Hughton sacked | Page 2 | Vital Football

Hughton sacked

We’re only 4 points from safety. Very early doors. Promotion? Most probably not. Safety this season? Absolutely doable.

Plenty of time and points up for grabs to be too downbeat just yet.

The next appointment is of course crucial to survival this season.

I actually thought hughton was going to smack soh when he ran past.

Garner has been poor . A samba sow in the middle would have improved this team..

Bizarrely, Arter in DCM - actually the position he's played his entire career would have helped - Hughton played him CAM - then never gave him another chance.

After Soh was taken off, Carvalho got up & went down the tunnel - he stopped to shake hands with a steward - obviously did not come back out.

At the final whistle, you could tell the players knew, Worrall, Grabban, Yates, Zinca, McKenna looked shell shocked - Brennan looked really upset, Lowe gave his shirt to a youngster in BC lower.

Now they need our support!

For what it’s worth, if there’s anything in Alex Neil being at the ground last night, I’d be pleased. I like him as a manager and think he plays good stuff.

According to Taylor there’d be a queue of people wanting it. Allegedly wilder. The quality of the rest? Not sure.

Probably because of the wages earned for a 6 month stay!

Daniel Taylor said last night that Wilder & Terry were 'red herrings'.

Gerhard Struber, formerly of Barnsley now New York Red Bulls was mentioned - but, could be 2+2 =5

Gerhard Struber, formerly of Barnsley now New York Red Bulls was mentioned - but, could be 2+2 =5

Alex Neil was at the ground. I like him.

Had to go, nice enough bloke but horrible football and terrible results. He may have been let down With transfers but a manager should be able to work with what he's got, there's a half decent side in this squad and he never once got them playing well.

WhI ever comes in needs to kick them up the arse and instill some passion, only a few have shown any and that unacceptable. Be surprised if new guy wasn't in today.

Well it’ll be crucial whoever it is, that’s for sure!

When a manager gets sacked I often feel sorry for them, but I'm afraid as nice a man as CH seems I can't raise any sympathy.
His record over a full year was dreadful and getting worse, some are citing the lack of quality signings as meaning he has been shafted, but while there might be a grain of truth in that this season it is not an argument that stacks up for last season as he had some quality players at championship level at his disposal.
The truth is he either alienated them (for whatever reason) and excommunicated them from the squad or was incapable of setting the team up to get the best from the others.
This season has gone from bad to worse, and the players were clearly unhappy with the lack of direction particularly when subs came on. The young players were in danger of suffering permanent damage to their careers having to play in such a negatively set up team that clearly lacked any cohesion or pattern of play.
I believe the club has been more than fair with the time he has been given to sort things out, but his lack of flexibility and motivational skills made this virtually impossible.
We will never know the real truth about the summer transfer dealings on the face of it he may have been let don somewhat, but whatever the truth is this group of players are capable of better than he was extracting from them. Be interesting to see how is successor gets on. The one thing for certain is that the players & new manager now need the fans to get behind them.