The Great Unveiling (21/22 Predictor Leagues) | Page 10 | Vital Football

The Great Unveiling (21/22 Predictor Leagues)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NRD has installed the CCTV cameras for Walt Hancock and USAF Coladangelo !!!

Walt and USAF , I would be insulted by this. A two faced slimey toad who can't keep his dick in his trousers and woman who uses her charms to get a job and contract for her brother supplying PPE.

It's more like Dominic Cummings insisting Sajid Javed sack all his advisors if he wanted to continue as Chancellor. He resigned as it was against his principles. I have chosen to stick to mine.

You have fun if you want to, this man ain't for turning. The lone hero who stands up and refuses to conform or buckle to the majority. Like Sajid, who has risen to once again guide the ship out of the storm.

I thought that was Bercow :LOL:

Walt n USA, can I ask a question, I do have my Combat Helmet on, lol!.....why a 2 hour and not a 1/2 hour before ko rule, I can see where NRD is coming from but hey! am only a Ex-Serviceman, lol!
Am not taking any sides here, just wondering, I did the same last season, but just shrugged n got on with it, so I thought aw fcuk it ask! if you do not ask you don't get!

Walt n USA, can I ask a question, I do have my Combat Helmet on, lol!.....why a 2 hour and not a 1/2 hour before ko rule, I can see where NRD is coming from but hey! am only a Ex-Serviceman, lol!
Am not taking any sides here, just wondering, I did the same last season, but just shrugged n got on with it, so I thought aw fcuk it ask! if you do not ask you don't get!

With a 30 min rule in place we know the team selections. The management don't want this because the time zones are sleepy nunights all tucked up and cosy. They might be disadvantaged against Englanders. So to make it fair, we are all disadvantaged for the sake of a few. It's only a bit of fun but we all need to be on a level playing field. If it's only fun , the zoners can lump it , but no, got to make it fair fun !!

With a 30 min rule in place we know the team selections. The management don't want this because the time zones are sleepy nunights all tucked up and cosy. They might be disadvantaged against Englanders. So to make it fair, we are all disadvantaged for the sake of a few. It's only a bit of fun but we all need to be on a level playing field. If it's only fun , the zoners can lump it , but no, got to make it fair fun !!

:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

Although I must admit I like being called a zoner. It's quite refreshing compared to what I am usually called.

Guys...comon...be open minded. Rule 7 is simple and elegant.

Part of the fun in forcing everyone to predict before the team selection is announced is to level the playing field. It takes knowledge of players, and crazy metric type research out of the equation...and allows for passion and emotion...and fucking LUCK. (Strategic level)

On the flip side we balance it out by allowing everyone to select the scorers all the way up to kickoff. (Tactical level) This is your chance to get technical and try to maximize your points.

Part of the fun is seeing the lineup after you have made your prediction...and saying "FUCK" to yourself...but then saying "Oh well, let's try and get the scorers and outcome right at least!"

Sorry guys...I love this system...it is evil and flipping brilliant when you look at it all tied together!

Nick, please you're really coming across as pedantic - so it's 'unfair' in your eyes, it is supposed to be fun and enjoyment for all, nothing more. Not to be taken so seriously.

If you can't/won't drop your opposition to their rules (it is they after all who've volunteered to take it on!) then just move on, but I'd rather you just chill, not turn this into a 'matter of principle'; and accept that as the volunteers to do this they're taking on a huge amount of effort and it is for FUN it is not meant to be serious on ANY level for Anyone.

Agreed?

This may be on the wrong thread , but I’ve had it big time with Camelot .
Years and Years and Years I’ve been pouring money into their organisations.
I’ve never had a penny back ,

I wrote them a stinking letter , and ….. WOW ! They have only allowed me to enter the next lottery after the numbers have been drawn .
Isn’t that amazing .

Nick, please you're really coming across as pedantic - so it's 'unfair' in your eyes, it is supposed to be fun and enjoyment for all, nothing more. Not to be taken so seriously.

If you can't/won't drop your opposition to their rules (it is they after all who've volunteered to take it on!) then just move on, but I'd rather you just chill, not turn this into a 'matter of principle'; and accept that as the volunteers to do this they're taking on a huge amount of effort and it is for FUN it is not meant to be serious on ANY level for Anyone.

Agreed?

Matic need not bother giving us the low down on the teams and players then. Nobody is taking it seriously so why put the effort in ?
Rule 7 is an attempt to allow the North Americans to win. They say its fun but its like the Ryder Cup to them.
I'm having fun alright.
USAF is a masochist, he thinks it's fun when you realise you've fecked up and made an arse of yourself.
Walt made a mistake every week but still came third in the league, he should have been docked 10 points each time, he would have had a minus total.
It's fun alright, it will be great watching this unfold as an outsider.

