The player who left thread | Page 358 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

With SJ not playing for the best part of 6 weeks is not a surprise that others have come to the fore .

This country is a joke when it comes to picking players. Years of bang averageness from Lingaard and whoppy do he has a few good games and bang , talked about as starter in a major tournament. We promote into the senior team and squad far too easily, caps given like confetti.

SJ should be the first name on the team sheet. Players, managers, pundits, so called experts alike see it. If he isn’t , it’s the biggest joke in a long while with England and there have been many to choose from. Everytime I watch SNN the rolling stats column they have on the screen , most chances, most assists, most ball carrying , most fouls won etc guess who is in those lists, invariably top?. Staggering to think being injured for 6 weeks null and voids those stats, if that is the case.

Don‘t see the argument about Lingaard tbh. So by that chalk , if he drops off and say Emile Smith-Rowe has a stellar last 10 games , is he in the team then?. Probably because England managers fail to look beyond the here and now and players that play for certain clubs. Picking individuals instead of a team like they did dicking around with Gerrard and Lampard for years trying to shoe horn them into the same side.

Jack still tops most of the "stats" over all the others despite being missing for 7 games and playing a few before that with the injury.
As they say, form is temporary class is permanent, even off form he's still a 7/10 on form he's unplayable. Rashford Sterling Mount Foden are all good players but Jack is another level of brilliance.

Jack still tops most of the "stats" over all the others despite being missing for 7 games and playing a few before that with the injury.
As they say, form is temporary class is permanent, even off form he's still a 7/10 on form he's unplayable. Rashford Sterling Mount Foden are all good players but Jack is another level of brilliance.

Yes but let’s not let a player playing a handful of good games only because he wasn’t good enough to get into another teams starting line up get in the way of a good story though.

Wasn‘t Ross talked about for an England recall before Xmas. We really are very considered and non reactionary in this country aren’t we. Never looking at the short term :slap:
:surrender:

Yes but let’s not let a player playing a handful of good games only because he wasn’t good enough to get into another teams starting line up get in the way of a good story though.

Wasn‘t Ross talked about for an England recall before Xmas. We really are very considered and non reactionary in this country aren’t we. Never looking at the short term :slap:
:surrender:

Exactly mate, if players were picked on current club form half of the England team wouldn't make the squad.
short term "Form" to me is nonsense, the quality of the player overall is the only thing that matters.
Jack is a player for me who gets in any Villa side that I've ever seen in 50 years he is that good.
As for England he's the best thing since Gazza he's that good, Gazza doesn't conform and neither does Jack. You just give them the ball and say play

Of course you are all right. Jack is head and shoulders and should be in.

I'm just talking from Southgate's perspective. He spent 2 years trying his hardest not to pick him until the clamour became too much and he could no longewr ignore.

Now he has reasons not to pick him again. Wouldn't surprise me if he didn't.

Back to the original point the timing of Jack's absence has surely made his selection touch and go.

I reckon Southgate views him as trouble/wrong sort of character more than ability wise.
If jack is back and playing half decent then he'll prob take him and have him on the bench so that we can be treated to the exploits of Rice and Hendo.

Plenty of indications in the press that Jack could well be left out of the Euro squad...Henry Winter in the times suggesting that Southgate can’t ‘trust him’ which seems absolutely correct if he’s referring to the fact that Jack can’t be trusted to fit into the mould of playing boring, dull, uninspiring, predictable football in a squad that should be playing anything but!

With SJ not playing for the best part of 6 weeks is not a surprise that others have come to the fore .

This country is a joke when it comes to picking players. Years of bang averageness from Lingaard and whoppy do he has a few good games and bang , talked about as starter in a major tournament. We promote into the senior team and squad far too easily, caps given like confetti.
Lingard is getting talked up on here as well. He's a player who has spent the bulk of his career epitomising everything that's wrong with the game but he's now in the form of his life as he's playing for a 6 figure contract in London. He's an absolute joke of a player.

It’s an absolute joke that after being THE player of the last international break it is now being talked about that he isn’t starting in the euros let alone going.
All this on the back of players doing well in the recent games which were against the likes San Marino, Albania and Poland.

We wonder why we are perennial failures at international level.

The England Poland match was unwatchable with all the passing across and back in our own half. Switched off at half time, totally bored. I’m sure Gareth was delighted and that’s why it’s highly questionable whether Jack will go and why we’ve no chance of winning the thing.

He can't leave him out for playing reasons. He's been too good for too long and was England's best player by a loooooooong distance last international break.

Bad behaviour reasons. Ok so we're not taking Harry "beat up Greek police" Maguire, Phill "break quarantine and cheat on the mother of my baby" Foden. Kyle "hooker party during lockdown" Walker. Mason "broke lockdown rules" Mount either then? Thought not.

The only other reason is that Southgate simply doesn't like the type of player/person he is. Yet another England manager to prioritise safety over technical ability. All the reasons why we've done nothing at international level since 66 rolled into one pathetic decision by a small minded, petty little man.

I've a horrible feeling that we'll be seeing Lingard running around this summer bot Jack. It shouldn't happen but I honestly think my brain will implode with fury if he's not in that final squad.

I agree, Phillips looks average to me, I'm glad we didn't sign him for the £30m or whatever the supposed fee was.