2021 Summer Transfer Thread | Page 40 | Vital Football

2021 Summer Transfer Thread

Who is saying he isn't good enough for us? Who has said he is only suited to a slower league?

My point about him a while ago was a general one about he loaners; we could easily blow our entire transfer budget twice over signing all the loaners permanently and, hey presto! We'd had a team just about capable of scoring 52 points and the lowest goals per game rate in our history.

Krovinovic has pretty poor end product for an attacking midfielder/winger at this level, particularly one who aspires to be in promotion sides. His stats are saying that, not me.

And while I fully agree with you about the other valuable contributions he can (and at times, does) make, the reality is that we desperately need wingers/AMs with an end product because we don't have that currently.

Me. He was shit

I take your point about the Leagues but could it also be to do with our style of play and those around him in the team?

I imagine he'd have looked good at a Brentford or Barnsley.

He would look great in those sides. He would suddenly be doing something he hasnt done in his whole career thus far, scoring and creating.

he flatters to deceive. The only good thing was he was always there to collect the ball, like any number 10 should

At what? He played number 10. How many assists, how many goals?
And how many did anyone else get? He held the ball better and moved it better. That he didn’t assist and/or score more isn’t entirely down to him either. He was playing in a dogshit side and is a reason we survived.

Freeman proved to be utterly gash and it could be argued all three are wingers.
Lolley is the only genuine winger of the three. Knockaert and Freeman both have played in the central attacking role.

Had either of them played to what we thought they could then Krov wouldn’t have been signed but as it was, even being goal shy, Krov looked far better than either of them put together.

We do need goals and if Krov is in the side thats one position that we get less goals from, not good.
I must say, despite me ravving BJ up a lot, I dont think he's a number 10 at all.
We need a goal scoring number 9 and a goalscoring number 10 (what real striker wouldnt take the 9 shirt Grabban?) at the very least. Weve seen we need like 40 goals more than this season in reality to do well

The reason our interest in Krovinovic has cooled is down to the amount wanted by Benfica, 8m euro.

No one is going to pay that amount for a player with one year left on his contract.

I see him worth a 2 million.

If we have what? 10 million to outlay, at a push mind... That isnt much but better than having 20 and no Woz in my opinion,

With those finances, I reckon we will get in like 3 loans from premiership clubs. Young good uns. That just seems the logical approach right now.
Maybe spend on 2 or 3 half decent other players and get in a freebie.. maybe even Assombalonga.. So we can still do things with 10m

Lolley is the only genuine winger of the three. Knockaert and Freeman both have played in the central attacking role.

Had either of them played to what we thought they could then Krov wouldn’t have been signed but as it was, even being goal shy, Krov looked far better than either of them put together.

As a guy who watched Roberston I dont really see Lolley as a winger at all, rarely crosses and half of those are shit, always comes inside to shoot with his left peg and was worked out last year, way before the crappy season just gone with his on going injuries and slow to get to fitness stature he has.
Maybe hes a right sided player of 3 attacking players behind a striker. Sounds about right :)

Does anyone know if the NEP story regarding Sow's contract not being renewed was accompanied by an image of Alex Mighten or Tyrese Fornah?

They do have previous for that kind of fuck up