European Super League | Page 5 | Vital Football

European Super League

Man City have now told organisers they don’t want to be part of the new super league
think they massively underestimated the depth of feeling on this

The edifice, which has not even dug the foundations, is crumbling.

Chelsea and City pulling out and the other 10 have 'held discussions'

TOO LATE ! Not allowed to reneague on deal!!! Tell em’ to do one. We would manage quite well without em👍

I don't think there was any chance of the Premier League throwing the six clubs out, the clubs have tested the water and will revisit it a later date. The Premier league without the 6 clubs would be less of an attraction to future tv deals and the Premier League are well aware of it, like it or not that's a fact.

Surprised you didn't mention Blackburn, remind me who else have won it, what do they say every dog has it's day when is it our turn.
Never if they get the closed shop they’re after
we know we won’t as things are now but if the princes family did step in at some time who’s to say we couldn’t in the future the point is it’s possible, like winning the jackpot on the lottery I know but there’s plenty of millionaires sitting pretty who thought it would never happen to them

pigs are winning btw

I'd settle for an extended stay in the top division, and not just there to make the numbers up, a real tilt at the cups would be great. I don't think the Prince is here for the long haul, we have looked for a billionaire owner for years and ended up with a bog roll prince so I won't hold my breath.

Zero interest in our neighbours we have enough of our own problems, but thanks anyway.
The pig score wasn’t specifically for you it was to the board plenty of us wanting them down in the pub league hopefully it’s a slight hiccup

Edwards stepped down at Man U and juve exec does same
try again in 5yrs or so

rinse repeat

Ed Woodward Bully

The Edwards family went a while ago.

Louis Edwards was a local butcher , going back to the old days of local ownership.A director of the company I worked for was desperate to get involved with Manure so we had to buy or meat from his company.

We were invited to a 'do' with him and thought we were getting the full OT tour with lunch.
We ended up being shown round his butchery workshop!!

The game of football has long disappeared from what we remember it, being about football and not money orientated but lets say this goes ahead. How would the likes of Leicester feel if they became the top dogs and won Premier League year in, year out but not given a place in the Champions League and earning the riches it brings.
I don't think this new"Super European League" need prevent other European competitions taking place.

The Prem has been in existence for decades.
It is part of a pyramid structure.

This new money grab is the antithesis of that. A closed shop.

I do agree with this and I still don't understand why I'd say anything other than
I'm happy with the Prem and the Sky money but more so when we are in it. Did I
or did you not understand me SBT?

There will be a great deal of to froing from each party and a compromise will be reached it's just the biggest clubs testing the water again who will be the winners I can probably guess but i'll wait and see. The Premiership was initiated by the bigger clubs to generate more revenue for themselves, the other clubs are there basically to make the numbers up the SL is just an extension of that process.
Not an extension because of teh 23 year rule. Nothing against the money just the lack of opportunity to be part of it for any club in the Prem other than the 6.