Steve Cooper | Page 28 | Vital Football

Steve Cooper

No must’ve missed that one .
do tell .....
Basically, Steve Coppell got caught up a trainee in the showers at Man City :grinning:

(I know SC's solicitors read Vital Forest so let me make this clear, this is according to Apz, not me)

I actually do feel quite good about this appointment. And yes Will, mainly because we really are in a position where we don't expect anything great. He does have a good record though.

He looks happy enough to be there, I've no over the top expectations this season just keep us up. Looks like S. Reid is staying so thats a positive.

Last edited:
Wasn't Hughton the Manager, whereas Cooper is being described as coach ? Guess I'm old fashioned, but I prefer the manager to have responsibility for signings etc too.
Do any high level clubs run like that any more?
I'm with you, I like the old model, but i think most clubs have decided its too risky to give one guy all the control.

Wasn't Hughton the Manager, whereas Cooper is being described as coach ? Guess I'm old fashioned, but I prefer the manager to have responsibility for signings etc too.

Forest won’t be appointing managers anymore. They’re following the Brentford model to some extent to prevent high player turnover/football style changes with each managerial change. Basically the manager needs to fit the model and coach the players the recruitment team sign.

I’m not against this model at all given how much dross we change every year….but that’s heavily dependent on the quality the recruitment team get through the door.

Forest won’t be appointing managers anymore. They’re following the Brentford model to some extent to prevent high player turnover/football style changes with each managerial change. Basically the manager needs to fit the model and coach the players the recruitment team sign.

I’m not against this model at all given how much dross we change every year….but that’s heavily dependent on the quality the recruitment team get through the door.

Erm, if Forest wont be appointing managers anymore then how do they expect the manager to fit the model?

Care to explain that one young Willbert?

Well? WELL? WOULD YOU CARE TO EXPLAIN IT?

Thought not

webANXnoddyintoyland.jpg

Cooper’s football was efficient but it wasn’t enticing and that’s why his departure hasn’t resulted in many broken hearts around the city.
Let’s be clear, his tactics and philosophy were not the reason he left Swansea. He was paid to win matches, not thrill his audience and this parting of ways is down to other factors other than fans’ complaints about style.
But the gritty nature of performances explains why Cooper struggled at times to keep fans on side.
Swansea fans were happy with Cooper when things were going well but many of them were quick to turn on him at the slightest sign of a downturn. Winning ugly was fine but losing ugly is a joyless experience and despite the wins vastly outnumbering the defeats, it never took much for some fans to show their underlying disgruntlement.

Cooper’s football was efficient but it wasn’t enticing and that’s why his departure hasn’t resulted in many broken hearts around the city.
Let’s be clear, his tactics and philosophy were not the reason he left Swansea. He was paid to win matches, not thrill his audience and this parting of ways is down to other factors other than fans’ complaints about style.
But the gritty nature of performances explains why Cooper struggled at times to keep fans on side.
Swansea fans were happy with Cooper when things were going well but many of them were quick to turn on him at the slightest sign of a downturn. Winning ugly was fine but losing ugly is a joyless experience and despite the wins vastly outnumbering the defeats, it never took much for some fans to show their underlying disgruntlement.
I think Forest fans' disgruntlement with Hughton means that mid table and playing ugly will be absolutely fine for this season.

Erm, if Forest wont be appointing managers anymore then how do they expect the manager to fit the model?

Care to explain that one young Willbert?

Well? WELL? WOULD YOU CARE TO EXPLAIN IT?

Thought not

No quote with you today, had Ebola?

Tell you what, why don’t you go and do some posts instead of whinging. And don’t spread your bad vibes on to this forum by saying what you said in here… unless you want to say what you were saying about me being a great poster.

Swansea's datum for attractive football is very different from Forest's.
They have been spoiled over the years starting with Brendon Rodgers, Michael Laudrup and right through to Graham Potter.

Attritive football is relative, more so when looking at Cooper and Swansea.