European Super League | Vital Football

European Super League

BladesMad

Alert Team
Staff member
I think authorities need to be very careful in what they say or do. Threatening to kick them out of competitions and leagues simply isn't enough. Simon Jordan made an interesting point several months ago on TalkSport. Most of these clubs have American owners and if you think of the game over there (American football and soccer) it's monopolised with franchised clubs and more importantly they have a league system that doesn't include relegation- which is what these clubs want. They aren't botherd playing same teams year in, year out as long as it earns them billions. I don't think players would lose face over not representing there county either and there would be nothing stopping them from setting up there own World Cup with non FIFA registered players. They'd be able to cream all the best players in the world (like they already do) and pay them 3-4 times there current wages. There is a big risk that the Premier League could be turned into Scottish PL, with too few clubs having the quality to properly compete in the league. Clubs could quite easily just walk away and do this anyway.

After the EU27 have sorted out carp fishing issues at the April meeting they'll
be all over this.

So trying to bring the American model over there - and ignoring the history of "soccer" and all its fans in the process.................hmmm that's going to work - not.

Reality must be starting to strike home about what having a seriously rich owner means.

Great idea.
Let them go and play amongst themselves, as long as they don’t play in our leagues as well. We would have a fairer and more exciting competition without them, while their real fans (mainly in Asia and Africa) enjoy watching them on TV playing each other ad nauseum.
I’d be delighted if they went.

Great idea.
Let them go and play amongst themselves, as long as they don’t play in our leagues as well. We would have a fairer and more exciting competition without them, while their real fans (mainly in Asia and Africa) enjoy watching them on TV playing each other ad nauseum.
I’d be delighted if they went.

put like that - what's not to like!

I don't see how this is feasible, for the majority of the 20 either they will have a season of only 18 matches and their season ends in December, or if they remain in the league they will have to fit in an extra 18 matches in the first half of the season, in a normal season there are mid week matches so they will have to play 3 matches a week.

I don't see where the money is coming from, the money from broadcasters are finite, Sky at the moment can't afford both the Premier League and Europe, and it choses to broadcast the Premier League, as it fills up the schedule all week rather than just a few midweek games.

As with all competitions the prize money goes to the teams who gets further in the competition, therefore teams like Arsenal who are struggling to compete in the Premier League will be in a position where they do not get out out of the first part, Over the years this division will grow with a "big 4" who will get in the semis most years and the rest, imagine the nightmare for supporters of the worse team of the 15, especially if they leave their national league, and their only matches are losing against every other team. year on year, a season like ours, but repeated every year with no chance of escape.

I don't see how this is feasible, for the majority of the 20 either they will have a season of only 18 matches and their season ends in December, or if they remain in the league they will have to fit in an extra 18 matches in the first half of the season, in a normal season there are mid week matches so they will have to play 3 matches a week.

I don't see where the money is coming from, the money from broadcasters are finite, Sky at the moment can't afford both the Premier League and Europe, and it choses to broadcast the Premier League, as it fills up the schedule all week rather than just a few midweek games.

As with all competitions the prize money goes to the teams who gets further in the competition, therefore teams like Arsenal who are struggling to compete in the Premier League will be in a position where they do not get out out of the first part, Over the years this division will grow with a "big 4" who will get in the semis most years and the rest, imagine the nightmare for supporters of the worse team of the 15, especially if they leave their national league, and their only matches are losing against every other team. year on year, a season like ours, but repeated every year with no chance of escape.

The lack of matches will allow longer breaks to tour where te 'real fans ' are.

Asia v Kathmandu Athletic on a Wednesday night with a UK kick off time of 06.00 or whatever.

Let them go, let them go, let them go.

Spurs have just sacked Mourinho, obviously not Super enough.

Can you imagine the pigs fans tuning into SSN for loads about us getting relegated. after watching all the European league stuff they are thinking they must be getting round to us soon, then Mourinho gets sacked, I bet they think its a huge conspiracy

It's been inevitable since the formation of the Prem and the binning of the European Cup knockout for champions only to the league with half the Prem able to participate.

Frankly it can't come quick enough for me. The only proviso being the 6 that take part are sine die ineligable to play in any FA or EFL EPL competition again.

It would be wonderful for real football fans to be able to watch real teams with real players not mincing diving time wasting ladygardens, (at least until a new big 6 is formed).

So are we relegated or not?:cool:

It's been inevitable since the formation of the Prem and the binning of the European Cup knockout for champions only to the league with half the Prem able to participate.

Frankly it can't come quick enough for me. The only proviso being the 6 that take part are sine die ineligable to play in any FA or EFL EPL competition again.

It would be wonderful for real football fans to be able to watch real teams with real players not mincing diving time wasting ladygardens, (at least until a new big 6 is formed).

So are we relegated or not?:cool:

But these bods want to have their cake and eat it, and play in both.
It looks like another bonanza for the international lawyers.
Screw the lot of them!

Laters ManC ManU Arsenal Spurs Chelski Liverpool.................you're obviously too big and rich to play with us anymore - so go play elsewere - you wont be missed

But these bods want to have their cake and eat it, and play in both.
It looks like another bonanza for the international lawyers.
Screw the lot of them!

They can want all they want. Gary Neville got it 100% bang right. He wants them fining and points deducted just for expressing the intent to break away. Personally it would be the best thing to ever happen to the English Leagues if they got kicked out.

They can want all they want. Gary Neville got it 100% bang right. He wants them fining and points deducted just for expressing the intent to break away. Personally it would be the best thing to ever happen to the English Leagues if they got kicked out.

Agree 100% SBT, but that’s not what these ******s have in mind.
As I said above - bonanza time for the legal profession - and these clubs will use some extremely expensive and clever international lawyers.
And as we all know, legal decisions don’t always go the way we would like.

Am suprised the porkies aren't throwing a strop at not being invited, we all know they would take 3000 to the european equivalent of QPR....

Gary Neville wanting his own club to be relegated points deducted what a dick head. From a guy who makes a living from Sky who allegedly who have ruined football what a hypocrite.

Gary Neville wanting his own club to be relegated points deducted what a dick head. From a guy who makes a living from Sky who allegedly who have ruined football what a hypocrite.
Not a fan of his but has he done anything against the rules? ManU joining would be.'

UEFA announce new Champions League format, obviously they are doing for the good of football not to make more money for the Elite clubs, let me guess. UEFA, FIFA , Premiership any any football body all want their share of the money tree that is football and even more frightened of losing their share.