Posh vs Pish | Page 4 | Vital Football

Posh vs Pish

I was screaming " don't touch him " " don't touch him " " DONT FECKIN TOUCH HIM ".
We were desperately unlucky but I think we have signed some players with learning difficulties in this lot, it does not take a wise man to see how easy they went down looking for fouls so why would you give them the opportunity in the box ????

They certainly like to dive, from the off they were at it. Pen looked like some contact although was soft. Darikwa got skinned 7-10 times, someone should of helped double up, but that never happened.

Played well though, shame the points went away within minutes. Some good work rate on display.

Charlton got pumped 3-0 plus red card today, so they'll be up for it. Hopefully we have more energy then last tuesday.

We were desperately unlucky but I think we have signed some players with learning difficulties in this lot, it does not take a wise man to see how easy they went down looking for fouls so why would you give them the opportunity in the box ????
Agree we have gone 1-0 up to lose 2-1 multiple times this season which is usually down to our own errors. I honestly don't think that penalty was stonewall but it was a pen imo. If it was at the other end and it wasn't given I'm sure the same people who called it a dive would come out and see it was stonewall.

I did. One bad decision and then ever trying to make amends. Doesnt make what else he does look crap.

I would like to see him more upfield.

I would have taken a 2-1 defeat at the start.

We could have had three goals before we did score.

Yeah but you have to agree he struggled 1 on 1 defending today.

Top effort from the boys and a great goal from Aasgaard.

When are we going to learn to stay with the runners on the outside, twice in three minutes we lost a man on the right resulting in a cross which he couldn't miss and a penalty from the second.

If we are trying to see the game out we need to switch to three at the back with wing backs staying with the outside man. LR needs to react quicker and make the change. We should have taken Viv S-O off and replaced him with Johnston to make the three.

Nevertheless the improvement is there for all to see in our overall performance and for long spells we were the team looking most likely to take home the points.

MoM for me was Funso Ojo, with a great performance in midfield, he is now starting to show why he was brought in as he commanded our midfield with an assured calmness.

Super goal from young Thelo, much deserved for his recent performances and showing why people are starting to take notice of him.

As I said, a good performance from the team and once again we took the league leaders to task and proved that the squad we have are good enough to compete with the best this division has to offer. The performance levels are improving, now we have to start winning games and moving up the table. We have the players and the effort is there, we just have to find the winning mentality.

Onwards we go to Charlton in midweek and a good chance of turning them over if we continue to play on the front foot.

Is it something we just notice when we are struggling at the bottom how bad some of the referees are, because this season they have been going from bad to worse. Awful awful awful, I genuinely believe they do not give a crap about professional pride!

Really excellent work rate from us for about an hour or so. And fair play to Dan Gardner he worked his socks off. The coaching staff must have been in his ear. We made Peterborough look pretty ordinary. They look like they rely on the big man to deliver the goals for them but they didn’t look like they had much else. Jones has eff all to do for much of the game. We have to take the positives despite the disappointment. But we have to keep these levels up if we are to have any chance of beating the drop

Problem with 5 at the back is it's more difficult to press. Rochdale put 5 in when we played that way. Would of been useful today when we went 1-0 to see the game out. When ahead the other team is always more dangerous.

The central defenders in the current 4 are having to sweep across to cover the fullbacks quite often, but it also forces the other team to have less time on the ball in the inital attacking phase.

Can't complain today, they've got some athletic players and we were 10mins from 3 points.

Great performance, gut wrenching result despite low pre match expectations.
Other results have not helped and now, whilst not adrift, there are teams immediately above us with improving form that also have games in hand.
Need to start converting performances into points from here on in.

The problem is that the rh side of midfield don't always help the full back as much as they should.

Thing is mate LR and GR failed to respond to the changes they made.

They put an extra midfield player on and went to three at the back, we should have responded with a similar move to give the full backs cover and we didn't.

Probably a little bit of inexperience from our managers, but I hope they learn from it.

They put an extra midfield player on and went to three at the back, we should have responded with a similar move to give the full backs cover and we didn't.

Probably a little bit of inexperience from our managers, but I hope they learn from it.
Spot on.

Fair point. Still think the ref was their motm though.