Bad news for Buddha & travellers in general | Vital Football

Bad news for Buddha & travellers in general

Gilles Lingam

Vital Squad Member
The Travellers’ Times can reveal that lawyers and campaigners are ready to act after the government recently announced that new ‘hostile’ anti-Traveller laws, which could include the criminalisation of trespass, will be delivered this autumn..............
Writing in the Guardian, campaign journalist George Monbiot said that the new proposed laws were a trap and could affect everyone - not just Gypsies and Travellers:

“The harder you look, the more disguised powers appear to be lodged in this consultation. Even if new trespass laws are aimed only at those residing on land, they will affect not only Gypsies, Roma and Travellers, but also rough sleepers.

Any new laws are also likely to be used against protesters. We’ve seen how previous legislation – such as the 1994 Criminal Justice and Public Order Act, the 1997 Protection from Harassment Act, the 2000 Terrorism Act and the 2005 Serious Organised Crime and Police Act – has been immediately deployed against peaceful protest, in some cases after the government promised that it would not be used for this purpose.”

https://www.travellerstimes.org.uk/...UzXduYV_t9wgQTWbq-Lee7eUUlzI-mUJORt-_tSvz0g8s

Amid Covid and Brexit, with us facing horrific economic times ahead, many people sitting around angry. Satisfy the common civilian by taking up the fight against arguably the lowest-regarded race/classes. Well, there are also the Muslims but Boris won’t want to upset them, eh?!

I am sure that it will be popular among the Tory faithful unless they find themselves homeless and then it will be barbaric.

The Travellers’ Times can reveal that lawyers and campaigners are ready to act after the government recently announced that new ‘hostile’ anti-Traveller laws, which could include the criminalisation of trespass, will be delivered this autumn..............
Writing in the Guardian
, campaign journalist George Monbiot said that the new proposed laws were a trap and could affect everyone - not just Gypsies and Travellers:

“The harder you look, the more disguised powers appear to be lodged in this consultation. Even if new trespass laws are aimed only at those residing on land, they will affect not only Gypsies, Roma and Travellers, but also rough sleepers.

Any new laws are also likely to be used against protesters. We’ve seen how previous legislation – such as the 1994 Criminal Justice and Public Order Act, the 1997 Protection from Harassment Act, the 2000 Terrorism Act and the 2005 Serious Organised Crime and Police Act – has been immediately deployed against peaceful protest, in some cases after the government promised that it would not be used for this purpose.”

https://www.travellerstimes.org.uk/...UzXduYV_t9wgQTWbq-Lee7eUUlzI-mUJORt-_tSvz0g8s

I've known about the proposed legislation for some while but had hoped that Covid might have knocked it down their list of priorities.

It is bad news. And George Monbiot is right, if this becomes law it wont simply be used against travellers.

There is so much I could say about this but it is literally too close to home for me and I'm not really up for discussing it too much on here.

I don't want to live in this shithole of a country anyway. I'm only still here because my son aint grown up yet. But he nearly is. Then I'm off. You lot can keep your Tory Britain.

And Tarian wonders why I call them *****.

Last edited:
With regard to the article, Abbie Kirkby is a good friend of mine. And one of the photos is from Hedge-U-Cation and the two blokes in the picture are mates of mine. The blue horsebox in the background belongs to another friend of mine.

Hedge-U-Cation is held during the Spring half-term holiday and is a new traveller festival mainly (but not entirely) for the kids. New travellers from all over the country come to Hedge-U-Cation and set up workshops for the kids. It's really good and the kids get to do loads of traditional arts and crafts including woodwork, metalwork, basketry, wild food foraging and making preserves. It wasn't held this year because of Covid but I've taken the library bus there the last few years.

And then my mates playing, with the briefest glimpse of me at the back, taking a swig of beer!

Last edited:
With regard to the article, Abbie Kirkby is a good friend of mine. And one of the photos is from Hedge-U-Cation and the two blokes in the picture are mates of mine. The blue horsebox in the background belongs to another friend of mine.

Hedge-U-Cation is held during the Spring half-term holiday and is a traveller festival mainly (but not entirely) for the kids. Travellers from all over the country come to Hedge-U-Cation and set up workshops for the kids. It's really good and the kids get to do loads of traditional arts and crafts including woodwork, metalwork, basketry, wild food foraging and making preserves. It wasn't held this year because of Covid but I've taken the library bus there the last few years.

And then my mates playing, with the briefest glimpse of me at the back, taking a swig of beer!

Looks like a fun event mate .It is not a million miles from what Hitler did to the Jews.Unfortunately I think you are right that this country is heading for a them and us society. Currently most will be on the side of the Tories as the battle against anyone who doesn't conform. But as things get worst for very many millions in this country more and more of us will find ourselves with you mate.Brexit has made travelling abroad to live more difficult something only the rich will be able to do.We voted for this shower of $#/+ and I am assuming there actions will be welcomed by the majority much like they were in Germany before the war.
All the very best to you and your family and friends mate. It will be tough but the lord will look after all who believe in the kingdom of god however poor and meek.This is genocide I too am deeply ashamed of what my country is becoming.
Those including the vast majority will welcome this new legislation will dream of becoming part of this countries drive towards us all being like these people.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.in...wnership-royals-middle-ages-a8878931.html?amp

They will drive out the unwanted from out society.It the name of the great and good.They will still continue to condemn nazi Germany for what they did doing it here themselves.

