Posh vs Pish | Page 5 | Vital Football

Posh vs Pish

Problem with 5 at the back is it's more difficult to press. Rochdale put 5 in when we played that way. Would of been useful today when we went 1-0 to see the game out. When ahead the other team is always more dangerous.

The central defenders in the current 4 are having to sweep across to cover the fullbacks quite often, but it also forces the other team to have less time on the ball in the inital attacking phase.

Can't complain today, they've got some athletic players and we were 10mins from 3 points.

Rochdale put five in because we went to bits after another horrendous display by Jones.

Rochdale put five in because we went to bits after another horrendous display by Jones.

That's true about Jones but we had 9 shots vs 21, last time we played 5 at the back before playing hull vs oxford 7 shots vs 18 and 33% of the ball.

Can work but theres not many managers out their that can play it to a decent standard.

What was certainly a dive was the one by their mon that wasn't given, yet he wasn't booked.

That was both embarrassing and disgraceful.

Don't know where you sit at games but if you're near me you'll hear me shout when players go down in the pen box, "IF THAT'S NOT A PENALTY THEN ITS A YELLOW! been saying that for a while now, how come the officials don't get it?

Don't know where you sit at games but if you're near me you'll hear me shout when players go down in the pen box, "IF THAT'S NOT A PENALTY THEN ITS A YELLOW! been saying that for a while now, how come the officials don't get it?
I yelled exactly that from my armchair this afternoon.

On saturdays, (in the stadium !) half way line in the west.

Tried to bring him down with both feet, then stands on his foot, then takes another swing and collides knee to knee. Certain pen for me. He got zero ball and tripped him over.

According to a posh forum we have 11 thugs playing for us, if they want to win games by gaining fouls by going to ground every time they are challenged then football is done for.

TBH they were guilty of the worst two fouls of the game. The first one was when their captain went in two footed but was only given a yellow, the rules , I believe, say that if the player is not in control of his body it is deemed serious foul play and should be a red.

There was no way he was in control of anything,

Not surprised we turned up as this was the type of game where on paper we should lose easily but we typically put in a good performance.

We've got to start playing like this against the shit teams and we will be fine - but for some reason we go missing and give the bad sides an easy time in the easier games more often than not. It's no use saving the good performances to be gallant lovers, we need them to give us the wins in the games we really need the points.

I keep saying it, we aren't anywhere near as bad as some make out in terms of ability but our bottle / mentality are what keeps us down. Mentally we are fine as underdogs with no pressure but when it's a 50/50 game with pressure to win we mentally seem to crumble from the off.

Last 4 of the last 5 games of the season are very winnable - we will live or die by how much bottle we find in those type of games when we aren't underdogs and if we turn up we probably win.

Between now and end of the season we'll only stay up if we can mentally rise to the occasion in the crunch games.

Last edited:
He didn't even dive on this occasion as you see him try to play the ball after going down.

Darikwa tried to kick him with both feet before he got into the box, then stood on his right foot with his left foot which was clumsy and could of been a pen if he dived and got tangled. Then tried to tackle with the wrong leg and put his left foot in front of dembele, thats a trip, block what ever you want to call it. He connected knee to knee and fouled him.

You even see Dembele try to keep the ball with his left foot on the way down. This one is clear as day for me, shame he wasn't stronger with the first two attempts at fouling as they probably wouldn't of scored from a freekick.

I thought a challenge on Lang was more of a penalty and the foul was actually given against him by the ref.
They were also lucky not to get a man sent off within 10mins.
Massey was blatantly pushed in our box defending but nothing given.
Robinson went down easily in their box and quite right play waved on.
The ref seemed to have a delayed reaction to some of his decisions

On another day Beevers could of seen red and cost them a pen. But both were borderline and could of went either way. Was 2 footed but he sat down with zero momentum(ended up being more of a block then tackle) and the collision with Lang was 50/50 in the box.

The push on Massey was the most obvious foul/shove of the game.

Lang lead with his head although again zero momentum for the butt.

Ref was shite and gave them too many fouls for diving, especially the two on their right ward and thompson, they were a disgrace.