The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 302 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
didnt we do that with Dion Dublin too

No Dublin has already played cb at a decent level before going up front. Towards the end of his career he went back there for a bit.

If we're going through examples you could add Paul warhurst and Chris Sutton. That's 4 in 40 years in the top flight.

The comment is my opinion based on things I've seen.
He attracts the ball and nine out of ten times it sticks, which admittedly he is unable to take advantage of in the box but, especially playing DM he would have a lot more time to disperse the ball accurately.
Playing centre back he probably wouldn't have the same amount of time but, then being a centre back calls for a whole different set tactics.
What I find frustrating is the number of people who will not open their closed minds and even think of such possibilities.
I cannot understand the willingness of supposed fans who rush to hate a player wearing the claret 'n' blue.

Yes let's rush him out..... After 5 years of being useless.

That's one awfully long winded rush!

By your logic we should never sell anyone. Just try them all in different positions.

Why on earth did we get rid of McCormack? He had all the attributes of a DM coz he was a horrible bastard.

He's never bullied anyone in his life. He's spent most of his career being bullied. You could argue that recently he's finally figured out how to hold his own, but I'd bet there's never been a defender leave a football pitch thinking "My god I hope I don't have to play against Keinan Davis again!"

For a big lump he's soft as shit.

I seem to remember him giving the Norwich defenders a very torrid time once. I have a feeling it ended 4-1 but im not certain.

Edit, it was 4-2

HIGHLIGHTS: Aston Villa 4-2 Norwich City - Bing video

Yes let's rush him out..... After 5 years of being useless.

That's one awfully long winded rush!

By your logic we should never sell anyone. Just try them all in different positions.

Why on earth did we get rid of McCormack? He had all the attributes of a DM coz he was a horrible bastard.
Is that the main attribute of a DM then, Kante always comes across as being a nice bloke :innocent:

a) Who is Al Ghazi, and b) does anyone have a link or is it just speculation in unfeasibly large font at this point?

for a mere £15m aswell ?? in todays mad world that is a joke

Doubled our money on someone who is basically a squad player, its not that bad!
Everyone is big on him at the moment because he's scored a couple of penalties and a tap in, but we're only a few games away from him being completely anonymous and getting pelters from most people on here. He's not the sort we need to push us towards the top 6

Doubled our money on someone who is basically a squad player, its not that bad!
Everyone is big on him at the moment because he's scored a couple of penalties and a tap in, but we're only a few games away from him being completely anonymous and getting pelters from most people on here. He's not the sort we need to push us towards the top 6
You'll be missing his two assists at the end of the season, mark my words.

Status
Not open for further replies.