Terror Attacks | Page 36 | Vital Football

Terror Attacks

Shooters name is apparently Ahmad al-Aliwi al-Issa, so in the Twittersphere the left have gone quiet after shouting "white supremacist" and the right are now having a field day.

Highly doubtful either side give a shit about any of the dead.
I just dont get the gobby lefties. I just dont get them. If its a white person guilty they scream and shout and loud as possible.
Anyone else guilty and its like, oh well. Hush hush hush. What is with that??????
But your right.. both scenarios they dont give a fuck about the victim.

Yeah, it seems to be tough to get anything done. The thing is, there are some restrictions already, so widening these wouldn't infringe the rights set out under the Constitution.

With the House and Senate this could be the time for Biden to get it done.

Good luck with that... (My first thought) when anyone talks about gun laws over there.

I imagine that the trend is youngsters are generally against gun ownership, whilst the elder generation are more for it. But as the young get older, there is dilution of their views, so it’ll take a very long time for the momentum to swing.

The best Biden can do is to bring in more regulation on the sale of guns - even simple licensing would be a start surely, on the evolution journey.

Plenty more mass shootings to come to a school near you in the US I would’ve thought.

90% of Americans polled consistently support background checks for all gun sales. But when House Democrats introduced a bill earlier this month making background checks universal, all but eight Republicans voted against it. And forget about even turning this bill into law.

Why on earth would they vote against background checks? That's just insane.

They can still keep their stupid guns can't they?

There were some charts on the BBC below, I was struggling to get my brain around the commentary to it but the first chart suggests almost a 50:50 split between 18-29 year olds wanting to control gun rights and those want to protect gun rights. It suggests that the support for those wanting to control gun rights has gone down.

In another article, the yanks have had record sales of guns since FBI records began which happened last March, as people feared social unrest. Without doubt there is more to come in the US, it’ll probably get worse before it gets better.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41488081

They'd tick the home grown box for me given how often they act up.

I certainly don't wish it on the people of the country, but must admit I gave a rye smile when they banged up 'the human rights leader' who'd lied out of her arse for them for the last few years.

Karma it seems, can be a bitch.

Just a shame everyone else is wrapped up in it as well.

They'd tick the home grown box for me given how often they act up.

I certainly don't wish it on the people of the country, but must admit I gave a rye smile when they banged up 'the human rights leader' who'd lied out of her arse for them for the last few years.

Karma it seems, can be a bitch.

Just a shame everyone else is wrapped up in it as well.

That enraged me, how could someone like her who was educated over here and had all sorts of honorary degrees “lead” like, persecuting others. The other thought I had, is that she’s in between a rock and a hard place with the military and the way they are, perhaps her arrest was always inevitable and would’ve been speeded up had she spoke out? Think she was just a puppet for the military at the end.

I can't spell it without checking, but who the bloody hell is Jane lol

Well she wasn't exactly achieving much good with the arse covering, so if she was as principled as painted she wouldn't have slowed down the action. Although granted that's easier for me to say because we don't quite know what was going on behind closed doors anyway.

Just the way it's played out she has totally wrecked her credibility and whilst she could've called for support and action, that would now fall on deaf eyes so Myanmar is in an even worse position because she looked like she was focused on keeping her job and whatever treats originally came with that.

That enraged me, how could someone like her who was educated over here and had all sorts of honorary degrees “lead” like, persecuting others. The other thought I had, is that she’s in between a rock and a hard place with the military and the way they are, perhaps her arrest was always inevitable and would’ve been speeded up had she spoke out? Think she was just a puppet for the military at the end.

As much as the Western liberals embraced her, she is trapped inside the confines of Myanmar politics. There was large scale public support for the "ethnic cleansing" of the Rohingya in Myanmar. They are considered to be Bangladeshi migrants in Myanmar but Bangladesh doesn't want them back either.

Also, despite the transition to democracy, the military held (hold) all of the power. They can do as they wish and she had no authority over them. Even if she tried to do something about it, they would have paid no attention to her.

The third thing is that she won a huge amount of support in the West by being elegant and silent. She didn't say much so the West just painted their ideals on her in their minds. She's not a Western style liberal lefty. Perhaps she's a Myanmar style liberal lefty but that's a very different thing.