The player who left thread | Page 360 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

may as well leave it til the albion game now -
if he is anyway remotely ready to play again obv
(which would be a little longer than last time)

trouble is you can't rely on anything the club is putting out about it
Those dirty bastards will put him out for the rest of the season.

Yes it is isn’t it.
So reactionary today in football. Now everyone has calmed down from the high of San Marino , Albania and Poland common sense is prevailing. Although Southgate is a strange one , with his leaving out of TAA. Another one leaving pundits and fans scratching their heads. I mean Trippier ?, Walker ?. Nah .

I don't get the distaste for Trippier personally. Always done well for England, really delivered as a RWB in 2018 and currently first choice RB for the long-time La Liga leaders who have the best defensive record. Can also cover on left-hand side. Walker is a regular for the PL champions elect and can also fill in as a right centre-back. I can see why Southgate favours them. I would be somehow looking to squeeze TAA in though if possible!

I suppose we have to accept what we are told but there does seem to be an air of mystery about Jack’s injury. Firstly, he didn’t go off injured during his last match played but stayed on until the 94th minute at Brighton. There was none of the usual specific analysis with a prognosis such as he’s likely to be out for 6 weeks . The will he or won’t he play every week suggests no one knows what it is. The comments like, Jack says it’s still a bit sore etc, is also very vague. Of course his last few games were very tough and he played nearly every minute of them, not rested or even substituted early to any significant degree. We all know that Jack hates being substituted as he loves every moment on the pitch. But does he know what’s best for him? I do wonder if there’s a bit of burn out here too, more in his mind than his body. And a side struggling for form may not be the most enticing proposition for a quick return.

I suppose we have to accept what we are told but there does seem to be an air of mystery about Jack’s injury. Firstly, he didn’t go off injured during his last match played but stayed on until the 94th minute at Brighton. There was none of the usual specific analysis with a prognosis such as he’s likely to be out for 6 weeks . The will he or won’t he play every week suggests no one knows what it is. The comments like, Jack says it’s still a bit sore etc, is also very vague. Of course his last few games were very tough and he played nearly every minute of them, not rested or even substituted early to any significant degree. We all know that Jack hates being substituted as he loves every moment on the pitch. But does he know what’s best for him? I do wonder if there’s a bit of burn out here too, more in his mind than his body. And a side struggling for form may not be the most enticing proposition for a quick return.
Agreed it's a bit mysterious but bare in mind he came back from injury to trigger the winning run in the championship. He's also desperate to get into the England squad.

Agreed it's a bit mysterious but bare in mind he came back from injury to trigger the winning run in the championship. He's also desperate to get into the England squad.

True and I’m not expressing facts just concerns. The amount of hype from pundits, press, fans and the like would be difficult for anyone to live up to and his last couple of performances were well below his best for whatever reason. Jack seems to thrive on pressure but just wonder if his enthusiasm could be helped by managing his playing time better. Did he really need to play 95 minutes of every game even if he wanted to? Hindsight is a miraculous tool of course but then we did see something similar in the promotion season.

Jack is not for sale so there is no asking price, he may have a valuation on computer games and stats sites but he isn't for sale so nobody is going to ever meet so fictitious asking price.
I'm struggling with which bit of he's not for sale some don't seem to grasp?
he has a buy out clause of £100 million i think and although he is not for sale hence the massive buy out price i think if that price is met then jack can talk to the club that makes the offer . and who can blaim him really he is a good player but he could be a great player and great players become great with the amount of medals they win and england caps they get and to become a regular england player he needs to be at a champions league club

I agree with Wicked Messenger’s comment about managing his game time for the rest of the season. We’re in no danger of the drop and Europe looks unlikely even though I’d love to see us there again. There’s no need for him to play the full 90 minutes of every game.
For next season, if he stays, we need a viable creative alternative who can play with him or take his role when he goes off.

i dont see any reason to rush him, he himself would be feeling a lot better after the changes yesterday and also the lads, i think after yesterday a heavy load as been lifted off his shoulders, the lads could and should put a run together now, starting with the poooool,,seanie