Pompey , I will answer your question . Mate
There would be no problem in having a half an hour before kick off time . None whatsoever .

I made it two hours because there will always be someone who is late , it’s human nature ,and then it’s getting too close to the teams being announced .
And if it’s half an hour, the TV programmes are normally informing all and sundry what info they have gleaned on injuries and what not . So I decided two hours was a good cut off , before any news can be reasonably expected to be broadcast .

The reason why I first brought this in was to make it fair for everyone.
I will qualify that .

If one person gets an unfair advantage over one other person , that makes the whole friendly competition unworthy .

it doesn’t matter a jot how many posters would be unfairly treated if we allowed anybody to post after the teams had been announced . If it were only one , that is one too many .

Let me give you an example

A midweek game kicking off at 8 pm . Teams are announced at 7pm

A poster in parts of Australia , where they are nine hours ahead of us , would have to stay up till 4am ( or get up at 4am ) to have the same level of information as someone posting in this country .
So , reasonably , that poster in Australia would be excused for wanting to post a day early , or when it would be a convenient time for them .
Anyone posting in America would on average be 5 hours behind us which can put that poster at a disadvantage of possibly being at work , and not being able to make themselves aware of the team news .
So they would be reasonably expected to post early .
Again , anyone here in England , not being at work , gets an advantage.

So my rule stopping posters from gaining an unfair advantage , and giving everyone a level playing field , will stand for as long as I am prepared to carry on auditing this fun , fair , interesting and team building competition .
If there is a groundswell of opposition against that , fair enough , I will stand down and let a better person take over .

So my good mate Pompey , that is why .

There would be no problem in having a half an hour before kick off time . None whatsoever .

I made it two hours because there will always be someone who is late , it’s human nature ,and then it’s getting too close to the teams being announced .
And if it’s half an hour, the TV programmes are normally informing all and sundry what info they have gleaned on injuries and what not . So I decided two hours was a good cut off , before any news can be reasonably expected to be broadcast .

I will qualify that .

If one person gets an unfair advantage over one other person , that makes the whole friendly competition unworthy .

it doesn’t matter a jot how many posters would be unfairly treated if we allowed anybody to post after the teams had been announced . If it were only one , that is one too many .

A poster in parts of Australia , where they are nine hours ahead of us , would have to stay up till 4am ( or get up at 4am ) to have the same level of information as someone posting in this country .
So , reasonably , that poster in Australia would be excused for wanting to post a day early , or when it would be a convenient time for them .
Anyone posting in America would on average be 5 hours behind us which can put that poster at a disadvantage of possibly being at work , and not being able to make themselves aware of the team news .

So my rule stopping posters from gaining an unfair advantage , and giving everyone a level playing field , will stand for as long as I am prepared to carry on auditing this fun , fair , interesting and team building competition .
If there is a groundswell of opposition against that , fair enough , I will stand down and let a better person take over .

Which sort if implies that you could keep the score prediction and the goalscorer predictions greater than 1 hour. Then nobody gets to adjust anything when the teams are announced. No advantage, no disadvantage either way.

Hey brother, wasn't ignoring you...hopefully I answered you in my post bit later. You ok?

I will qualify that .

True...and add my thoughts just above your post and we are golden.

Matic need not bother giving us the low down on the teams and players then. Nobody is taking it seriously so why put the effort in ?
Rule 7 is an attempt to allow the North Americans to win. They say its fun but its like the Ryder Cup to them.
I'm having fun alright.
USAF is a masochist, he thinks it's fun when you realise you've fecked up and made an arse of yourself.
Walt made a mistake every week but still came third in the league, he should have been docked 10 points each time, he would have had a minus total.
It's fun alright, it will be great watching this unfold as an outsider.

Ok Nick...I am going to try and not read too much into this...simply going to take this as sarcasm and assume you are poking fun...and leave it at that.

I will qualify that .

Respect...
Walt stands down if he does not prevail, which is what I did.
Both the chuckle brothers asked for suggestions of how to improve the competition. How hollow was that ? My suggestion made it more skillful and considered. It turns out its all about fun and fairness.
I tell you what I'll take part, put me down for 5-0 to us in every game, Son 2, Dele, Moura and our new striker whoever that is. That's as much effort I'm prepared to put in and that's more than it deserves !!

Respect...
Walt stands down if he does not prevail, which is what I did.
Both the chuckle brothers asked for suggestions of how to improve the competition. How hollow was that ? My suggestion made it more skillful and considered. It turns out its all about fun and fairness.
I tell you what I'll take part, put me down for 5-0 to us in every game, Son 2, Dele, Moura and our new striker whoever that is. That's as much effort I'm prepared to put in and that's more than it deserves !!
What suggestion was that Nick . Not sure if you are aware but you did not make any suggestions on that thread . Lots of comments about your master plan but no suggestions about the predictor league . :hmmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.