The Leon Bailey Thread | Page 7 | Vital Football

The Leon Bailey Thread

Only until he moves to Real Madrid. (According to his step father/coach/agent/hype man.

There is a real Benteke feeling about this signing.
I don't get that warm feeling he's going to fit in with the rest of the lads.
Money may have gone to his families heads and it's a very difunctional looking family by the look of it.

Pleased to see that Leon Bailey finally signed for Villa overnight. You'd usually expect a signing to be made either at VP or BMH, but hey ho..... he's signed and he is a now a Villa player.

Due in the UK later today...... if there's no more plane delays of course.

Welcome Leon, we're with you bro.

Welcome to the club young man. Excited to have another good young talent signing for our great club as we move onwards and upwards🦁

Official club statement has a quote from DS referring to him as a 'Striker'. Although not primarily, he may be Watkins back up.

Absolute shambles of a 'press conference' that was. Considering this guy runs a sports management company he seemed completely unprofessional... answering his phone during the questions... unreal.

Lets not tar Leon with the same brush though. The article I posted the other day seems to paint him as a good guy and we do seem to have a policy of only signing good guys who would fit in, so I'm sure he'll be fine.

Welcome Leon.

Watched the whole interview with his dad this morning, sounds a bit of a controlling guy, as he’s a manager and agent and obviously wants the best for his son.

Points that stick out that his dad said.

1. Bailey’s top attribute is he is a team player, if the assist is on he will go for that if it’s better than having a shot himself.

2. He trains hard 11/12 months, has a bit of relaxing time with family and might party a bit, but when it comes down to business he trains extremely hard.

3. He would not be sending his son to losers, only to winners.

4. Aston Villa fans, support Leon, he will give you his all, 110% and he’s a warrior he won’t give up, but give him all your support.

5. He can play anywhere up front, he can use both feet, he can cut in from the left or right, but his favoured position is on the right.

I dont care about his agents attitude and the shows been putting on. As long as Leon comes in and grafts and does the business then thats all that matters to me
I agree - all agents from what I can make out are bellends.
Looking at Bailey's background he has dragged himself up from a difficult childhood.
Anyway, the last Caribbean player we had did pretty well for us. "Start spreading the news, he's playing today......"

Yeah, hopefully he's got the skills to back up all of his step-father's yabber.

If he goes off to Real in two seasons for £100m, it will have been a great signing. The circus makes me uncomfortable though.
At this point I'm not going to read too much into it. As far as I see his farther in-law is a one man circus at this stage. It's embarrassing but at least it's not Bailey openly talking/ behaving like that.

Not a great first impression on the off the pitch matters. That Butler bloke seems like he is too far involved in his sons life and wants to be the centre of attention himself. The press conference in Jamaica with this guy rather than at the club? I hope Bailey is committed to this move and is not just being forced by his agent/step dad who presumably we’ve sent a huge amount of money to

I agree - all agents from what I can make out are bellends.
Looking at Bailey's background he has dragged himself up from a difficult childhood.
Anyway, the last Caribbean player we had did pretty well for us. "Start spreading the news, he's playing today......"

He’s more than an agent it’s his adopted dad, they were eating tuna sandwiches was just the very basic meal that they could afford, his dad got kidnapped and robbed, was missing for 4 months trying to sort out a Genk deal for his son, he opened up a football ground for the Jamaican people to play football and to grow their talent, he’s trained Bailey himself from the bottom, practicing free kicks bare foot to get a better feel for the ball, a bit more than your standard agent.