US Politics Thread | Page 656 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

There is a suspicion that the Chinese demographic crisis is much worse than they are letting on. It would be entirely in keeping with their behaviour to be bullshitting the numbers. Countries in demographic crisis don't throw young men into a meat grinder.

Most likely there will be lots of sabre rattling but they aren't going to accelerate their own decline with an unnecessary war.
I don't know hubris is one of Xi Jinping's defining traits.

You've been doing your homework.
Haha. Yes. I am obsessed with Thailand. All I do is watch videos and channels on it.
I am learning the language. My plan is to spend 6 months of the year there broken into two 3 month trips a year.... Starting hopefully in march. Need to get out of this country. I can't cope here anymore for numerous reasons.
Apologies. Broke the US politics thread topic....But just a sidenote.

Haha. Yes. I am obsessed with Thailand. All I do is watch videos and channels on it.
I am learning the language. My plan is to spend 6 months of the year there broken into two 3 month trips a year.... Starting hopefully in march. Need to get out of this country. I can't cope here anymore for numerous reasons.
Apologies. Broke the US politics thread topic....But just a sidenote.

Don't we all. :p

The yanks have apologised for their rash decision of bombing anyone that walked in their warped game of tit for tat. Lack of diligence, intelligence, merely trying to kill as many people as they lost soldiers and they kill 8 innocent kids. Shocking, but they apologise and move on to the next shameful murder.

I get this happens a lot in the world, but this is one of the most careless abuses of power I can recall in a long time. Probably since the last time America dropped bombs on innocent people.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-...led-kabul-drone-strike-last-month-2021-09-17/

The yanks have apologised for their rash decision of bombing anyone that walked in their warped game of tit for tat. Lack of diligence, intelligence, merely trying to kill as many people as they lost soldiers and they kill 8 innocent kids. Shocking, but they apologise and move on to the next shameful murder.

I get this happens a lot in the world, but this is one of the most careless abuses of power I can recall in a long time. Probably since the last time America dropped bombs on innocent people.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-...led-kabul-drone-strike-last-month-2021-09-17/

If only Al Queda had apologised after 9/11, I'm sure America would have happily forgiven them.

If only Al Queda had apologised after 9/11, I'm sure America would have happily forgiven them.

9/11 or not, it doesn’t justify rash decisions to drop bombs randomly in my opinion. You wouldn’t think that if it were dropped on your car as your kids came to greet you, especially if you worked for an American company. Happens too often, and not so much as an action to review such targets in the future just a “deeply sorry”.

Al-qaeda’s objective is to kill innocent people, it’s like me apologising for my company making a profit for feeding my kids.

9/11 or not, it doesn’t justify rash decisions to drop bombs randomly in my opinion. You wouldn’t think that if it were dropped on your car as your kids came to greet you, especially if you worked for an American company. Happens too often, and not so much as an action to review such targets in the future just a “deeply sorry”.

Al-qaeda’s objective is to kill innocent people, it’s like me apologising for my company making a profit for feeding my kids.

At least it provided a bit of variety. It must get boring drone striking schools and weddings.

At least it provided a bit of variety. It must get boring drone striking schools and weddings.

I’m sure there’s lots of example of this but not the sort of thing I want to Google on a Friday evening!

Incidentally, I’ve absolutely no qualms with taking out 1 or a thousand ISIS/Al-qaeda leaders, soldiers, suicide bombers - and inevitably children will be caught in the cross fire. This one is a massive own goal for me though, the statement says it all about how bothered they are

The French really have their knickers in a twist about AUKUS. I guess I'd be pissed if they cancelled my £48bn contract too.

I don't know if there was anything formal but I've always assumed there was some kind of implied defence agreement between the 3 anyway. Britain and Australia are always the first to supply troops for America's wars.

The French really have their knickers in a twist about AUKUS. I guess I'd be pissed if they cancelled my £48bn contract too.

I don't know if there was anything formal but I've always assumed there was some kind of implied defence agreement between the 3 anyway. Britain and Australia are always the first to supply troops for America's wars.

I was reading about this yesterday and the challenges for the EU of which there were a couple (will try and find the link if I remember where it was published). The EU had no idea this was being discussed along with France, so they’re a bit embarrassed about it all.

The English speaking countries are arming up to the Chinese, which leaves the EU countries in a difficult place. There are very different priorities and thoughts across the European capitals, as the EU isn’t a recognised defence force and some countries would rather investment in different places than sort out geopolitical issues (understandable). The article mentioned an “EU defence” system being talked about again.

Secondly, the EU are trying to build closer economic ties with the Chinese. With Britain and the US stabbing one of the biggest EU military powers in the back, it could become a difficult choice if it comes to China versus the US (though they’d obviously back the US).

The EU can’t even deal with Russia with any force or backbone, so they’re pretty powerless at present when it comes to the issue of China.

Last edited:
I was reading about this yesterday and the challenges for the EU of which there were a couple (will try and find the link if I remember where it was published). The EU had no idea this was being discussed along with France, so they’re a bit embarrassed about it all.

The English speaking countries are arming up to the Chinese, which leaves the EU countries in a difficult place. There are very different priorities and thoughts across the European capitals, as the EU isn’t a recognised defence force and some countries would rather investment in different places than sort out geopolitical issues (understandable). The article mentioned an “EU defence” system being talked about again.

Secondly, the EU are trying to build closer economic ties with the Chinese. With Britain and the US stabbing one of the biggest EU military powers in the back, it could become a difficult choice if it comes to China versus the US (though they’d obviously back the US).

The EU can’t even deal with Russia with any force or backbone, so they’re pretty powerless at present when it comes to the issue of China.
Perhaps if any of the EU countries coughed up their 2% of GDP towards defence spending others might take them more seriously when it comes to defence of the realm.