2021 Summer Transfer Thread | Page 44 | Vital Football

2021 Summer Transfer Thread

Hopefully Hughton will be given the resources he would like to turn us into a promotion chasing club. He speaks well about consistency both in relation to management but also players and how this can build over time.
Fingers crossed we can keep Worrall (not convinced we will given the climate we are in) and hughton can bring in players that reflect the style of play he wants. Lets face it, the man has a proven record as a manager and getting teams promoted.
Other than having to sell Worrall, I am concerned that we just get a manager that fits and he is then poached by a premier team in decline!

Hopefully Hughton will be given the resources he would like to turn us into a promotion chasing club. He speaks well about consistency both in relation to management but also players and how this can build over time.
Fingers crossed we can keep Worrall (not convinced we will given the climate we are in) and hughton can bring in players that reflect the style of play he wants. Lets face it, the man has a proven record as a manager and getting teams promoted.
Other than having to sell Worrall, I am concerned that we just get a manager that fits and he is then poached by a premier team in decline!

One of our biggest issues last season, was that Sabri gave the players extra time off - after the horrendous end to that season.... and it was obvious in those early games how unfit we were. Compounded by the injuries to Worrall, Lolley, Grabban etc.

Sabri's position was unclear too and as CP & others point out, the recruitment was incoherent.

Bringing in 14 players - a mix of unknown foreigners, experienced Championship players and then selling Cash/Silva - we were on the back front from the beginning, unfit/disjointed and then we sack Sabri.

I'd wondered if another team may come in for Hughton too, but I'd like to think he wants to get the job done at Forest and I do think he's the best chance we've had of doing so for a while.

Have we signed anyone yet?

I mean, I'm not that quick at getting things done now I've retired. But I ordered a raised bed kit last Wednesday (6' x 3', two planks high) - it arrived on Saturday - I found that the smallest drill bit was just right to make holes for the screws, and assembled it within an hour on Sunday.

I'd already ordered some extra compost and I've tipped some in, but I need a few more bags to finish the job.

If I can manage that, I'd hope Hughton can pull a couple of rabbits out of the hat between now and the start of the season.

I mean, I'm not that quick at getting things done now I've retired. But I ordered a raised bed kit last Wednesday (6' x 3', two planks high) - it arrived on Saturday - I found that the smallest drill bit was just right to make holes for the screws, and assembled it within an hour on Sunday.

I'd already ordered some extra compost and I've tipped some in, but I need a few more bags to finish the job.

If I can manage that, I'd hope Hughton can pull a couple of rabbits out of the hat between now and the start of the season.

Doesn't the window open Thursday?

The window does not open until Wednesday

Doesn't the window open Thursday?
Fair enough, we won't be signing anyone till then!

Just getting that twitchy pre-season feeling, knowing we have a decent manager with good contacts and hoping we make some really astute signings. Must be patient and focus on the cricket season!

Fair enough, we won't be signing anyone till then!

Just getting that twitchy pre-season feeling, knowing we have a decent manager with good contacts and hoping we make some really astute signings. Must be patient and focus on the cricket season!

many of the links sound poor so far, Clucas etc... Im hoping its a few top premiership loanee kids, hence we don't hear much about em

Dont get ahead of yourself, nothing we have seen so far shows he is a good fit yet, Neither results or performances and he was hardly snapped up by other Prem clubs was he? Remember he spent 30k a week on Murray and made Grabban captain, both a farce. All hes done well is get a kid on loan who was guaranteed his spot and couldnt drop him so he didnt really have a say there. :)

One of our biggest issues last season, was that Sabri gave the players extra time off - after the horrendous end to that season.... and it was obvious in those early games how unfit we were. Compounded by the injuries to Worrall, Lolley, Grabban etc.

Sabri's position was unclear too and as CP & others point out, the recruitment was incoherent.

Bringing in 14 players - a mix of unknown foreigners, experienced Championship players and then selling Cash/Silva - we were on the back front from the beginning, unfit/disjointed and then we sack Sabri.

I'd wondered if another team may come in for Hughton too, but I'd like to think he wants to get the job done at Forest and I do think he's the best chance we've had of doing so for a while.

we fooked it in january window with the previous 2 managers, kranky too of course. This time around we didnt do much but enough, still cost us a bomb tho as referenced earlier

Dont get ahead of yourself, nothing we have seen so far shows he is a good fit yet, Neither results or performances and he was hardly snapped up by other Prem clubs was he? Remember he spent 30k a week on Murray and made Grabban captain, both a farce. All hes done well is get a kid on loan who was guaranteed his spot and couldnt drop him so he didnt really have a say there. :)

Are you saying Garner was playing too well that he couldn't be dropped, or that there was a clause in his contract specifying he would always feature in the first team?
Your sentence reads as the latter...