City Ground | Page 38 | Vital Football

City Ground

Completely agree. The local MP and a government minister both batting for us should carry some clout. My point is that RBC should have welcomed this development with open arms, instead they have been downright unhelpful from the start and must have cost the club alot of money in the process. Should be ashamed of themselves in my opinion.
They have always been unhelpful when it comes to City Ground redevelopment.

The way to get re-elected in leafy Rushcliffe is not by helping the big football ground that residents loathe get bigger

Completely agree. The local MP and a government minister both batting for us should carry some clout. My point is that RBC should have welcomed this development with open arms, instead they have been downright unhelpful from the start and must have cost the club alot of money in the process. Should be ashamed of themselves in my opinion.

MPs get no real say in planning at all but generally agree with you that RBC should be looking to facilitate this.

Do agree with mao that it was an intelligent move to gently remind folks this is a positive development. If recruitment is as intelligent then we should be on the right track.

MPs get no real say in planning at all but generally agree with you that RBC should be looking to facilitate this.

Do agree with mao that it was an intelligent move to gently remind folks this is a positive development. If recruitment is as intelligent then we should be on the right track.
I think that the club have shown a lot of class thoughout the whole affair to be honest. And no i dont think the plate smashing incident ever took place.

Because I know 3 people who were there
So the club was " entertaining" member(s) of RBC planning officials and Ventros lost it when he said " ok lads so thats a deal then" and was told to fuck off ? Have i got that about right?

So the club was " entertaining" member(s) of RBC planning officials and Ventros lost it when he said " ok lads so thats a deal then" and was told to fuck off ? Have i got that about right?

I think that is an over simplification.

The architects arranged a get together with the Club and Council, so that the Greeks could be informed, first hand by the Council, on how the planning process works in this Country.

At some point in the meeting, Vrentzos took exception to what he considered to be the long drawn out nature of the process, and lost the plot; well that is how it was explained to me.

I think that is an over simplification.

The architects arranged a get together with the Club and Council, so that the Greeks could be informed, first hand by the Council, on how the planning process works in this Country.

At some point in the meeting, Vrentzos took exception to what he considered to be the long drawn out nature of the process, and lost the plot; well that is how it was explained to me.
If that indeed was what happened then fucking good on him.

Had a stroll along Trentside today and couldnt help but notice the amount of development on the city side. All of it private housing which i think is a vast improvement to a previously very scruffy area. Back to the area which would be affected by our development i noticed the 3 boat clubs and their hideous 60s side extensions and to top it off the premises of the environment agency ( one of the objectors) with all the fucking lights on. Rushcliffe need to get their act together.

Had a stroll along Trentside today and couldnt help but notice the amount of development on the city side. All of it private housing which i think is a vast improvement to a previously very scruffy area. Back to the area which would be affected by our development i noticed the 3 boat clubs and their hideous 60s side extensions and to top it off the premises of the environment agency ( one of the objectors) with all the fucking lights on. Rushcliffe need to get their act together.

Hmm @ Tories getting thier act together?