The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 128 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
People rate that Ashley Preece for info, he reckons there’s no way we’re spending £100m this summer it’ll be lower.

No idea how he’d know that but I think we’ll still hit around that figure.
Ashley Preece Knows about as much as the average supporter listening to Greg Evans on the 1874/Athletic podcast this morning Greg Evans says It's now very hard to transfer info out of Aston Villa. I would be believing Greg rather than the never ending click bait that is the Birmingham mail

Yes, exactly my thinking unless we get him for 10m and we have 100m to spend. that's why I'm asking how much we could spend when all clubs are skint except those willing to spend the owners money
My thinking is that they spend whatever they need to keep Grealish. We won't be able to buy a player of such quality and we'd be set back arguably years if he goes. So a bare minimum is a free kick taker like Ward Prouse. Might as we splash the cash whilst others skint and ffp seems up in the air

I disagree with that. I thought he was awful until January and was one of his biggest critics on here, but think he's been very solid since then.

Crap for England though.
100%. The old adage "You're only as good as your last game" getting stretched to breaking point. He had some truly outstanding performances throughout last season, with a small dip for a few games.

100%. The old adage "You're only as good as your last game" getting stretched to breaking point. He had some truly outstanding performances throughout last season, with a small dip for a few games.

I like Mings but central defence is one key area where there just isn’t any competition for places. Hause is decent as an injury/suspension cover but he’s never going to be pushing for a regular starting position ahead of Mings or Konsa. Engels didn’t play a single minute last season so is clearly not in our plans in any capacity at all.

I think we need 3 good centre backs who can compete with each other for game time, and then a reasonable 4th choice back up who can step up when required (I.e. Hause).

I like Mings but central defence is one key area where there just isn’t any competition for places. Hause is decent as an injury/suspension cover but he’s never going to be pushing for a regular starting position ahead of Mings or Konsa. Engels didn’t play a single minute last season so is clearly not in our plans in any capacity at all.

I think we need 3 good centre backs who can compete with each other for game time, and then a reasonable 4th choice back up who can step up when required (I.e. Hause).
I agree we need competition despite our 15 clean sheets we still shipped in 46? goals in the other 23 games, 2 per game hence us losing 15 games. Needs to be improved on either by players upping their games or with better players. We do however look far stronger with Ezri at right-back and the Hause in the centre.

we need better than we have rather than squad fillers - so someone better than Mings (or Konsa) if we're after another centrehalf.
Unless it's the type of signing that has massive potential - maybe the French kid is another 'Fofana' type (in midfield rather than centrehalf.)

No-one signed today so far - #shambles

Ashley Preece Knows about as much as the average supporter listening to Greg Evans on the 1874/Athletic podcast this morning Greg Evans says It's now very hard to transfer info out of Aston Villa. I would be believing Greg rather than the never ending click bait that is the Birmingham mail

My thought process is the same, others on here name drop him all the time like he’s ITK.

Still think we’re a CB short unless they suddenly trust him Engels, normally you’d like 5 CB’s we haven’t even got ELM to call upon.

An unless they’re giving Guilbert another shot then we still need another RB, I know we have a couple of youngsters coming through but they’re just that youngsters, you can’t rely on them if one of your players is out for the season.

LB, RB, CB, Keeper, Striker and possibly another winger.

Trezeguet is out for the season, I can see Wesley moving on, Traore needs competition.

I don’t expect another 6 signings but definitely 4-5 more.

Last edited:
If we're going to improve on Mings and/or Konsa at CB, we're going to need to spend the rest of our budget on a centre back that Pool or Man U will be wanting too. I don't see that happening. There aren't enough players of that quality in the world.

I think we have to be looking at a relatively young CB from abroad who can be eased in gently and improved. Let's be honest, with those two ahead of him and Hause, they have time.

Same goes for fullback, striker and no.6.

I'd go 3 younger players with potential we promise to develop and one more big money move. If we do that then we're set for a loooong time, especially with our FA boys coming in.

Very modern bit of news but apparently this Pape Sarr kid is liking and following lots of Villa related stuff on Instagram. Seems a silly thing to read into but also seems odd an 18 year old Senegalese kid playing in France would suddenly be loving Villas social media output.

If he was £15-20m with add ons I could see some legs in this rumour, but I'd be very surprised if we splashed out the best part of £30m for an 18 year old who isnt going to be a regular in the starting line up from day one

Very modern bit of news but apparently this Pape Sarr kid is liking and following lots of Villa related stuff on Instagram. Seems a silly thing to read into but also seems odd an 18 year old Senegalese kid playing in France would suddenly be loving Villas social media output.
His agent told him to follow us :ROFLMAO:. Who says they'd get £30m for an 18yr old playing in the French League - was he ever on Liverpool's books cos that'd up his value.

Status
Not open for further replies.