European Super League | Page 4 | Vital Football

European Super League

Founding clubs, the 12 clubs and three more who could be joining as founding members, have signed a 23-year commitment to this new Super League.

Nobody is disputing the fact that 15 clubs will not be relegated but it is not a closed shop as five other teams would qualify every year. Let's just agree football associations, FIFA, UEFA and the Premiership are driven by money, to suggest any of them have the fans at the forefront of their decision making is laughable.
Sorry but 5 clubs qualify each year and no relegation......expect a big league.
The Prem is all about the money but at least we had a chance to join. And no one on here said we should tell them to stuff their money.

The Prem is all about the money but at least we had a chance to join. And no one on here said we should tell them to stuff their money.

Numerous posters are against the Premiership and all it stands for on here and S2, unfortunately you can't cherry pick what you like about it and still collect the cheques it comes as a package.

I think you're missing the point here mate.

The Dutch and Belgian leagues are dominated by a few clubs like Scotland, In Holland its Ajax, Feyenoord and PSV. They've shared 57 out the last 60 titles. In Belgium its even weaker but again, Anderlect, Brugges, Std Liege have all but won everything for ever. Good move from HRH to get in on this btw.

As much bigger league system we've been able to support 100+ full time sides, but maybe those days are coming to an end. In all seriousness there are more youngsters who would prefer to play FIFA/Football manager than actually go and play, or even watch a real game. Maybe football and football leagues do need to reimagine themselves for 30 years from now. Change or die..?

The Dutch and Belgian leagues are dominated by a few clubs like Scotland, In Holland its Ajax, Feyenoord and PSV. They've shared 57 out the last 60 titles. In Belgium its even weaker but again, Anderlect, Brugges, Std Liege have all but won everything for ever. Good move from HRH to get in on this btw.

As much bigger league system we've been able to support 100+ full time sides, but maybe those days are coming to an end. In all seriousness there are more youngsters who would prefer to play FIFA/Football manager than actually go and play, or even watch a real game. Maybe football and football leagues do need to reimagine themselves for 30 years from now. Change or die..?

Or if it's not broke don't mend it?

Sky started the clusterf u ck.
Football was a simple game before that.
Everything that has happened to it since has been absolutely negative.

Seven teams won the Premiership title: Manchester United (13), Chelsea (5), Manchester City (4), Arsenal (3), Blackburn Rovers (1), Leicester City (1) and Liverpool (1).

England differs how?

I do know mate and I'm happy to have Prem money for our club. And I'd be happy for theses 6 to go.

There will be a great deal of to froing from each party and a compromise will be reached it's just the biggest clubs testing the water again who will be the winners I can probably guess but i'll wait and see. The Premiership was initiated by the bigger clubs to generate more revenue for themselves, the other clubs are there basically to make the numbers up the SL is just an extension of that process.

There is absolutely no comparison between the Prem and this new proposed structure.
The Prem is part of a pyramid. It has relegation and promotion. This latest obscenity has neither and if allowed will destroy football right down to grass roots. Anyone thinks different is a total f u c ktard.

The Premier has been won by a select number of clubs and for entry into the Champs League probably those clubs who were instrumental in it's evolution. The remaining clubs are just there for window dressing.

Last edited:
Reports chelsea are pulling out if it’s just a ruse to disperse the crowd that had gathered outside the bridge then they will really have a riot on their hands I don’t think even they are daft enough to try and pull that stunt but if they have and bayern rejecting it then it’s falling on stony ground already

CHELSEA PREPARING TO WITHDRAW FROM SUPER LEAGUE

As suspected they were testing the water, they will all follow suit will it go away not a chance. That will stop our escape from relegation by the back door.

Reports chelsea are pulling out if it’s just a ruse to disperse the crowd that had gathered outside the bridge then they will really have a riot on their hands I don’t think even they are daft enough to try and pull that stunt but if they have and bayern rejecting it then it’s falling on stony ground already

I just want the prem to f u ck the 6 off anyway. It would be the best thing ever to happen to English football.