European Super League | Page 7 | Vital Football

European Super League

oh, they're at it already...

View attachment 47780

They just don't get it do they. Deluded fools.

The whole purpose of this exercise is to provide these clubs with a virtual closed shop.
Nobody outside of this league will attract a Chelsea/Man City type owner ever again, why would they invest in a club that isn't part of it ?

And it's not so long ago that Chelsea or Man City wouldn't have even been considered for this new league and people would have laughed at them if they considered themselves worthy of a place.

I think authorities need to be very careful in what they say or do. Threatening to kick them out of competitions and leagues simply isn't enough. Simon Jordan made an interesting point several months ago on TalkSport. Most of these clubs have American owners and if you think of the game over there (American football and soccer) it's monopolised with franchised clubs and more importantly they have a league system that doesn't include relegation- which is what these clubs want. They aren't botherd playing same teams year in, year out as long as it earns them billions. I don't think players would lose face over not representing there county either and there would be nothing stopping them from setting up there own World Cup with non FIFA registered players. They'd be able to cream all the best players in the world (like they already do) and pay them 3-4 times there current wages. There is a big risk that the Premier League could be turned into Scottish PL, with too few clubs having the quality to properly compete in the league. Clubs could quite easily just walk away and do this anyway.

There's nothing I'd enjoy more than seeing these franchised clubs being moved to Paris or Madrid

The teams that join it should be kicked out of domestic leagues and cups.

It would be fantastic if all European domestic leagues bit the bullet, dug their heels in and stuck to their guns.

Being voted out of the Super League and being replaced by another club would mean you have nowhere left to go. Now that would be karma

I'm sure it was between 1999-2001, those with better memories than myself. There was a suggestion to form a European Elite League - or something along those lines. It was going to be 2 divisions with 16-24 teams in each league. If I recall, Sheffield United was listed as one of those teams and would have played in Division 2, had it gone ahead. I'll have to do further research but I believe that Blades supporters at the time were quite in favour of this. If so, what's different?

I'm sure it was between 1999-2001, those with better memories than myself. There was a suggestion to form a European Elite League - or something along those lines. It was going to be 2 divisions with 16-24 teams in each league. If I recall, Sheffield United was listed as one of those teams and would have played in Division 2, had it gone ahead. I'll have to do further research but I believe that Blades supporters at the time were quite in favour of this. If so, what's different?
I thought the proposal was to do with two Prem divs but at my age?

Lots of discussion about how to punish the Shameful Six and many saying points deductions would be unfair as that punishes the players and the fans.

Why is it unfair in the PL but fine for Wigan, Bury, Macclesfield etc who had points deduction for........................................... the actions of their owners when running the clubs?

Double standards for the big boys- again

I'm sure the lawyers will be rubbing hands with glee if the Premiership attempt to attempt a points deduction. Man City successful contested their ban from Europe, money talks in any walk of life. Any monetary fines will be ultimately be paid for by the fans, increased ticket prices or a rise in price of merchandise.

I'm sure the lawyers will be rubbing hands with glee if the Premiership attempt to attempt a points deduction. Man City successful contested their ban from Europe, money talks in any walk of life. Any monetary fines will be ultimately be paid for by the fans, increased ticket prices or a rise in price of merchandise.
Perhaps the 6 clubs could be told to loan FOC 2 players each. One to each of the clubs going down and one to each of the clubs coming up. That would help even things up 😂

Perhaps the 6 clubs could be told to loan FOC 2 players each. One to each of the clubs going down and one to each of the clubs coming up. That would help even things up 😂

I'd be surprised if there is more than a slap on the wrist. I imagine the Premier League are emitting a deep sigh of relieve they have returned to the fold. Like it or not the Premier League would have been a poorer product to the TV companies when renewing contracts without the six clubs, sad but true.

I'd be surprised if there is more than a slap on the wrist. I imagine the Premier League are emitting a deep sigh of relieve they have returned to the fold. Like it or not the Premier League would have been a poorer product to the TV companies when renewing contracts without the six clubs, sad but true.
Interesting to see how binding the contracts were with the ESL that could be a much harder financial punishment.