Bad news for Buddha & travellers in general | Page 5 | Vital Football

Bad news for Buddha & travellers in general

Our traveller problem in Devon is quite different.
The problem on the north Devon coast is middle age, middle class travellers turning up in droves in huge motor homes and parking all along the coast roads.
Woolacombe is particularly hit.
Vans parking up for a week or more.
They simply pay the daily parking rate which is hugely cheaper than a camp site.
It seems innocuous but causes problems as they spread out. It also stops day tourists who spend money from finding parking spaces.
The quay at Appledore was another favourite with motor homers staying in the car park, paying the daily fee and staying for the week.
The local council has very recently allocated one particular area that they can park in, to much outrage from the tourists.
The area will hold about four motor homes with a two night maximum stay.

The question really is, why can’t these vans park up in an appropriate site with facilities?

Our traveller problem in Devon is quite different.
The problem on the north Devon coast is middle age, middle class travellers turning up in droves in huge motor homes and parking all along the coast roads.
Woolacombe is particularly hit.
Vans parking up for a week or more.
They simply pay the daily parking rate which is hugely cheaper than a camp site.
It seems innocuous but causes problems as they spread out. It also stops day tourists who spend money from finding parking spaces.
The quay at Appledore was another favourite with motor homers staying in the car park, paying the daily fee and staying for the week.
The local council has very recently allocated one particular area that they can park in, to much outrage from the tourists.
The area will hold about four motor homes with a two night maximum stay.

The question really is, why can’t these vans park up in an appropriate site with facilities?

Visited north devon beaches a couple of years ago and you're right, all those tourist beaches were chocka-block.

We took the van to Crow Point instead and stayed there for a few nights. It was great, not many people there at all. Signs were up saying no overnight parking but we ignored them. There were few others doing the same. Nobody came and challenged any of us.

Visited north devon beaches a couple of years ago and you're right, all those tourist beaches were chocka-block.

We took the van to Crow Point instead and stayed there for a few nights. It was great, not many people there at all. Signs were up saying no overnight parking but we ignored them. There were few others doing the same. Nobody came and challenged any of us.

We actually overlook Crow Point from where we now live in Instow.

I agree 100% with you.
Go somewhere quiet, don't piss off anybody, take away your crap with you and you can live peacefully and with freedom.

Bad parking 👎

This is more what we get in the East. Bad travellers

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-56475355
People who steal stuff for personal gain come in all levels of society from the rich to poor.People with permanent homes and who without. Dogs are possibly easier targets along with cars bikes and other items left outside the home for long or short periods. Town and cities are possibly easier as although their are potentially more witnesses there are also more targets and fewer percentage of people watching out for what is happening in the community.That is the one thing I have noticed since my move a greater community spirit in a village. I lived in Medway towns for a total of 40 years of my life but in truth I knew a tiny fraction of what went on in that community. If a car or dog got stolen a few streets away I probably would not know.It will be interesting to find on if this whole pandemic thing brings people closer together after the thing finally dies out .Or if towns and housing estates are more divided than ever.From what I have heard and seen the community in our village will have a really close bond .I look forward to it with hope.

Last edited:
There are certain unnamed groups in society that have no respect for the welfare of animals though.

Round these parts our local "group" drive those horse carts which are so unstable that they often veer off the road and overturn, unfortunately not often injuring the driver, but certainly eventually putting paid to the horse's fetlocks. Occasionally the horses have heart attacks, are unhitched from the carts and the bodies just left in the road.

On a regular basis there are stories of dogs bodies found in bags in streams having drowned with their legs tied together. F*ckin cowardly scum, whoever they may be.:unsure:

When we start walking dogs again regularly, I shall be making sure I carry the longest sharpest screwdriver that will fit in my jacket as a protective precaution and, should I be challenged by a PC, I shall tell them about the imaginary shelves I am on the way to fit !:mad:

Last edited:
There are certain unnamed groups in society that have no respect for the welfare of animals though.

Round these parts our local "group" drive those horse carts which are so unstable that they often veer off the road and overturn, unfortunately not often injuring the driver, but certainly eventually putting paid to the horse's fetlocks. Occasionally the horses have heart attacks, are unhitched from the carts and the bodies just left in the road.

On a regular basis there are stories of dogs bodies found in bags in streams having drowned with their legs tied together. F*ckin cowardly scum, whoever they may be.:unsure:

When we start walking dogs again regularly, I shall be making sure I carry the longest sharpest screwdriver that will fit in my jacket as a protective precaution and, should I be challenged by a PC, I shall tell them about the imaginary shelves I am on the way to fit !:mad:

I'd keep that type of common sense to yourself , if I were you. There are people who would use that against you.

I see it's going well in Bristol.....
Police officers with broken bones.
A protest called 'Kill the Bill'
No doubt some of the same crowd who threw the statue in the docks.
Buddha will be excited.

I see it's going well in Bristol.....
Police officers with broken bones.
A protest called 'Kill the Bill'
No doubt some of the same crowd who threw the statue in the docks.
Buddha will be excited.
He’s already said he supports Kill the Bill in writing on this forum.
Antifa at it’s very worst.
The consolation is that they are highly monitored.

I’d highly recommend everyone to watch Seaspiracy on Netflix.
It highlights how the sea is being raped of it’s resources.
Quite a chilling watch.