20210919 PL Match Thread - Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea FC | Page 13 | Vital Football

20210919 PL Match Thread - Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea FC

Result?

• Win

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Lose

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I expected to lose this. Chavs are way better. We have Regulion, they have Alonso and so on. But I didn't expect us to beat City so out of the top 4 finishers we are even so far.

I didn't think Kane was that bad, Son faded badly second half and was worse. Ndombele had a few moments of flash but ultimately created little where it mattered. Loco was wasteful mostly. Dele worked his socks off and defended well apart from the corner goal but difficult to pick up Silva from outside the box. Our new boys ain't cutting it yet.

We are 7th and only 4 points off the top you know.

And we are better than this.

Scary thing imo is in a few weeks if we continue with our half hearted style we will be 17th and 4 points of the bottom.
For me Kane should have been a sub at best given his attitude and application. If nuno wants respect he needs to drop him....that is a starting point and wake up call for the other tossers cheating a fecking good living out of us!I

Everyone's pretty much covered everything I wanted to say, so I won't repeat.

This was one of those "games of two halves"....actually it was a game of a quarter and a half as we pretty much switched off the intensity 12 to 15 mins before the first half ended. Luckily for us Chelsea allowed us to do so.

I firmly believe we tanked in the first half. I've heard that we're a fit team this year, but that must be compared to last season where the Mourinho Spurs wasn't stressing fitness. If my theory is correct then there's your "excuse" for our poor second half showing!

I predicted 1-3 Chelsea, thinking we could at least score a goal given that we have one of the top five goalscorers in the world, but we couldn't even do that.

Here's a stat for you - fouls: Chelsea 15 Tottenham 4, read into that what you will.

And that's all I've got - you all saw what happened.

We literally have no attacking threat on the wings. This is our problem.
Rege & Emerson are attacking full backs but we play a system that means they must cover the length of the pitch, thus nullifying their main attributes.
Until we play 3 at the back, we simply won’t see the best from them. I’d be happy with Dier, Sanchez & Romero three whilst having Skipp in front of them.
That free’s Rege & Emerson to bomb forward, supporting a group of Kane, Son & Lucas whilst being supported by Dele & Ndombele.
We desperately need pace to be released but Nuno is sticking to a formation that prevents it.

We literally have no attacking threat on the wings. This is our problem.
Rege & Emerson are attacking full backs but we play a system that means they must cover the length of the pitch, thus nullifying their main attributes.
Until we play 3 at the back, we simply won’t see the best from them. I’d be happy with Dier, Sanchez & Romero three whilst having Skipp in front of them.
That free’s Rege & Emerson to bomb forward, supporting a group of Kane, Son & Lucas whilst being supported by Dele & Ndombele.
We desperately need pace to be released but Nuno is sticking to a formation that prevents it.

I hate playing 3 at the back but maybe we need to try it going forward under Nuno.

Hugo, Royal, Sanchez, Dier, Romero, Reggie, Hojbjerg, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Dele, Son.

Kane must be dropped.

I hate playing 3 at the back but maybe we need to try it going forward under Nuno.

Hugo, Royal, Sanchez, Dier, Romero, Reggie, Hojbjerg, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Dele, Son.

Kane must be dropped.
I’d be happy with that lineup. We need to unshackle our wingbacks & as we don’t have a monster DCM, I can only see 3 at the back achieving it.
Until we get pace working, we won’t create chances & if we don’t create chances then we will continue to see Palace & Chelsea second half performances.
It’s clear that we have another long season ahead of us

Kane must be dropped.

Lo Celso and Alli are not good enough; picking them is a waste of time. We see it too often when they take to the field. Moura's enthusiasm, ability in the air, and to run with the ball would be a better choice. Try Scarlett or another promising youngster for the other place. We've got nothing to lose.

We need to focus on the first 45 mins. We mixed it with what is currently the best team in the league.
Work to be done but this just showed what work is still to be done with our squad. We had a keeper, rb 2 x cbs and a left back, skipp and Winks on the bench, that lot would not scare a championship side! Our only attackers on the bench were two kids. Focus on the first 45.
In a nutshell... they brought on Kante, we brought on Skipp....

Wellllllllll..........

First, not too bothered over the 3pts. woulda expected to likely lose this one on paper anyway so. Last one was MUCH MUCH worse.

Second, feel like Nuno had the lineup closer to what is most likely to be our best. Almost.

Third, it's nearly impossible to play with a team of that quality, when your best player, a World Class Striker, is playing like a total shitbomb.

The deference to Kane is killing Spurs right now. After his offseason bs, he shoulda had to earn his place back. And there is 0% anyone will get me to agree that this guy should be the team Captain. Frankly, thats disgraceful.

At some point during Moron-hoe's tenure, Kane was allowed to start roaming all over the pitch, dropping in deep, and acting as a #10 more than a 9. It seems now, that this has become 50% of his game, and its totally killing us. At no point in this match were those two old fukers tested serious with pace & guile. When our guys turn and look for that CF to run it out to, Kane is just not there, he's back playing ticky-tac with PEH 5yds in front of our CB's. Fuck that.

If we dont stretch the top of our formation, and make these CB's defend our goalscorers, we aint gonna win shit.

Kane needs to be sat, for his shitty play, and he looks like he needs a rest.

Players like Reggie, their attacking game is predicated upon having a target in the box. When someone's there, he makes plays. 4 times today, GLC & NDomb had the ball and, and HAD the killer pass, but no runner. "Creativity" is worthless if there's no one to put it home. That's on Kane and his selfish play.

Emerson.... Whether he was aware of how much of a gap Prem Game Speed was from what he is used to.... Well he does now. Figure he did the best he could in a very tough situation, and I hope to see alot better from him.

GLC..... Kinda dont know what to say. Did alot of watercarrying off the ball, but his inability to impact games in any meanigful way is troublesome. Is he in the wrong spot? Is he not healthy? Or is it just that this league may be too much for him? I was bigly in favor of his signing, and still think there's a quality player in there, but at the moment it would seem more prudent to give his time to Bryan and see how that pans out.

I was highly encouraged by the first 30min today, what happened after that??!?

Those 30min are one thing giving me a bit of hope.

Nuno needs to start winning matches. Wolves and then the NLD. Get those two under his belt and then he's got Manure on Oct 30, and then doesnt face a "top6' team until Scouse on Dec 16. We'll know then who are Mgr for 2022 is gonna be.