European Super League | Page 6 | Vital Football

European Super League

So, Pep says joining the new euro league would remove competitiveness...
So doesn’t spending 960 million on his squad do likewise. Just a thought🤔
I think all 6, and more, are guilty on that count.
You can't be 'more guilty' because you spent more than another club.

If the owners need more money all they have to do is stop paying the Obscene Salaries to the players. If this was done by them all in two or years more realistic salaries might return.
Exactly.
If the clubs want to spread the money around better (they don't) just put a salary cap on players and managers wages,worldwide, equivalent of say £100k per month max.

Can't see many packing in if they can only earn £1.2m each year.

See the EFL are jumping on the grass roots uprising and saying the PL should filter more down the pyramid, the EFL gets 90m a year from TV whilst the Pl gets 2.8BILLION.

Let's hope the power of the people prevails and spreads the moneydownwards

Owners of the six English clubs involved with the European Super League must "beg for forgiveness", says former Liverpool defender Stephen Warnock.

There must be a competition with football pundits for the weirdest rant. I assume he knows these owners are multi billionaires and they didn't become multi billionaires by begging for forgiveness. I am sure there will a token gesture of "sorry" for the masses but begging for forgiveness give your head a shake lad.

Last edited:
So the American NFL franchise model finally finds its way into European Socker and is binned off after 48 hours. Having a show rather than a competition was never going to work. The problem is the corrupt organisations of FIFA and UEFA come out of this as the good guys when they are part of the problem.

American billionaires don't understand football or what competition means. They should be encouraged to move away from the sport.

Alan Pace Burnleys chairman, the one we would have got if the Prince had lost the Court case, must have been voting through gritted teeth yesterday against the proposal. Its everything his franchise aspires to.

The Glazers should move their model to Asia where there are millions ready to support the likes of Merseyside Walk aloners, Newton Heath Stealers, Sky Blue Pound notes and the Woolwich diving academy.

Not an extension because of teh 23 year rule. Nothing against the money just the lack of opportunity to be part of it for any club in the Prem other than the 6.

Unless we some how locate a multi billionaire willing to invest in SUFC we can only aspire to be a token member of the Premier League nothing more. If that is the limit of our aspirations then that's great. The fact remains that the top six have almost a monopoly on winning the title and entry to the Champions league. Only Leicester who have a multi billionaire and Blackburn who's owner Jack Walker funded the winning of the title have broken that cycle. Money wins trophys and that will not change.

I found it quite amusing watching the Chelsea fans protesting against the Owner's plans to join the Super League. These same fans will be asking the Owner to dig deep into his pockets to fund the purchasing of more players to compete in the Premiership and Champions League. I had the same thoughts when Carragher and Neville were ranting, guaranteed over the months leading up to the new season they will discuss what Liverpool and MU need to do to compete, the answer will be the owners have to provide a war chest of unspecified millions to the mangers to purchase top quality players, the same owners they have criticised . A poor imitation of the "chuckle brothers" at best.

Unless we some how locate a multi billionaire willing to invest in SUFC we can only aspire to be a token member of the Premier League nothing more. If that is the limit of our aspirations then that's great. The fact remains that the top six have almost a monopoly on winning the title and entry to the Champions league. Only Leicester who have a multi billionaire and Blackburn who's owner Jack Walker funded the winning of the title have broken that cycle. Money wins trophys and that will not change.

When I was a kid and first watched the Blades all I wanted was to score more goals than the other team. A win sent me home happy and a loss send me home
and spoilt my weeK-end (still does). So fast forward to today, I want my team to
get back to the riches of the Prem and they and the other 23 in the Championship
can dream........that is the best bit FnaF.

When I was a kid and first watched the Blades all I wanted was to score more goals than the other team. A win sent me home happy and a loss send me home
and spoilt my weeK-end (still does). So fast forward to today, I want my team to
get back to the riches of the Prem and they and the other 23 in the Championship
can dream........that is the best bit FnaF.

For many fans that is not enough, it is for you that's great. Many fans resent the top teams with a vengeance, quoting the gap between the in balance in revenue doesn't create a level playing field etc etc. I have accepted we will never be a major football team, but we will have small sip of success along the way. I also accept that anybody who invests in the top teams want to create as much income as they can for their club that goes with the territory, I don't think our current custodian is any different.

For many fans that is not enough, it is for you that's great. Many fans resent the top teams with a vengeance, quoting the gap between the in balance in revenue doesn't create a level playing field etc etc. I have accepted we will never be a major football team, but we will have small sip of success along the way. I also accept that anybody who invests in the top teams want to create as much income as they can for their club that goes with the territory, I don't think our current custodian is any different.
Look at it another way, Liverpool fans have seen it all but they have been lulled
into a fake dream of success. Failure this season still gives them the money but
it's still failure if all you want is to be the best.
Arsenal fans suffer now by just being mid table.
It's just a game but linked to all our lives.

The funniest thing about this is the 'big 6' have branded their domestic fans, the punters who go to games, as 'Legacy Fans'. 🤣

So old Jimmy Ping Pong watching in China and Soccerguy in America are just as important to the 'big 6' as fans who spend a fortune supporting the team in all weathers and through thick and thin.

Legacy Fans. 😂😂😂

As ‘Legacy supporters’, for a long time many of us have strongly suspected that our worth to the clubs we follow falls somewhere between f*** all and slightly less. Many of us made our peace with it; some who couldn’t simply walked away.

I suspect the majority of fans will be simply looking forward to seeing their teams live in stadiums again. Those who have walked away, especially at the bigger clubs, will be replaced by fans that couldn't previously acquire one. the OTT reaction by media pundits of fans boycotting their teams,right bye then.

_118156257_redissue1.jpg

I would suspect these fans were criticizing the owners for not buying Sancho, do they realize paying massive transfer fees and obscene wages is a major part of the problem. Did they moan when the owners brought in Pogba and Fernandes, fans are an enigma for sure.