The Wesley Moræs Thread | Page 65 | Vital Football

The Wesley Moræs Thread

For those of you who think Wesley is the answer here's his 60 mins against Leeds u23's for those who haven' seen it, Fast forwards to the good bits.
It's actually quite an eye-opener to some of our other players. Arron Ramsey Chucky Hause steer Engels Barry etc

I don't think anyone is saying he is "the answer".

I think most of us would just like to see him make his way back from a career-threatening injury (assault, more accurately) and to have an opportunity to contribute in a team which is in better shape than the inexperienced mess he was in last season.

He was near unplayable against Burnley in the game which nearly finished his career - was he finally finding his feet or just a flash in the pan? Who knows for sure?

But give the guy a (second) chance. We are hardly blessed with an abundance of forwards. Let's see what he can bring to the table.

I wouldn’t read too much into what is effectively a friendly game for him just back after a long injury. I suspect the young players like to raise their game a bit when playing a well known pro, whilst the pro just tries to get through unscathed to a large extent.

My honest thoughts about Wes are well known, but I’m on the second chance saloon train to be positive.

Does Wesley become the biggest flop in Villa history at £22m if he doesn’t perform? Injuries like this are career damaging, many players don’t come back from it near the levels they were able to play at regularly, and let’s be honest - his levels were hardly that high anyway.

Does Wesley become the biggest flop in Villa history at £22m if he doesn’t perform? Injuries like this are career damaging, many players don’t come back from it near the levels they were able to play at regularly, and let’s be honest - his levels were hardly that high anyway.

Can't see how anyone that isn't Ross Mccormack could be the biggest flop in our history.

He can't be a flop he's getting better with each passing game.
I'm looking forwards to seeing this new Wesley, I obviously missed something when I was watching the old one.

Wes needs games and the opportunity to establish himself in a decent Villa team, he had scored in the game he got injured in and in fairness to him he was playing in a struggling team. Kodjia was never the same player after his Injury but I think Wes will be the foil for Ollie. People were calling for the return on Benteke last season in a desperate bid to survive.

Give Wes a chance.

Was it Deano shouting "Wes get in the box" when that cross from SJM came in and Ollie headed it across to Davis?
2 mins to go and you have to tell him to get in the box. We had two players against about 6 defenders.

Was it Deano shouting "Wes get in the box" when that cross from SJM came in and Ollie headed it across to Davis?
2 mins to go and you have to tell him to get in the box. We had two players against about 6 defenders.

Its pointless debating with you or having anything positive to say about Wes, you would find fault with his fucking haircut, he was brought on with 89 minutes on the clock and you are berating his performance. Jesus Christ you need to have a look at your self and your posts in this thread, give the bloke a chance.

Its pointless debating with you or having anything positive to say about Wes, you would find fault with his fucking haircut, he was brought on with 89 minutes on the clock and you are berating his performance. Jesus Christ you need to have a look at your self and your posts in this thread, give the bloke a chance.

He had 21 games mate how long does he need, I explain why I don't think he's very good, nobody can tell me why he is, They can only hope he improves which means nobody thinks he has been good?
I'll debate with anyone, not sure if you've got out of bed on the wrong side col but what did I say only the Deano was shouting get in the box to a bloke who is a Centre forward and had been brought on to try and score. Just another one of his many failings.

Has he got a good touch, is he a good header of the ball , can he beat a man has he got a football brain? Can he shoot with both feet? Is he fast? Can he even hold of a challenge without rolling on the floor pretending to be injured?

Please tell me why he's going to come back after injury and be better than he was, he's actually more like not to be as good really.

I read a lot of people "hoping" he'll get better? I hope he'll get better but I haven't seen anything in him to suggest he will.
We ALL hope he gets better, we all want him to be Harry Kane or even John Carew, I hope I win the Lottery but we need more than HOPE.