2021 Summer Transfer Thread | Page 42 | Vital Football

2021 Summer Transfer Thread

I could be wrong but any transfer snippets we are hearing of..if true..are just past mistakes being repeated.

Yeah no names that have popped up are inspiring confidence that they learned a lesson, we need a few younger hungry players with energy. The lack of energy and pace the last couple of seasons has made us very boring and predictable, if we carry this on we will run out of luck and end up in the bottom 3.

I heard he's a Forest fan so if he comes, hopefully it won't just be on holiday like most of the players we sign of his age are.
He is 30 though and largely been unheard of for the last few years so even as a fan I am not sure how much use we will get from him. Would live to see him do well if he does arrive but at the same time I wouldn’t be heart-broken if he went elsewhere.

I heard he's a Forest fan so if he comes, hopefully it won't just be on holiday like most of the players we sign of his age are.
He has also played full back, as well as midfield, so could be useful to have in the squad on a free.

I could be wrong but any transfer snippets we are hearing of..if true..are just past mistakes being repeated.

The Clucas rumour comes from Nixon.

Nixon appears to have contacts at USM, who represent Clucas - he was the first one the mention Jokanovic going to the Blades, who is also represented by USM.

It looks to me like Nixon doing a favour for USM in putting the Clucas name out there.

I think Stoke may struggle to move him; he has a year left on a well paid contract and will want compensating for moving.

Why should Clubs take the risk when there are so many players out there without a Club

The Clucas rumour comes from Nixon.

Nixon appears to have contacts at USM, who represent Clucas - he was the first one the mention Jokanovic going to the Blades, who is also represented by USM.

It looks to me like Nixon doing a favour for USM in putting the Clucas name out there.

I think Stoke may struggle to move him; he has a year left on a well paid contract and will want compensating for moving.

Why should Clubs take the risk when there are so many players out there without a Club

How is Carter, chap?

He was a good player half a dozen years ago...

Yeah. Most of the players we end up signing would have been good signings 10 years previously.

Maybe our scouting team only has copies of Football Manager to do their jobs and their most up-to-date copy is Football Manager 2010/11?

We've just been discussing them...

The likes of Sow, Ameobi and Watson were never alienated.

Sow effectively went on strike when he found out he was not being retained and Ameobi also downed tools.

That is unprofessional behaviour and has nothing to do with being alienated.

Watson made it clear he wanted to move closer to home.

The likes of Sow, Ameobi and Watson were never alienated.

Sow effectively went on strike when he found out he was not being retained and Ameobi also downed tools.

That is unprofessional behaviour and has nothing to do with being alienated.

Watson made it clear he wanted to move closer to home.
If that’s the case then fair enough to the first two but Watson did well for us and carried on doing so. Wanting a move closer to home shouldn’t be sufficient to alienate him and if it was the that reflects poorly on the club rather than the player.