US Politics Thread | Page 623 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

Press conference today - back on the old China bashing and he wants 10trillion in reparations for Covid.

Thought he didn't believe in it?

Controversial, but in some respects China do have a debt to the world. And if it was a laboratory accident, an even bigger one.

However the punishment should be sorting the developing world out with the virus, not paying America for economic damage.

Not that America will be able to fine the Chinese as such unless they impose sanctions, just use it as leverage in negotiation potentially.

National Review Confirms ‘Startling’ Report On Trump’s Current Grasp Of Reality

But Cooke went even further, saying Trump not only believes he’ll be put back into the Oval Office but also that he will be gifted with a Republican majority in the Senate, believing that two Democrats will be booted from Congress and replaced by the GOP candidates they defeated.
He cautioned conservatives against downplaying or dismissing the report.
“This is not merely an eccentric interpretation of the facts or an interesting foible, nor is it an irrelevant example of anguished post-presidency chatter,” he wrote. “It is a rejection of reality, a rejection of law, and, ultimately, a rejection of the entire system of American government.”

Trump, he wrote, is “so unmoored from the real world that it is hard to know where to begin in attempting to explain him.”...

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/nati...Pp5GhY6J3PZNEx7Dn-OF2pX2oq1xunBZFx4fxuPLWCVyw

US non-farming payroll missed its target. Labour force participation actually fell. Lots of anecdotes about companies not being able to fill jobs.

Biden is going to come under pressure to cut back on stimulus payments.

I wonder if it will impact on his proposed infrastructure bill.

National Review Confirms ‘Startling’ Report On Trump’s Current Grasp Of Reality

But Cooke went even further, saying Trump not only believes he’ll be put back into the Oval Office but also that he will be gifted with a Republican majority in the Senate, believing that two Democrats will be booted from Congress and replaced by the GOP candidates they defeated.
He cautioned conservatives against downplaying or dismissing the report.
“This is not merely an eccentric interpretation of the facts or an interesting foible, nor is it an irrelevant example of anguished post-presidency chatter,” he wrote. “It is a rejection of reality, a rejection of law, and, ultimately, a rejection of the entire system of American government.”

Trump, he wrote, is “so unmoored from the real world that it is hard to know where to begin in attempting to explain him.”...

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/nati...Pp5GhY6J3PZNEx7Dn-OF2pX2oq1xunBZFx4fxuPLWCVyw
I was watching one of Trumps supporters on CNN last night and he is convinced that its going to happen in August. He was saying that the Supreme Court are going to overturn the election result and Trump would be in the WH in August.
Disillusioned or what. (Ah just gooled the info its the businessman of My pillow.)

US non-farming payroll missed its target. Labour force participation actually fell. Lots of anecdotes about companies not being able to fill jobs.

Biden is going to come under pressure to cut back on stimulus payments.

I wonder if it will impact on his proposed infrastructure bill.

I highly doubt he's doing this but could this mad fuck be using unemployment to artificially force higher wages? Supply/Demand is now starting to create decent benefits for people. Some companies are offering 20-25/hr now.

I highly doubt he's doing this but could this mad fuck be using unemployment to artificially force higher wages? Supply/Demand is now starting to create decent benefits for people. Some companies are offering 20-25/hr now.

I think it's all temporary supply/demand issues. Demand has come roaring back but the supply isn't there across a range of industries and sectors.

I'm tapping into all this stuff from an economic angle and there is a big debate on whether the current inflation is permanent and caused by the MMT money printing that Biden (and also Trump) did or if it's temporary caused by the economic disruption of covid.

I think it's all temporary supply/demand issues. Demand has come roaring back but the supply isn't there across a range of industries and sectors.

I'm tapping into all this stuff from an economic angle and there is a big debate on whether the current inflation is permanent and caused by the MMT money printing that Biden (and also Trump) did or if it's temporary caused by the economic disruption of covid.

I think it's also because people aren't going to kill themselves working for small wages for a company that doesn't care about their workers. Many people have started working for themselves, reevaluating what they really want to do and some have just decided to leave the workforce all together. Unemployment benefits are half of what your average monthly salary has been for the past 18 months, so nobody is getting rich off of unemployment. Also nobody is getting rich off of the stimulus payments of $3,200 for adults that made under $80,000.

Another mass shooting today - this time in good ole Texas and the blue city of Austin.

THE POLICE WERE THERE and he still got his shots off and escaped.

https://www.kut.org/crime-justice/2...ng-on-sixth-street-austin-police-seek-suspect

"We need adequate staffing (100%) for all depts in Public Safety," Austin Police Association member Bino Cadenas tweeted. "Many of my friends, worked this incident & said it was chaotic."

No you don't, this is like treating a symptom rather than treating the cause. Anyway we've been through this a million times.

Another mass shooting today - this time in good ole Texas and the blue city of Austin.

THE POLICE WERE THERE and he still got his shots off and escaped.

https://www.kut.org/crime-justice/2...ng-on-sixth-street-austin-police-seek-suspect

"We need adequate staffing (100%) for all depts in Public Safety," Austin Police Association member Bino Cadenas tweeted. "Many of my friends, worked this incident & said it was chaotic."

No you don't, this is like treating a symptom rather than treating the cause. Anyway we've been through this a million times.

The only thing that slowed down mass shootings was a global pandemic. This will never change and will continue to get worse. Here in SC we just signed up an open carry bill for concealed weapon permit holders AND got rid of the $50 fee for applying for a permit.

I don't know how much longer the USA will be around. We are a failing country.

If the US won't ever understand how words work in its own Constitution there has to be as many hoops to jump through as possible before you get your hands on anything.

A 50 fee isn't a lot but even if it makes a few people have to wait a week it's worth it.

Very sad @SiggyBrownie because there is so much good about America and so many good people. But it does seem to be in serious trouble doesn't it?

In my opinion it is in serious trouble. Politicians are openly saying they will not work with members of the other party and are celebrated by their party members. Media is creating a massive divide between the parties as well, nobody wants to accept any blame.

There is a major lack of empathy in this country and it will be our downfall.

If the US won't ever understand how words work in its own Constitution there has to be as many hoops to jump through as possible before you get your hands on anything.

A 50 fee isn't a lot but even if it makes a few people have to wait a week it's worth it.

It's not for the background check, it's the fee for applying for the permit. FFS, if you can't afford the $50 fee how the f@ck are you going to be a responsible gun owner?

Yes, sorry Sig, I was talking no further than it being a barrier to ownership.

There should be a fee for background check, permit, every hoop you can find even if it only delays the inevitable and some people have to wait a week before they can save up and pay it.