowt in the pot serri" then fair enough, but as chairman he's failed to deliver.

“We still live under the regime of FFP which means that the levels of investment an owner can make are in proportion to the income generated by the club and, as you know, we do not have the advantage of significant parachute payments.

“As you are also aware we are striving to achieve promotion in the next few weeks but it is crucial that we maintain the club’s upwards trajectory even if we fall short this season. We need to keep our momentum and to maintain our club on its upward path"

That was when we were asked not to request refunds, which like a twat, I swallowed and let them keep my cash.

Then...
“We are well within the FFP limits, in particular because we took the tough decision in relation to Matty (Cash) to sell - and Ioannis (Vrentzos, CEO) got an absolutely fantastic deal on that, one of the rare occasions in football where you can generally say all parties had a great deal.

“The reality is, because of that sale and, bizarrely, when you look at the impact covid has had, actually the losses are much lower for the next set of accounts than they were for the accounts which are now public.

“Because FFP is done over a three-year rolling period, we are not at the limits. We are comfortably under them and we have some headroom.”

“The manager will have resources in terms of the funding and will have resources in terms of the back-up".

That's just a quick search on my phone. I've not even looked at the ground statements. He clearly sets out expectations. If he said " there's nowt in the pot serri" then fair enough, but as chairman he's failed to deliver.
Fair enough.
He works under the owner though. Never quite sure where to apportion blame but the buck stops at the top. If he wasn't doing Marinakis' bidding, or at least not well enough, he'd be out the door. Same goes for Murphy.
I realise you just quickly found a couple of quotes and that there are others but the first one you put is just true, I would say. The second one might be true or might be bs. If it is/was true then either the funding tap was turned off (which would be his and/or the owner's call), or something went wrong with recruitment (which he isn't part of).

Arthur, among other crimes, talked about how specific player targets would be joining the club, who then didn't. etc.
Maybe Randall is in the same mould but I'm not equating them just yet.

Then...

I do not think that is correct, and its a case of shooting the messenger.

As Chairman, he is nothing more than the front of house guy; he parrots out whatever the CEO tells him - all of what he stated on the 2 part interview would have been subject matter well outside of his remit as Chairman and will have come from Vrentzos.

Vrentzos took the stance of not commenting in public so that onus fell on Randall; it will be interesting to see how that changes with our new, less publicity shy, CEO.

Then...

As for failing to deliver; the only input Randall has in our transfers was to have his picture taken with the new player.

The CEO is the one who negotiates and signs the deal off.

All of what Randall said about P & S is quite correct; last years accounts will be averaged out with the next set to be published, which will include the Matty Cash money.

If, as he states, the next accounts come in under the last accounts, we should be well under the P & S limits and have headroom.

That is all well and good but it does not mean players are falling over themselves to sign for us; we obviously had money to spend and it appeared that the club wanted to spend the lions share of it on a striker.

From what we know, mainly from the foreign press, we had a bid accepted of 4m euro, the problems came when players turned us down, or failed the medical, although that has been questioned.

The biggest problem comes when supporters have unrealistic expectation levels; how much realistically do people think we had to spend?

Another 2m, 3m or 4m on top of the 4m offered?

Maybe we could have signed one less full back, but the ones we have signed can play other positions and offer flexibility; you can be sure that the people who moan about signing all of the full backs will be the first ones complaining in three months when we have no full backs because they are all out injured.

Then...

just because we are within fpp doesnt mean we are cash rich does it. we can still be 15 million quid in debt... basically all to the owner. from his own pocket. in this case

Even if we can legally go out and spend 10 million quid that 10 million still has to come from somwhere and it still puts us nother 10 million quid in debt. so possibly now minus 25m. we cant keep being in that position, we have to save big money or sell for good money so that we can finally run sustainably but do that with the best tools available

IM happy that we are finally going down this development route, th plan for us is great. ITS been a tough time on the pitch and the owner is still backing us on all fronts, alo backing his staff from first team to womens footie , to the kids.

yes his team fooked up with thier strategy or lack of one nd he has changed it for new modern direction.

I makes me nervous when people slag the owner off and I think its irational. I think we are extremely fortunate, its been a money pit for years and the rewards are harder to get. I cant imagine 1% of wannabe club owners that would go into that and invest into our future as much as this guy is doing.

just because we are within fpp doesnt mean we are cash rich does it. we can still be 15 million quid in debt... basically all to the owner. from his own pocket. in this case

Even if we can legally go out and spend 10 million quid that 10 million still has to come from somwhere and it still puts us nother 10 million quid in debt. so possibly now minus 25m. we cant keep being in that position, we have to save big money or sell for good money so that we can finally run sustainably but do that with the best tools available

IM happy that we are finally going down this development route, th plan for us is great. ITS been a tough time on the pitch and the owner is still backing us on all fronts, alo backing his staff from first team to womens footie , to the kids.

yes his team fooked up with thier strategy or lack of one nd he has changed it for new modern direction.

I makes me nervous when people slag the owner off and I think its irational. I think we are extremely fortunate, its been a money pit for years and the rewards are harder to get. I cant imagine 1% of wannabe club owners that would go into that and invest into our future as much as this guy is doing.

In full agreement with the 'Development route' - It would be nice to watch a bit of decent football en route.
I can't remember the last time the football was half decent - but it has never been this bad.