More bad new for travellers today. 3 of them have been convicted of manslaughter for the killing of a policeman

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-53526636
That was some people who had evil in their hearts they live in all parts of society.What you just did is just like the Nazi's did .Frankly you are as bad as the people who cheered on the Nazi's if you applaud what is actually happening now.What you did is exactly why this country is heading down the drain.You judge based on colour or race or what people wear or where they live.
Our lord was born a gipsy in all but name he was nomadic .

Last edited:
Chris, thanks for your kind words and sentiments, mate.

I've just been talking to my mate next door about all this. I actually pissed on his bonfire a bit because he'd come round to tell me that he'd had a phone call from the council bloke and it sounded hopeful that we might get some more time where we are right now. So then I told him about the TT article from two days ago (can't find anything else that up to date though).

We were both agreed that if this happens, as always we'll just have to mutate and survive. We've faced draconian legislation designed to crush in the past and it's not killed us off. This wont either. But we were moaning about how the CJA has meant that we have so often had to divide our communities and park up in much smaller groups. I suggested that perhaps to fight this legislation we should return to having large convoys and big sites with loads of vehicles and people.

His response was to say, "What, and face off against the police?! You know that'll just end up with more Battle of the Beanfield scenarios, we can't put our women, children and homes into that kind of danger." I kind of agreed with him but I did ponder on it for a few moments. Was it not the case that the Battle of the Beanfield was only able to happen because the British public didn't see what was happening at the time? Shirley if the police were just beating people up and smashing the fuck out of people's homes and it was all being reported live (as it could and would be now) the public wouldn't allow it to happen?

Or would they?

Looks like a fun event mate .It is not a million miles from what Hitler did to the Jews.Unfortunately I think you are right that this country is heading for a them and us society. Currently most will be on the side of the Tories as the battle against anyone who doesn't conform. But as things get worst for very many millions in this country more and more of us will find ourselves with you mate.Brexit has made travelling abroad to live more difficult something only the rich will be able to do.We voted for this shower of $#/+ and I am assuming there actions will be welcomed by the majority much like they were in Germany before the war.
All the very best to you and your family and friends mate. It will be tough but the lord will look after all who believe in the kingdom of god however poor and meek.This is genocide I too am deeply ashamed of what my country is becoming.
Those including the vast majority will welcome this new legislation will dream of becoming part of this countries drive towards us all being like these people.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/england-land-ownership-royals-middle-ages-a8878931.html?amp

They will drive out the unwanted from out society.It the name of the great and good.They will still continue to condemn nazi Germany for what they did doing it here themselves.
Unfortunately as soon as you start on about the Nazi, your argument is doomed.
I am sure that many travelers such as Buddha, are decent, and for the most part law abiding citizens, that doesn't give them a right to move onto someone else's
land and refuse to move. If they do and get away with it that's fine, if when asked to move they do so.
I haven't read the new regulations to know all the details, but I am sure that it has no similarities with Hitler and the Jews.

We are also being softened up for removal of all local control over planning. Clear the travellers off sites, ram dodgy planning through, announce increased housebuilding figures. Hurrah!

I lay a penny to a pound that the reform of leasehold law is tangled up in negotiation and amendment to render it much weaker. It's a great country if you want to buy a house or flat and never own it. It's an even greater country if you pay tax offshore on your management fees and ground rents. Hurrah, hurrah!

I haven't read the new regulations to know all the details, but I am sure that it has no similarities with Hitler and the Jews.
It's not the regulations that are Nazi, he's saying that I acted like the Nazi's (sic) by posting a link to a story on the BBC news site (I think that is what he is saying?).

It's not the regulations that are Nazi, he's saying that I acted like the Nazi's (sic) by posting a link to a story on the BBC news site (I think that is what he is saying?).
The regulations could become Nazi .But yes posting a link about murderers and linking it to others was very wrong in my view.

The Petition;

Don’t criminalise trespass
The Government's manifesto stated “we will make intentional trespass a criminal offence”: an extreme, illiberal & unnecessary attack on ancient freedoms that would threaten walkers, campers, and the wider public. It would further tilt the law in favour of the landowning 1% who own half the country.
▼More details
For a thousand years, trespass has been a civil offence – but now the Government is proposing to make trespass a criminal offence: a crime against the state. Doing so could:
- Criminalise ramblers who stray even slightly from the path;
- Remove the ability of local residents to establish new rights of way;
- Criminalise wild camping, denying hikers a night under the stars;
- Clamp down on peaceful protest, a fundamental right and essential part of our democracy;
- Impact Traveller communities.

They've sugar-coated that!

Talking of Wild Campers, the Exmoor Rangers have traditionally turned a blind eye because the hardcore campers used to stay a night or two in one place and clean up after themselves so you wouldn’t know they had been there.
Now the problem is wild camping by the Festival types who rock up, make a mess and leave all their crap behind, including tents and sleeping bags.
It’s a big problem for the wildlife and the Rangers are saying that clearing up is taking up half their time.
Same old story unfortunately, some ruining things for others.

Unfortunately as soon as you start on about the Nazi, your argument is doomed.
I am sure that many travelers such as Buddha, are decent, and for the most part law abiding citizens, that doesn't give them a right to move onto someone else's
land and refuse to move. If they do and get away with it that's fine, if when asked to move they do so.

Well said